BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-14-2022, 10:21 AM   #23
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

I waited 1 full week after contacting them to give them a chance to respond. Its obvious at this point they don't care and are fraudulent by still selling an exhaust that is vastly different then what their marketing videos show. The only way for them to fix it is help spread the word and keep this on top.....
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-14-2022, 03:58 PM   #24
K8_M235i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsupraguy View Post
I waited 1 full week after contacting them to give them a chance to respond. Its obvious at this point they don't care and are fraudulent by still selling an exhaust that is vastly different then what their marketing videos show. The only way for them to fix it is help spread the word and keep this on top.....
They are mainly just an Instagram company. Would rather put them in the hands of "influencers" than have customer service.
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-14-2022, 06:11 PM   #25
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

When I contacted them a while back regarding install issues, where to make cuts and if I could buy the advertised sound for my xDrive, it was all on Instagram. They responded within 24 hrs.

M3Cx, E92 M3 6MT
Previous cars: '21 Supra, '17 GT-R, '15 GT3, '13 GT-R '09 GT-R, '06 Z06, '06 Evo MR, '05 M3, '03 Evo, '00 Miata.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #26
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
When I contacted them a while back regarding install issues, where to make cuts and if I could buy the advertised sound for my xDrive, it was all on Instagram. They responded within 24 hrs.
I'm trying this hard to hopefully purchase a legitimate product they are trying to sell. I cant imagine if purchasing now is this hard how a shitstorm it will be if I had an issue......
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 07:21 PM   #27
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

If I would've known that the advertised sound wasn't going to be what I got, I would've went with another company. Sadly, I was willing to go with potential reduced quality and customer service to achieve that sound. I'd go AA single if I could do over especially since it comes with a new center brace.

M3Cx, E92 M3 6MT
Previous cars: '21 Supra, '17 GT-R, '15 GT3, '13 GT-R '09 GT-R, '06 Z06, '06 Evo MR, '05 M3, '03 Evo, '00 Miata.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 07:48 PM   #28
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
At this point I'm pretty disappointed in @valvetronics

I reached out to them via the only way possible on their website which is a form to complete over a week ago (no phone listed). No response at all. At this point everyone should know their single midpipe videos are false advertising and they used a "prototype" pipe which only 3 people have. Pretty disappointed and it just reflects poor/misleading business on their part.....
Hey brotha. I'm sorry you've been trying to get something that is not being made anymore. Mine was a prototype that only fits manuals. Just fyi, I had issues with that mid-pipe not fitting with catless DP and had to weld it. Do you want that? It wasn't a flex pipe nor did it fit the automatic transmission. So Valvetronic had to revise and make it a flex pipe so it fit all G8x cars.

There are now 100s of happy customers with their G8x single midpipe. Many of them my friends who I referred. Nobody is complaining about their sound. Some people actually make fun of mine calling it a "VQ" and crap. Doesn't bother me though. The original design is not being made anymore and isn't for sale. Ahsan chose to pay a lot of money to grab their last prototype which was his call.

I'm sorry you're having trouble reaching them. I recommend messaging them on Instagram. However, like I said the item is not being made anymore. You won't be disappointed grabbing their current mid-pipe. Still the best sounding by far and it's been a year.
'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2022, 08:24 PM   #29
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_Soom View Post
Hey brotha. I'm sorry you've been trying to get something that is not being made anymore. Mine was a prototype that only fits manuals. Just fyi, I had issues with that mid-pipe not fitting with catless DP and had to weld it. Do you want that? It wasn't a flex pipe nor did it fit the automatic transmission. So Valvetronic had to revise and make it a flex pipe so it fit all G8x cars.

There are now 100s of happy customers with their G8x single midpipe. Many of them my friends who I referred. Nobody is complaining about their sound. Some people actually make fun of mine calling it a "VQ" and crap. Doesn't bother me though. The original design is not being made anymore and isn't for sale. Ahsan chose to pay a lot of money to grab their last prototype which was his call.

I'm sorry you're having trouble reaching them. I recommend messaging them on Instagram. However, like I said the item is not being made anymore. You won't be disappointed grabbing their current mid-pipe. Still the best sounding by far and it's been a year.
The point is they are committing false advertising. The sound yours produces is far different than what they are selling. I understand you are incentivised by them giving you free stuff but I'm just calling it like it is.....
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1219.00
      08-25-2022, 08:36 PM   #30
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The point is they are committing false advertising. The sound yours produces is far different than what they are selling. I understand you are incentivised by them giving you free stuff but I'm just calling it like it is.....
I purchased that mid-pipe and was not sponsored a year ago when I made the purchase. I barely had a following a month into the car. Let's not assume things. They have videos advertising their current midpipe as well and so do many other people. I have not had a single person say they are disappointed it doesn't sound like mine. I understand you wanting to complain and bring negative publicity to Valvetronic. You're entitled to that. I just felt I needed to respond. Have a nice night.
'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 08:46 PM   #31
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Literally the post above yours by John H:

"If I would've known that the advertised sound wasn't going to be what I got, I would've went with another company. Sadly, I was willing to go with potential reduced quality and customer service to achieve that sound. I'd go AA single if I could do over especially since it comes with a new center brace."

I'm complaining because I have the balls to call them out for their false advertising.

Here's the video hosted on their YouTube page with no mention still that what they are selling is different....

https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw-m3-m4-g8x-midpipe

Ultimately, if I can't get a response from them when trying to purchase a product how do you think they are going to be if there is an issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 08:10 PM   #32
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

its not a different pipe its an altered sounds editing that makes it sound different/better.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1219.00
      09-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #33
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
its not a different pipe its an altered sounds editing that makes it sound different/better.
That would be even worse but you are incorrect. VT released a prototype initially and their current production sounds far different......
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1219.00
      09-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #34
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

You couldn't make a g80 sounds like that even if you wanted to. Its beyond obvious to me its edited. In a world where you can do anything I'm surprised people think a mid pipe makes that much of a difference. That G80 doesn't even sound like a G80 lol. Everyone would purchase that exhaust if it sounds like that, but we all know any mid pipe will not sound like that with catless dp's. I had catless dp's and what looks to be the original VT mid pipe and no way in hell it sounds like that (we all wish the s58 could). We just need to go find this same car and take an android or iPhone and video it, doubt it sounds the same as this video
Appreciate 1
M_Adaptive1769.00
      09-10-2022, 08:21 PM   #35
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You couldn't make a g80 sounds like that even if you wanted to. Its beyond obvious to me its edited. In a world where you can do anything I'm surprised people think a mid pipe makes that much of a difference. That G80 doesn't even sound like a G80 lol. Everyone would purchase that exhaust if it sounds like that, but we all know any mid pipe will not sound like that with catless dp's. I had catless dp's and what looks to be the original VT mid pipe and no way in hell it sounds like that (we all wish the s58 could). We just need to go find this same car and take an android or iPhone and video it, doubt it sounds the same as this video
Lol I'm not going to waste my time. If you actually read the thread they made three pipes that sound like that. Watch his instagram videos... https://instagram.com/g80_soom?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 08:24 PM   #36
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lol I'm not going to waste my time. If you actually read the thread they made three pipes that sound like that. Watch his instagram videos... https://instagram.com/g80_soom?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
No way you could achieve that different of a sound, but you can believe its a different mid pipe creating that sound if you want to. If they did created it they create this Mecca one off mid pipe, but said, "nah, we'll produce this instead". Makes no sense. Stock rear cat back is claimed to be used in this video, that alone should be the major obviousness regarding what it sounds like. VT editing the sound reminds me of

Last edited by brad65ford; 09-11-2022 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 08:28 PM   #37
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No way you could achieve that different of a sound, but you can believe its a different mid pipe creating that sound if you want to. If they did create it they create this Mecca one off mid pipe, but sad nah, we'll produce this instead I'd be surprised. Makes no sense.
You must ride the short bus. THE INITIAL PIPES WERE A DIFFERENT DESIGN HENCE THIS THREAD. Different design equals different sound.... good lord...
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2022, 08:45 PM   #38
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You must ride the short bus. THE INITIAL PIPES WERE A DIFFERENT DESIGN HENCE THIS THREAD. Different design equals different sound.... good lord...
Yes a short bus rider that used to record in studios, so fun altering sound with simple editing. If you can't hear the difference especially when they are recording from inside the car, you sir must also be a short bus rider yourself but for the hearing impaired. All good, not going to say it any more, you can believe its all in the pipes which it could be but IMHO it would be coming from a different type of cat back system as well (which they claim its OEM/stock) to achieve that drastic of a difference in sound.

Maybe someday someone will get to the bottom of why this car sounds so bad ass and so different than all of ours. Must be on the type of video recorder they recorded it on
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 10:02 PM   #39
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Quote:
Yes a short bus rider that used to record in studios, so fun altering sound with simple editing. If you can't hear the difference especially when they are recording from inside the car, you sir must also be a short bus rider yourself but for the hearing impaired. All good, not going to say it any more, you can believe its all in the pipes which it could be but IMHO it would be coming from a different type of cat back system as well (which they claim its OEM/stock) to achieve that drastic of a difference in sound.

Maybe someday someone will get to the bottom of why this car sounds so bad ass and so different than all of ours. Must be on the type of video recorder they recorded it on
It's impressive when people post a statement with confidence that are completely incorrect.

The sound found in the video is not altered in the slightest as many people have heard Soom's car in person and it's largely similar to the video since he's changed his axle back since that video was shot. The video also sounds nearly identical to my car as I'm lucky enough to own one of the prototype midpipes with different catless downpipes but stock axle back.

Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #40
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

trust me I'd be happy to be incorrect and I agree with the others if that is the truth behind the difference. Im amazed its that different of a sound.

Anyone have a photo of what the prototype looked like, that would answer a lot of questions.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 10:22 PM   #41
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
trust me I'd be happy to be incorrect and I agree with the others if that is the truth behind the difference. Im amazed its that different of a sound.

Anyone have a photo of what the prototype looked like, that would answer a lot of questions.
I do, but I've been asked not to post it. I can absolutely assure you it's different and was a PITA to install. The midpipes are welded to my downpipes and it cost me a pretty penny to install since AutoCouture had to weld some specific sized piping of their own to make it fit.

This version was ultimately rejected by Valvetronic because it does not fit the 8 speed automatic version/Competition models of the G8X M3/M4. It only fits the 6MT which is why Valvetronic canned it and adjusted the piping to fit the Competition model, which also fits the 6MT. There's less space under the ZF 8 speed, so it didn't fit. So it made sense for them to use just one version that fits all models.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 11:07 PM   #42
50shadesofhockenheim
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Toyota Prius

Quote:
I've heard this car in person and it sounds exactly how it does in the video
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 04:50 AM   #43
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Lol multiple people have posted since you and are backing me up that the version in the video IS INDEED DIFFERENT from their current production model. I even reached out to VT about this and they even admitted it. (see below). Time to use that brain between your ears toodles

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 06:18 AM   #44
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I do, but I've been asked not to post it. I can absolutely assure you it's different and was a PITA to install. The midpipes are welded to my downpipes and it cost me a pretty penny to install since AutoCouture had to weld some specific sized piping of their own to make it fit.

This version was ultimately rejected by Valvetronic because it does not fit the 8 speed automatic version/Competition models of the G8X M3/M4. It only fits the 6MT which is why Valvetronic canned it and adjusted the piping to fit the Competition model, which also fits the 6MT. There's less space under the ZF 8 speed, so it didn't fit. So it made sense for them to use just one version that fits all models.
wow, than we are back to the whole "true equal length mip pipe subject" again just like the S55 exhaust type of sound. Personally I didn't purchase my VT mid pipe since our M3 was purchased used and they were already installed. We did have a AA single mid pipe (similar shape/concept just a little different) on our last M2 and honestly really didn't like the sound of it, it sounds similar on the S58 and you can tell it doesn't have that equal length sound to it. When AA came out with the Spaghetti looking true equal length mid pipe a lot of folks did get excited and it did sound better at high rpm's respectfully so. Sounds like that was similar to what VT was offering with that prototype.

Oh well, shame for the people that have purchase one of the first manual versions they can't share what they own.

Regarding the whole point of the OP post, i do agree that their original video should never be used for what is now offered now. Its not even close to how they sound, that is true equal length sounds creating that beautiful sound unlike the big single collection tube now offered. My apologizes for saying it was made up sound, if I know that information I wouldn't have stated that thinking it was just another large single piped mid pipe.

Last edited by brad65ford; 09-11-2022 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 0