BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

11-20-2022, 01:08 PM   #1
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

If so, what products and methods do you use?

Something has changed pretty dramatically in the car care world over the last 10 years. I remember getting a "clear bra" on my car back in 2011-2012 and having that be a pretty unusual thing to do on a non-exotic vehicle. That was the early stages of PPF where most of the kits were pre-cut and you could still see that line where the PPF ended and the paint began.

Flash forward to now, and it seems that getting a full body, or at least a full front end custom PPF wrap is common, even on what I'd consider regular vehicles like Tesla Model 3s, and a ton of people are in to ceramic coating, PPF stealth wrap, graphene coating, etc. People drop $10K on detailing on NEW cars, much less doing that on a restoration of a classic that might need some significant work. As a guy who has been into cars for over 25 years, the money people are spending is pretty surprising to me.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely respect technology and understand we've advanced. But as I talk to the local pro-detailing spots around me, they'll have you believe that if you're not dropping at least $4K on protecting your car, you're doing it wrong.

I've decided to keep it old school with my '22 G82 and go back to my roots. I washed my car with my trusty Meguiar's Gold Class wash and clay barred my car, then broke out the orbital buffer and some fresh pads and did things myself. I did a 1 stage polish, then finished everything up with Griot's Garage 3-in-1 ceramic spray wax. I've always been a paste wax guy, but this stuff is definitely a step up in tech and seems to work out well (as long as you don't overspray it).

Does my car look like a professional did it? No. I fully admit the pros do it better than I do. But for essentially a few hours of detailing in my driveway and garage over a weekend, and less than $100 in products (not counting the oribital buffer itself), I feel pretty good about the results—especially because I daily my car. I figure if I keep this car past 3 years I can always consider getting it professionally done or even having the hood and front bumper repainted if that is truly necessary... but spending the big money on all sorts of protecting for a new, nearly perfect vehicle is just more than this old school guy can really understand.

Edit and bump:
16 months since I made this post and over a week since I last washed the car (driving it 4 of the last 7 days and the pollen is just starting to pick up for the Spring). I snapped this pic with my phone in my garage. If you zoom in you can see imperfections, but I still don't regret not getting PPF. Not chasing perfection is a bit liberating to be honest...
Attached Images

Last edited by vbb; 03-23-2024 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: updated pic
Appreciate 12
BuckysBMW171.50
M4Tejas788.00
PHXATC82.00
RACE M3545.50
Habber3515.00
amrh296.50
Volcanic168.00
FISH225402.50
DoubleDave1175.00
      11-20-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post

Something has changed pretty dramatically in the car care world over the last 10 years. I remember getting a "clear bra" on my car back in 2011-2012 and having that be a pretty unusual thing to do on a non-exotic vehicle. That was the early stages of PPF where most of the kits were pre-cut and you could still see that line where the PPF ended and the paint began.

Flash forward to now, and it seems that getting a full body, or at least a full front end custom PPF wrap is common, even on what I'd consider regular vehicles like Tesla Model 3s, and a ton of people are in to ceramic coating, PPF stealth wrap, graphene coating, etc. People drop $10K on detailing on NEW cars, much less doing that on a restoration of a classic that might need some significant work. As a guy who has been into cars for over 25 years, the money people are spending is pretty surprising to me.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely respect technology and understand we've advanced. But as I talk to the local pro-detailing spots around me, they'll have you believe that if you're not dropping at least $4K on protecting your car, you're doing it wrong.

I've decided to keep it old school with my '22 G82 and go back to my roots. I washed my car with my trusty Meguiar's Gold Class wash and clay barred my car, then broke out the orbital buffer and some fresh pads and did things myself. I did a 1 stage polish, then finished everything up with Griot's Garage 3-in-1 ceramic spray wax. I've always been a paste wax guy, but this stuff is definitely a step up in tech and seems to work out well (as long as you don't overspray it).

Does my car look like a professional did it? No. I fully admit the pros do it better than I do. But for essentially a few hours of detailing in my driveway and garage over a weekend, and less than $100 in products (not counting the oribital buffer itself), I feel pretty good about the results--especially because I daily my car. I figure if I keep this car past 3 years I can always consider getting it professionally done or even having the hood and front bumper repainted if that is truly necessary... but spending the big money on all sorts of protecting for a new, nearly perfect vehicle is just more than this old school guy can really understand.

Ceramic has turned "faddish".....big money maker for the industry. Any change in a free enterprise system results in revenue by the resulting aspect of the change $$$ ......yea at 64, some of the Ceramic arena is hard to digest. Back in 80, the rave was Permashine It was an acrylic type coating. Gold Class imho is the best wash on the planet.

Is my car ceramic coated and frontal only PPF? Yes. Why? Because I had the money did not want to drive to the Gas Monkey detailer in Dallas every few months. Just the drive now days from FW to Dallas is a beat down. I use laser, no touch. KC's on Renfro. I also use Gold Class when temps are good. Like 2am in Summer. KC's, all around full service facility. Paint, laserwash, wand wash, no beater brushes allowed. High end painting. Dude built one bad ass truck. I choose to support his business. It is one nice 2am ride from SW Fort Worth when outside temps are in the 40's. MSR/Motorsport Ranch, Cresson, TX

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666

Last edited by M4Tejas; 11-20-2022 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
PHXATC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 '20 430i '20 Explorer

Quote:

Does my car look like a professional did it? No. I fully admit the pros do it better than I do. But for essentially a few hours of detailing in my driveway and garage over a weekend, and less than $100 in products (not counting the oribital buffer itself), I feel pretty good about the results--especially because I daily my car. I figure if I keep this car past 3 years I can always consider getting it professionally done or even having the hood and front bumper repainted if that is truly necessary... but spending the big money on all sorts of protecting for a new, nearly perfect vehicle is just more than this old school guy can really understand.
You do you. That's great that you simply spend the time and energy on your vehicle in keeping it clean and protected.

To me, there's no right or wrong way to get it accomplished. There are just layers and levels of money to spend and protection offered.

To me, the idea is just to enjoy what you're doing, whether it is with a sponge and some dishwashing soap, or the latest and greatest in PPF and ceramic coating technology.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      11-21-2022, 09:54 PM   #4
Devils41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:

I chose to do PPF, Ceramic and tint at a shop from the get go this time. It was more to spend up front but the PPF is warrantied for 10 years (through the film manufacturer) which is the plan to hang onto this car for the long term. This will be the first car I have PPF done on and after my last M235i with 42K miles looked beat up from all the rock chips (Arizona! ) I decided on PPF.
I did exactly what you did on my M235i when I first got it, spent a whole weekend doing a stage 1 correction, polish, glaze and ceramic but paid for in back pain so decided the $800 was worth it this time around.
Its not a must IMO but after seeing a few friends E92's and F80's that still look pristine after a few years of DD use with PPF, I was sold on it. Good on you for taking the DIY route I found it more satisfying too. if my back allowed it I would still haha.
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      11-21-2022, 10:36 PM   #5
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 04 Rx8, 22 M3P, 23 m3

Wash it once every other week, wax it when the dirt is still on the car after it rains. I drive too much to keep it show room clean. It'll be covered in rock chips within a year then we'll go to washing every 3 weeks lol

I did buy some ceramic coating for the wheels. It'll be interesting to see if my electric pressure washer for car washers knocks the dirt off. Youtube says its gods gift to busy wheels lol
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      11-21-2022, 10:49 PM   #6
John4C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACE M3 View Post
Wash it once every other week, wax it when the dirt is still on the car after it rains. I drive too much to keep it show room clean. It'll be covered in rock chips within a year then we'll go to washing every 3 weeks lol

I did buy some ceramic coating for the wheels. It'll be interesting to see if my electric pressure washer for car washers knocks the dirt off. Youtube says its gods gift to busy wheels lol
Which did you buy? Some are better than others. You won’t even need the pressure washer if you get a good one though. Hose and the occasional wheel brush will keep them clean. Ceramic is really helpful on wheels

Back to thread, yes PPF came out of no where and is a racket. I still do it though. It’s also a bit of snake oil though because what good is perfect paint if removing the PPF damages it? It happens. It’s not the norm but it definitely happens. Idk I could rant on this but I think people should just do what they’re comfortable with. Nothing stays perfect forever though so realizing that early will keep you sane, lol
M4Tejas788.00
      11-22-2022, 12:04 AM   #7
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4C View Post
Which did you buy? Some are better than others. You won’t even need the pressure washer if you get a good one though. Hose and the occasional wheel brush will keep them clean. Ceramic is really helpful on wheels

Back to thread, yes PPF came out of no where and is a racket. I still do it though. It’s also a bit of snake oil though because what good is perfect paint if removing the PPF damages it? It happens. It’s not the norm but it definitely happens. Idk I could rant on this but I think people should just do what they’re comfortable with. Nothing stays perfect forever though so realizing that early will keep you sane, lol

My ocd friend suggest this one https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armor.html

I'll spill a slurpee in his car if i end up waiting 10 hours on this lol JP, he doesn't give advice without experience. The question is will i do a good job applying it lol

I think ppf has it's place, but i do one of two things. Marry a car or i trade it into a dealer within 6-12 months. I considered doing my tesla because the paint is terrible, but my wife dailys it now and chips are the least of my worries now haha All 4 wheels are time attack style if you know what i mean lol

I use to care a lot about keeping cars nice, but turns out that was more stressful than the damage haha I do take amazing care of my bicycles though =)
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
RDM3100.50
      11-22-2022, 06:52 AM   #8
vbb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My ocd friend suggest this one https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armor.html

I'll spill a slurpee in his car if i end up waiting 10 hours on this lol JP, he doesn't give advice without experience. The question is will i do a good job applying it lol

I think ppf has it's place, but i do one of two things. Marry a car or i trade it into a dealer within 6-12 months. I considered doing my tesla because the paint is terrible, but my wife dailys it now and chips are the least of my worries now haha All 4 wheels are time attack style if you know what i mean lol

I use to care a lot about keeping cars nice, but turns out that was more stressful than the damage haha I do take amazing care of my bicycles though =)
I use Chemical Guys wheel guard, which is an orange goop that you spread on then wipe off like a wax. I took the wheels off the car and did this, but I am not completely sold on it working. Maybe it's a little better than nothing, but the amount of brake dust is still epic, and it is a weekly event to clean the wheels.

I also have Meguiars non-acid wheel detailer in a spray bottle, so my method is to spray that stuff on, then rinse it off with a regular hose (not a pressure washer) then individually wipe each wheel down with a microfiber. I've got the process down to under 30 minutes, and I figure doing this once a week is just what it is going to take until I get some low-dust brake pads.
Appreciate 2
RACE M3545.50
M4Tejas788.00
      11-22-2022, 07:59 AM   #9
John4C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT

Quote:
Quote:

I use Chemical Guys wheel guard, which is an orange goop that you spread on then wipe off like a wax. I took the wheels off the car and did this, but I am not completely sold on it working. Maybe it's a little better than nothing, but the amount of brake dust is still epic, and it is a weekly event to clean the wheels.

I also have Meguiars non-acid wheel detailer in a spray bottle, so my method is to spray that stuff on, then rinse it off with a regular hose (not a pressure washer) then individually wipe each wheel down with a microfiber. I've got the process down to under 30 minutes, and I figure doing this once a week is just what it is going to take until I get some low-dust brake pads.
There's a guy with a YouTube channel who methodically tests all the ceramic coats. He tests the consumer ones, he tests the pro ones - he does a great job with it IMHO.

https://youtube.com/@ScottHD

That's his channel (no affiliation).

I'll save anyone on the hassle (but do check out his channel, he takes a very scientific approach, tests them over a long time, etc.). This is the top performer for consumer products. It was still holding strong when he stopped the test after two years. It actually outperformed some of the professional ones.

Not sure if Amazon links are allowed, mods can delete if not. I obviously have no connection to some Chinese ceramic coating.

https://a.co/d/7EUkxyN

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by John4C; 11-22-2022 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      11-22-2022, 08:16 AM   #10
vbb
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the link/suggestion. I think I will order some and try out on my carbon fiber roof since I haven't paint corrected it yet. It will be a good test surface.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #11
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

I've never done ceramic coating on any of my previous cars. I may have it done on the g80 - not sure, yet. It'll be a daily driver, so it will likely help keep it clean. I guess I always looked at the cost of ceramic coating (been quoted anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500!) compared to having it waxed. I guess I'm a bit old school in that I'm still debating it. I tend to keep my cars for about 2 years. I'm hoping to keep this one until I can get a 2027.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 10:36 AM   #12
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Anything is better than nothing. I usually wax the wheels with the car. I use spray wax every wash on everything except the windows with washes. I water it down so it adds up without being a task of buffing.

Wheel cleaners are a blessing. I’ve been using a new one from Walmart that’s a huge bottle and well priced. Suds labs. It works just as well as anything else for much less. I’ve always done that weekly or more with any car. Spray on, hose off and hit it with my blower.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 10:40 AM   #13
RACE M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4C View Post
There's a guy with a YouTube channel who methodically test saw the ceramic coats. He test the consumer ones, he tests the pro ones - he does a great job.

https://youtube.com/@ScottHD

That's his channel (no affiliation).

I'll save anyone on the hassle (but do check out his channel, he takes a very scientific approach and tests them over a long time). This is the top performer for consumer products. It was still holding strong when he stopped the test after two years. It actually outperformed some of the professional ones.

Not sure if Amazon links are allowed, mods can delete if not. I obviously have no connection to some Chinese ceramic coating.

https://a.co/d/7EUkxyN

View post on imgur.com

I’ll check it out and order it for our own little test. My s2000 has aggressive pads that dust. I drive it pretty often so it’ll be a good comparison.

Off topic… I’ve been using a gel, forget the name I’ll update later, for tire shine. It lasts about 2 weeks driving or parked. Have you guys used anything better?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #14
Alvinmark12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

PPF is the best thing out there. I really never worry about rock chips or scratches. I can use any good ceramic topper and the car looks amazing. My problem with real ceramics by professionals. Unless you are an expert at taking off the coating because it will get scratched. You are at the mercy of the detailer. The old days get a scratch or swirl pull out the machine hit for a minute and perfect. I am no expert detailer hated the ceramic because I could never DIY something. Maybe some guys are experts here. For me PPF is the best.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 07:20 PM   #15
vbb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Off topic… I’ve been using a gel, forget the name I’ll update later, for tire shine. It lasts about 2 weeks driving or parked. Have you guys used anything better?
The gloss levels on a gel (I like Meguire's tire gel, it's purple and smells kind of like grape) is hard to beat, and it lasts a long time. It's also silicone based, which is slick and if it slings off the tires onto your car, it can leave spots that you need to wash off. I use it sometimes, but it definitely needs to dry and you can't put it on heavy.

I actually use Chemical Guys VRP (vinyl, rubber, plastic) most of the time. It's water based and isn't as greasy. Plus it wipes off easier if you get some on your paint or your wheels, and you could technically use it on your dashboard and other non-leather surfaces.
Appreciate 1
RACE M3545.50
      11-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #16
vbb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinmark12 View Post
PPF is the best thing out there. I really never worry about rock chips or scratches. I can use any good ceramic topper and the car looks amazing. My problem with real ceramics by professionals. Unless you are an expert at taking off the coating because it will get scratched. You are at the mercy of the detailer. The old days get a scratch or swirl pull out the machine hit for a minute and perfect. I am no expert detailer hated the ceramic because I could never DIY something. Maybe some guys are experts here. For me PPF is the best.
The PPF and the ceramic coatings are for two different purposes. People are paying $10K for a full paint correction, full car PPF and then ceramic coating on top of the PPF. That gives you nearly perfect paint with maximum protection against rock chips and scratches and then all the shine and hydrophobic properties of the ceramic. But again, getting all of that is very expensive. I could see doing it on a collector grade car that I'm going to drive on the weekends and keep for a long time, but it seems like a large investment for a daily driver that might get sold inside of 4 years.

I'm not doubting the benefits of PPF though. I still may get my hood and front bumper done. Maybe.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2022, 10:43 AM   #17
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
The gloss levels on a gel (I like Meguire's tire gel, it's purple and smells kind of like grape) is hard to beat, and it lasts a long time. It's also silicone based, which is slick and if it slings off the tires onto your car, it can leave spots that you need to wash off. I use it sometimes, but it definitely needs to dry and you can't put it on heavy.

I actually use Chemical Guys VRP (vinyl, rubber, plastic) most of the time. It's water based and isn't as greasy. Plus it wipes off easier if you get some on your paint or your wheels, and you could technically use it on your dashboard and other non-leather surfaces.
I've been using VRP for years now and love it. Like you said, it goes on well and is easy to wipe off if you happen to get it on anything else. It also rarely slings off, even if driving right after application (unless you really slather it on). The tires also retain that gloss look for a fair amount of time as well.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
RACE M3545.50
      11-24-2022, 05:30 AM   #18
Alvinmark12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 G82

Quote:
The PPF and the ceramic coatings are for two different purposes. People are paying $10K for a full paint correction, full car PPF and then ceramic coating on top of the PPF. That gives you nearly perfect paint with maximum protection against rock chips and scratches and then all the shine and hydrophobic properties of the ceramic. But again, getting all of that is very expensive. I could see doing it on a collector grade car that I'm going to drive on the weekends and keep for a long time, but it seems like a large investment for a daily driver that might get sold inside of 4 years.

I'm not doubting the benefits of PPF though. I still may get my hood and front bumper done. Maybe.

Depends on the color. I had flat black on my Porsche and all the swirls and light scratches drove me nuts. Yea the car had paint correction and C Quartz finest. I hated it. Did PPF on my M4 and I love the maintainence free no worries. Just my opinion
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      12-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #19
MichaelB1969
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Base SSG/Fiona

Just posted my list of current favorite products here if helpful!

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1976805
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 02:11 PM   #20
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

High respects to you my friend. You are right there is a lot that has changed in the detailing industry since the earlier days. Marketing really won the battle, but your method is still perfect.

My personal gripe with the way the current industry sits is the lack of education. PPF/ceramic is just this “no brainer” first thing you do, yet many of these people have no idea what to do after.
Appreciate 1
vbb1864.00
      12-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #21
vbb
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
High respects to you my friend. You are right there is a lot that has changed in the detailing industry since the earlier days. Marketing really won the battle, but your method is still perfect.

My personal gripe with the way the current industry sits is the lack of education. PPF/ceramic is just this “no brainer” first thing you do, yet many of these people have no idea what to do after.
Thanks for saying that. I know the professional detailers are charging a lot of money to do extensive PPF and ceramic, and I know the people who pay for those jobs are inclined to justify the expense by telling people who don't do it that they are ruining their vehicles... but I've been around long enough to understand that there are other ways to keep and maintain good looking paint. If you start with a swirl-free base (either because you paint corrected it yourself or paid someone to do it), maintenance is mostly in proper washing and drying methods, not parking under trees, being quick to remove bird poop or other things that may get on your car (the proper way), not tailgating people where rock chips are likely to happen, and being careful. You can't maintain 100% perfection on a car that you're actually going to drive, but you also can make sure your car stays looking top notch without paying $5K-$10K or more to wrap it in a protective plastic bubble.
Appreciate 3
Nettles761.00
Joachim328.00
FISH225402.50
      12-27-2022, 07:39 AM   #22
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I’m about as anti-PPF as they get, mainly because I absolutely hate committing to something that will need to be handled by someone else for install, and then any required replacement down the road. Plus, my small rock chips that you can only spot from 12 inches away are my little memorable battle scars that I’ve earned on some quite epic drives.

That’s my PPF blurb, on to detailing stuff.

I was stuck on Adam’s stuff for nearly a decade, and then started finding Griots Garage stuff on the shelf years ago. Made the switch. I’d say they’re both comparable in quality and results. I have started using Chemical Guys stuff recently, as one of their stores opened locally. I’m a big fan of a lot of their odds and ends type liquids; all purpose cleaner, invisible spray which is a great multi purpose low strength cleaner (interior non leather surfaces and engine bay).

Now let’s get on to my favorite company of all time… DR BEASLEYS. If they weren’t so expensive, they’d be my go-to for EVERYTHING. I only discovered them due to my frozen paint. They’re the leader in matte finishes. Their ceramic pro kit that was a very easy DIY, has the highest hardness formula and one of the best full ceramics that does not change the frozen finish. While all of their matte-specific liquids are absolutely phenomenal, I gave their leather cleaner and conditioner a shot. Over the last 15+ years, I’ve been looking for the perfect leather cleaner and conditioner that leaves a matte finish. I’ve come across a couple brands that maybe get to 8/10 of what I want, but Dr Beasleys is all the way a 10/10. I honestly cannot recommend their stuff enough. Top tier company, and their packaging makes it feel even more special - marketing pettiness I know

As for my washings habits. Majority of the time, I will NOT do a quick detailer between washes. I’ll only do this for bird droppings and other spot treatments. I’ve gotten the frozen wash style down to a science, and my wife hates it.

The key with frozen, and really any other finish, but especially frozen, is FOAM FOAM FOAM. I use Chemical Guys matte soap for this as I burn through it quite often. Like, I don’t think you can even fathom the amount of foam I use, it’s stupid, and I’m likely overusing, but it makes me feel really happy. Quick rundown;

-Rinse and wash wheels (Griots Garage gloss soap)
-Rinse down car
-Foam, dwell, rinse
-Foam, dwell (Checimal Guys matte soap), leave foam on car for lubrication
-Start wash (Dr Beasleys matte soap, frothed in bucket, Dr Beasleys wash mitt), top-down standard wash, foaming as I go to relube
-Rinse with standard water
-Final rinse with CR spotless filtration
-Blow dry

It’s rare that I’ll actually touch the paint to dry. This can possibly be problematic and lead to “glossing” if done frequently.

The CR spotless is a game changer. Only downside is price of replacement filters, about $120 and I burn through them every 4 months. My water supply is a very low-iron well, which goes through a softener and house filtration system, before the CR system, so I don’t see these lasting much longer in any other type of water setup.

There’s my detailing rant and plug for Dr Beasleys (buy their $h!t).
Appreciate 3
BuckysBMW171.50
vbb1864.00