BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-27-2023, 04:26 PM   #111
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG80M3X View Post
Wanted to chime in with my two cents as well:

I’ve had the CS trans flash for about 1k miles now and love everything about it except three things:

- D1 downshift from 2-1 at low speeds
- Sensation of stalling/sputtering at low speed
- S3 downshifts from 3-2 and 2-1

The first issue seems to happen roughly 50-60% of the time, sometimes it isn’t noticeable when decelerating but when it happens it feels like the transmission makes the car buck really hard which is unsettling. This can happen anywhere from cruising in parking lots or coming to a slow stop in traffic in D1. Second, occasionally it feels like car is about to sputter/stall when driving at low speeds through a parking lot (0-5 mph) - this is very rare but does happen once in a while (also in D1). When it occurs the idle drops super low and the car starts shaking/sputtering for a split sec until the RPMs jump up to compensate. Same goes for the 3-2 and 2-1 downshift in S3. Sometimes the downshift is super rough and you feel the transmission buck the car hard when decelerating. Obviously none of these issues ever occurred with the factory programming. Not sure if these three issues are related to the transmission relearning itself/programming as I drove the car super hard right out of the gate after getting it coded. Other than these issues the trans flash is awesome but I may go back to stock when I OTA update my car since I don’t feel like it’s good for the trans long term.
Talking with a famous italian tuner, he told me that trans will not have any problems in the long term.
Said that, I agree with your experience, but for me you use S3 only if you’re pushing hard (tipically in a mountain road or on track), otherwise you use it in S2 that is very similar to S3 with stock trans software
Anyway, I would like to know if there are updates for this software that could solve these issues…
Appreciate 1
RDG80M3X622.50
      11-28-2023, 11:46 PM   #112
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Talking with a famous italian tuner, he told me that trans will not have any problems in the long term.
Said that, I agree with your experience, but for me you use S3 only if you’re pushing hard (tipically in a mountain road or on track), otherwise you use it in S2 that is very similar to S3 with stock trans software
Anyway, I would like to know if there are updates for this software that could solve these issues…
Good to know that the flash won’t hurt the tranny long term. I haven’t bothered with S2 yet but I’ll give it a shot. I do find that driving with less than 30% throttle in S3 results in a much smoother shift.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 10:16 AM   #113
cme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 xD Comp

I had the flash done last week and the process was really easy. Just make sure you download the correct TeamViewer as I had the wrong version.

Very easy to do. If you prep it takes around 20 mins and was a simple process.

The early results are great. I can definitely feel the difference in the transmission and DSC in MDM mode. The suspension in full sport is stiffer and more balanced in my opinion. The car feels more raw and alive with this flash.

Chet
Appreciate 0