BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-05-2023, 06:17 AM   #1
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I'll start out with how this all began. I was in the market for an OEM M Performance front splitter. At the time I started the order, I had no idea the part was blocked from ordering in the US, at the time I tried to order. I ordered the part from a BMW Store, and a few days later, my money was refunded, with the reply of not available to order. I ordered from another BMW Store, online, and the same thing happened. My money was refunded a few days later. A third time, a few weeks later.

I found another BMW Store that said the part was in stock, and if you know how BMW ordering works from a dealership, most things they don't have in stock but the computer is showing what stock is available for dispatch. The 3rd time, I emailed the dealer, who replied in an hour, telling me it was in stock, so, I ordered a 3rd time, and this time, the BMW dealer, called me a few days later and explained to me what actually happened.

He told me he could get the part, and when he submitted the order, somewhere in the process, the part was blocked from being ordered in the US. I immediately figured it was blocked due to BMW building the 500 Jahre cars.

In the meantime, deciding that ordering this front lip, was going to be an impossibility, for the time being. However, I had OEM M Performance side skirts, and rear winglets, on hand that I wanted to get installed.

I went ahead and ordered an RSC OEM style front lip. I just wanted to get the rest of the M Performance side skirts installed, with the idea that I would be ordering an OEM lip, as soon as I started to see them coming back into stock. a few weeks after I received my RSC front lip.

I also got a message on this forum, with someone telling me they ordered, and just received their OEM front lip. I went into action. I called the same place that told me they couldn't get it, and nothing changed.

The person I talked to, ordered their from overseas. I set the ball rolling on trying to figure out where I was going to order. I shot a few messages to shops in Germany. One claimed they couldn't get the part, the second one could get the part, but they wouldn't ship it to the US.

I started checking out shops in the Uk and settled on ordering from a shop that had an "early Black Friday" sale going on. The price was almost too unbelievable to believe. I ordered the part, that said it was in stock, at this sale price, and then it took a few days, to get a reply email, telling me that they didn't have any in stock and were ordering the part from their supplier, who was "BMW" and they would have it by the end of the week.

This is where I started emailing, every week and they replied to me, telling me, they were back ordered, and couldn't tell me when the part was going to be available. Ok, I got a better deal on it by over $500 cheaper, even shipped, than I could find it anywhere else. It just decided to wait until it came back in stock, and they would eventually send it to me.

I ordered this front splitter, or October 24th 2022. On December 20th, I contacted an acquaintance who had helped me out in the past with sourcing some BMW part numbers for various things. I told him that i'd now ordered this OEM front splitter, almost 2 months ago, and I'm being told that stock doesn't exist, can you check on it for me? "Mate, there is 15 in stock in the UK, and 224 in stock in Germany." And he sent me the screenshots. (attached)

Id literally just gotten an email from the shop, that morning, telling me that there were none in stock, and they didnt know when they could get one for me. At this point, I wasn't going to let them win. The lip was for sale on their website, and never once showed out of stock. I emailed the same pictures of the ordering screens that show stock, and explained to them that they should be able to get one, because now there are nearly 250 in stock. They replied back, after being told they would have 2 by the end of the week. I waited until tuesday, this week, to email them, thinking there should be no excuse, now. What email do I get back, well, you can see, its attached. The ordering system is down, the rest of the week.

Worse, this acquaintance of mine, went to their website, and started a chat with them to try to order the part, and was told exactly how long it would take, and when they could have it, if they ordered it being told they would have the part by Thursday or Friday, of this week.

I was browsing the classifieds, on this site, like I always do, and ran into a member, whom I've spent a lot of money with, in the past. He had 3 OEM front splitters. I text him, last week, and he had 2 left. I told him I'd already ordered a front lip, and I told him the story, and that they were promising they would have it this week to ship it to me. And if that fell through, I would text him back, and just buy one of the ones he had. Well, he text me, yesterday, saying he had one left, and asked if I wanted it? I said, just send it to me. I was tired of waiting on the Uk, to respond with their lies. So, I bought it from him. I waited up, this morning, until the shop opened in the UK.

I clicked on chat, and someone replied. I started typing and the chat went to leave your email, and we will get back to you. I posted the auto response screen below.

I'm not ready to release the name of the shop, until I get my money back. But, as soon as I get my money refunded, after waiting nearly 10 weeks for this part, and being lied to time after time, over the past week. I'm ready to give up. Some people will be surprised by this UK shop, and I will tell you, it's not R44, right off the bat.

Who knows if this post will even stay up. But, I just wanted people to know the kind of shops that are out there. I ordered a part stupid cheap, 2 US shops tried to help me by attempting to get close to matching the price, and promised they couldn't even get close. The price has risen about $150 on the same site its for sale on, now. So, they are still advertising they have this lip, for this price, but they have lied to me for the last time.

The "picking slip" is my friend from the bmw dealer, in the UK, sending me proof they ordered one for a new car, this week, and it's already delivered.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 07:18 AM   #2
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

[QUOTE=Limegrntaln;29703226]I'll start out with how this all began. I was in the market for an OEM M Performance front splitter. At the time I started the order, I had no idea the part was blocked from ordering in the US, at the time I tried to order. I ordered the part from a BMW Store, and a few days later, my money was refunded, with the reply of not available to order. I ordered from another BMW Store, online, and the same thing happened. My money was refunded a few days later. A third time, a few weeks later.

I think we've all had these sort of issues unfortunately one time or another. It's really sad and infuriating as it's just such a waste of time, money and effort.

Glad you were finally able to get what you needed though and your car is really nice.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      01-05-2023, 07:43 AM   #3
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I'll start out with how this all began. I was in the market for an OEM M Performance front splitter. At the time I started the order, I had no idea the part was blocked from ordering in the US, at the time I tried to order. I ordered the part from a BMW Store, and a few days later, my money was refunded, with the reply of not available to order. I ordered from another BMW Store, online, and the same thing happened. My money was refunded a few days later. A third time, a few weeks later.

I found another BMW Store that said the part was in stock, and if you know how BMW ordering works from a dealership, most things they don't have in stock but the computer is showing what stock is available for dispatch. The 3rd time, I emailed the dealer, who replied in an hour, telling me it was in stock, so, I ordered a 3rd time, and this time, the BMW dealer, called me a few days later and explained to me what actually happened.

He told me he could get the part, and when he submitted the order, somewhere in the process, the part was blocked from being ordered in the US. I immediately figured it was blocked due to BMW building the 500 Jahre cars.

In the meantime, deciding that ordering this front lip, was going to be an impossibility, for the time being. However, I had OEM M Performance side skirts, and rear winglets, on hand that I wanted to get installed.

I went ahead and ordered an RSC OEM style front lip. I just wanted to get the rest of the M Performance side skirts installed, with the idea that I would be ordering an OEM lip, as soon as I started to see them coming back into stock. a few weeks after I received my RSC front lip.

I also got a message on this forum, with someone telling me they ordered, and just received their OEM front lip. I went into action. I called the same place that told me they couldn't get it, and nothing changed.

The person I talked to, ordered their from overseas. I set the ball rolling on trying to figure out where I was going to order. I shot a few messages to shops in Germany. One claimed they couldn't get the part, the second one could get the part, but they wouldn't ship it to the US.

I started checking out shops in the Uk and settled on ordering from a shop that had an "early Black Friday" sale going on. The price was almost too unbelievable to believe. I ordered the part, that said it was in stock, at this sale price, and then it took a few days, to get a reply email, telling me that they didn't have any in stock and were ordering the part from their supplier, who was "BMW" and they would have it by the end of the week.

This is where I started emailing, every week and they replied to me, telling me, they were back ordered, and couldn't tell me when the part was going to be available. Ok, I got a better deal on it by over $500 cheaper, even shipped, than I could find it anywhere else. It just decided to wait until it came back in stock, and they would eventually send it to me.

I ordered this front splitter, or October 24th 2022. On December 20th, I contacted an acquaintance who had helped me out in the past with sourcing some BMW part numbers for various things. I told him that i'd now ordered this OEM front splitter, almost 2 months ago, and I'm being told that stock doesn't exist, can you check on it for me? "Mate, there is 15 in stock in the UK, and 224 in stock in Germany." And he sent me the screenshots. (attached)

Id literally just gotten an email from the shop, that morning, telling me that there were none in stock, and they didnt know when they could get one for me. At this point, I wasn't going to let them win. The lip was for sale on their website, and never once showed out of stock. I emailed the same pictures of the ordering screens that show stock, and explained to them that they should be able to get one, because now there are nearly 250 in stock. They replied back, after being told they would have 2 by the end of the week. I waited until tuesday, this week, to email them, thinking there should be no excuse, now. What email do I get back, well, you can see, its attached. The ordering system is down, the rest of the week.

Worse, this acquaintance of mine, went to their website, and started a chat with them to try to order the part, and was told exactly how long it would take, and when they could have it, if they ordered it being told they would have the part by Thursday or Friday, of this week.

I was browsing the classifieds, on this site, like I always do, and ran into a member, whom I've spent a lot of money with, in the past. He had 3 OEM front splitters. I text him, last week, and he had 2 left. I told him I'd already ordered a front lip, and I told him the story, and that they were promising they would have it this week to ship it to me. And if that fell through, I would text him back, and just buy one of the ones he had. Well, he text me, yesterday, saying he had one left, and asked if I wanted it? I said, just send it to me. I was tired of waiting on the Uk, to respond with their lies. So, I bought it from him. I waited up, this morning, until the shop opened in the UK.

I clicked on chat, and someone replied. I started typing and the chat went to leave your email, and we will get back to you. I posted the auto response screen below.

I'm not ready to release the name of the shop, until I get my money back. But, as soon as I get my money refunded, after waiting nearly 10 weeks for this part, and being lied to time after time, over the past week. I'm ready to give up. Some people will be surprised by this UK shop, and I will tell you, it's not R44, right off the bat.

Who knows if this post will even stay up. But, I just wanted people to know the kind of shops that are out there. I ordered a part stupid cheap, 2 US shops tried to help me by attempting to get close to matching the price, and promised they couldn't even get close. The price has risen about $150 on the same site its for sale on, now. So, they are still advertising they have this lip, for this price, but they have lied to me for the last time.

The "picking slip" is my friend from the bmw dealer, in the UK, sending me proof they ordered one for a new car, this week, and it's already delivered.
I trust you will contest the charge, guessing a after little delay and your credit card company will take the money back from whoever took it and didn't deliver your part.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      01-05-2023, 10:24 AM   #4
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

I think we've all had these sort of issues unfortunately one time or another. It's really sad and infuriating as it's just such a waste of time, money and effort.
Glad you were finally able to get what you needed though and your car is really nice.
I’ve spent an exorbitant amount of money over the past 14 months, almost $30k with probably half a dozen shops or more. And this is the only shop that stiffed me. I’ve modded dozens of cars and I cant specifically think of another time where I got taken for a ride. I do hear it a lot, though, but I usually chalk it up to people not dealing with solid companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I trust you will contest the charge, guessing a after little delay and your credit card company will take the money back from whoever took it and didn't deliver your part.

Thank you. I couldn’t even remember what card I used I had to go back and try to find the charge. I actually used PayPal Credit, and it was hard to find, because it’s already been paid. But PayPal should be easy to deal with. I just hope I don’t get paid chargeback fees. I received an email from the shop, about 10 minutes after I sent it notifying me of the return transaction, and 5 hours later, have not received a refund. :bs:

Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1317.00