Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Tom how many of the PSI midpipes have you installed? An issues with contact with the cross brace? If none, then are you aware if they have changed their welding jig, compared to early production, to prevent this?
Fitment was absolutely perfect - plenty of clearance.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 11:30 PM   #24
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Tom how many of the PSI midpipes have you installed? An issues with contact with the cross brace? If none, then are you aware if they have changed their welding jig, compared to early production, to prevent this?
I checked mine during the install and there was plenty of clearance
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8056.00
      10-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #25
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Salespunk and tom @ eas I was at BMW this am for my 1200 run in and my SA was asking if I was modding. I told him I am lowering it and putting on spacers and he pulls up eas's IG and shows me your car! Told me he loved it and it was the perfect drop! Lol. Small world.
Appreciate 2
Salespunk1741.00
tom @ eas8056.00
      10-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #26
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Salespunk and tom @ eas I was at BMW this am for my 1200 run in and my SA was asking if I was modding. I told him I am lowering it and putting on spacers and he pulls up eas's IG and shows me your car! Told me he loved it and it was the perfect drop! Lol. Small world.
That is awesome!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #27
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Sounds like your SA has good taste!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 10:38 PM   #28
byebyem2comp
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
Had a KW setup installed today. EAS spent a lot of time getting exactly the setup that I wanted from the car and I am very happy with the results. Had them even the gap front to rear instead of running the rear tucked and having a front gap.

Brooklyn Grey G80 M3 Competition - KW Suspension HAS Sleeve-Over Kit, PSI High-Flow Midpipes, IND Painted Front/Rear Reflectors by european auto source, on Flickr

Brooklyn Grey G80 M3 Competition - KW Suspension HAS Sleeve-Over Kit, PSI High-Flow Midpipes, IND Painted Front/Rear Reflectors by european auto source, on Flickr

Had a few other goodies installed as well, most notably 18/12 spacers. Started with 15/12, but the fronts still weren't flush and I wasn't happy with the look. It rubs pretty hard (I ended up with Pirelli's from the tire lottery) in reverse on the right side duct fins, but I will trim them up at some point and either way, it isn't anything critical.

With this setup both wheels are equally flush now. As far as the ride goes, it is excellent. I tried both Comfort and Sport and was happy either way. Didn't really notice any difference from stock even on sharp impacts or big compressions over the 75 mile drive home. Overall really impressed with both BMW's damper tuning and KW's spring rates/ride height.
Hi, so this is exactly what I’d like to ask about in reference to you wanting even spacing all around as compared to smaller or no gap rear and slight gap in front.

Your car is now lower in the front compared to the rear. The weight balance will be front biased and the total body line will show that it is raked towards the front. This is what you wanted because of the wheel gap?

I’m trying to sort this out. This gen and the last f80 was designed to leave a slightly larger gap in front and near tuck in the rear leaving the car level with a good weight distribution. Why do you want the car lower in the front compared to the rear?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      03-27-2022, 11:21 PM   #29
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyem2comp View Post
Hi, so this is exactly what I’d like to ask about in reference to you wanting even spacing all around as compared to smaller or no gap rear and slight gap in front.

Your car is now lower in the front compared to the rear. The weight balance will be front biased and the total body line will show that it is raked towards the front. This is what you wanted because of the wheel gap?

I’m trying to sort this out. This gen and the last f80 was designed to leave a slightly larger gap in front and near tuck in the rear leaving the car level with a good weight distribution. Why do you want the car lower in the front compared to the rear?

Thanks!
You won't notice the difference in driving dynamics with the balanced look. That front gap is mainly related to European pedestrian safety standards and not handling performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 12:01 AM   #30
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
You won't notice the difference in driving dynamics with the balanced look. That front gap is mainly related to European pedestrian safety standards and not handling performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyem2comp View Post

Thanks!
I've had both even gap and corner balanced and rake adjusted setups on my F80 M3 CS for track use. On the street, it's not really that noticeable. On the track... very noticeable from threshold braking corner entry, trail braking, weight transition and power through corner exit. Any G8X with even gap front to back has forward rake like byebyem2comp mentioned.

If they are just street driving, prioritizing aesthetics over something they will likely not take advantage of at street speeds is understandable.

Salespunk, that's an interesting idea on the EU safety standards, I've never heard that before! I'll have to look into that.

However, my understanding is that because the front wheels have to turn and protrude outside of the wheel well, the well has to be bigger to allow for suspension compression and the subsequent clearance issues with a turned wheel. The rears, on the other hand, don't turn, so they don't need as much clearance. Why BMW and many other car manufacturers didn't simply match the well size to keep gap even, I don't know.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Salespunk1741.00
      03-29-2022, 12:08 AM   #31
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Had a KW setup installed today. EAS spent a lot of time getting exactly the setup that I wanted from the car and I am very happy with the results. Had them even the gap front to rear instead of running the rear tucked and having a front gap.

With this setup both wheels are equally flush now. As far as the ride goes, it is excellent. I tried both Comfort and Sport and was happy either way. Didn't really notice any difference from stock even on sharp impacts or big compressions over the 75 mile drive home. Overall really impressed with both BMW's damper tuning and KW's spring rates/ride height.
Looks awesome! EAS always does a great job! I have the KW-HAS and the PSI Midpipe as well, albeit on a G82. My ride height has settled nicely in the past week.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
Salespunk1741.00
tom @ eas8056.00
      03-29-2022, 07:31 AM   #32
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

I had my G80 set up just like this one when I had my Kw has installed. Seeing this setup is what sold me on mine.
Attached Images

262Hou49.00