BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

11-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #23
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Well to be fair, the 6.2 supercharged engine in your hellcat, same case in the corvette world of 6.2SC engines like the LT4/LT5 need little mods to grab insane power. Even on the stock tune.

I would've modified my car more if it was an auto. Not that the manual can't handle it. There are manual C7Z's out there on the stock clutch making 800rwhp. I just didn't want to deal with any more power than i already have, through a manual. Especially with how long my gearing is. You can't really have fun with it unless you strictly roll race. I only need a 3-4 shift whenever i do lol. It's insane but yet dumb how GM put these long gears in these cars.

I'm new to the BMW world so i know absolutely nothing. So that's why i'm afraid to do anything to the car lol. I basically wanna keep it stock but any car i get, i always do something to it. So i know i'll eventually install a part on the M3 when i get it. I just want to enjoy it stock for a bit before i do. But it's definitely clear the JB4/racechip are the best bang for buck for getting insane power. I'm only worried about warranty.
A conservative jb4 map probably won't do much harm to this drive train. Seems like it's pretty over engineered. Given Bmws history I'd be more worried about the chassis falling apart.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #24
kDot17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Interesting just JB4. Not the race chip?

I can't wait till we can go FBO e85 on this thing. I still have 10 vp jugs from the hellcat days.
The car has so much power, as it is, and Im still in break in. Ive been trying to keep it under 5k, but sometimes, the transmission doesnt want to shift. Kind of pisses me off.
This is why you get a manual and shift it when you want
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13017.00
      11-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #25
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kDot17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Interesting just JB4. Not the race chip?

I can't wait till we can go FBO e85 on this thing. I still have 10 vp jugs from the hellcat days.
The car has so much power, as it is, and Im still in break in. Ive been trying to keep it under 5k, but sometimes, the transmission doesnt want to shift. Kind of pisses me off.
This is why you get a manual and shift it when you want
I wanted the XDrive.

Appreciate 1
Vic5518965.50