BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-09-2022, 07:08 AM   #1
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Lost SiriusXM Presets, Unable to re-save

This morning on the way to work I observed I had lost all of my SiriusXM stations that I had saved as presets. Sirius, however, was working and I was able to find the stations by scrolling through the list. The only presets that were still saved in my vehicle were those from FM radio, but everything from SiriusXM satellite radio were deleted.

Furthermore, I was unable to re-save any of the SiriusXM stations to my presets.

Curious as to whether any other members are experiencing the issue so I can better determine if it's an issue with my vehicle or a SiriusXM issue. Luckily I am due for break-in service in 160 miles if the former.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 08:27 AM   #2
Osheatwo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2023 BMW 330E  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post
This morning on the way to work I observed I had lost all of my SiriusXM stations that I had saved as presets. Sirius, however, was working and I was able to find the stations by scrolling through the list. The only presets that were still saved in my vehicle were those from FM radio, but everything from SiriusXM satellite radio were deleted.

Furthermore, I was unable to re-save any of the SiriusXM stations to my presets.

Curious as to whether any other members are experiencing the issue so I can better determine if it's an issue with my vehicle or a SiriusXM issue. Luckily I am due for break-in service in 160 miles if the former.
Happen to me in other vehicles (X5, 540). Was never able to determine root cause. Only difference for me, I was able to save them again from Sirius back to preset.

In order to save again, would try a hard reset of radio. Hold down volume button for 30 sec to force reboot
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 07:21 AM   #3
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osheatwo View Post
Happen to me in other vehicles (X5, 540). Was never able to determine root cause. Only difference for me, I was able to save them again from Sirius back to preset.

In order to save again, would try a hard reset of radio. Hold down volume button for 30 sec to force reboot
Many thanks, this did the trick. The presets came back without me needing to resave them, which was even better.

The system overall has gotten more sluggish in the past week and more glitchy. Most recently the display went blank for a few seconds, and another time I could not navigate to the preset menu (presets were not even listed as an option). The preset menu finally appeared a few minutes later.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:04 PM   #4
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

I thought I lost mine once but what happened was I used the 2nd key and the car didn’t load my profile
      03-12-2024, 03:05 PM   #5
Manny M
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i xdrive

Garage List
Same problem

Having the same problem with my 2022 m240i xdrive. Lost presets, can't reset them. Tried re-booting radio. No luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 10:35 AM   #6
JackBurton
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp

+1

Another case. Been battling with this in my 22’ M3 for about 6 months. It started off intermittent at first, the presets would come and go randomly. In my case, the hard reset of iDrive didn’t remedy the issue. At present, I have no presets and cannot save any. XM radio works but I have to scroll through the full channel list to select individual channels.

Potentially a related issue, I no longer see the full/extended channel lineup… only goes up to the 300s now… essentially lost the “XM 360” functionality - which I believe comes in via cellular data vice satellite feed.

I assume this may be a hardware issue with the XM tuner. Will have the dealer check it at my next regular service appointment in a couple months.
Appreciate 0