BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-19-2024, 11:14 AM   #23
_GRAYGHOST_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nissan 370Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
It was a 2k deposit for the individual order (common practice I hear). The only thing I signed was an initial credit application through BMWFS (which will be 90 days pre delivery). I did not sign anything that stated what APR I would get or any other financial agreement.
I was told $5k from the dealer I’m working with but another one i reached out to, that had a much longer waitlist, didn’t even want/need a deposit.

Some dealers also offer fully refundable deposits while others may keep it based on their opinion on how easy it would be to sell if not to you.
      04-19-2024, 01:44 PM   #24
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
Not sure how this is even a tactic. If you bring your own financing, it’s basically like buying the car cash. They get a check or direct deposit from your bank of choice. If your paying MSRP and already did a deposit, it isn’t their business or concern how you pay for the rest of the car.
It’s called a bluff on a vehicle you’ve been probably waiting to take delivery for over 3 months. You can walk and maybe they’ll give you the buy rate, or they’ll tell you later and sell it to someone else.
Appreciate 0