Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Competion Coupe

Garage List
New BMW Owner - Few Questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
New BMW owner. Mainly Mercedes before. Few questions as I’m getting use to things.

- In normal driving mode is only the center of the instrument panel configurable?
- I like gesture control, but I do not like the skip song gesture from the menu. I could not see any way to turn this one off specifically is that possible while keeping everything else on?
- Rear view camera wide angle like Mercedes. See attached.
- HUD, does it have ambient light sensor for night time?
- Is there location based camera activation? Like it remembers where your house is and parking cameras come on automaticlly?
- Is there a way to get the mirrors to face downward in reverse?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 08:27 AM   #2
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Did you buy your car through a broker, or did your selling dealer just not want to spend any time with you? I'd suggest an encore delivery with the dealership Genius and bring your list of questions. Hard to do much of this with the little detail you've given us about your car or equipment.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 08:30 AM   #3
M8CompSoCal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Competion Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Did you buy your car through a broker, or did your selling dealer just not want to spend any time with you? I'd suggest an encore delivery with the dealership Genius and bring your list of questions. Hard to do much of this with the little detail you've given us about your car or equipment.
M8 Competition. All good. Will ask them. Just thought it my be easy questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Flip your L-R mirror switch and then the passenger mirror will auto-tilt when you put it in reverse.
Appreciate 4
DocL1930.00
      12-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #5
Chas8283
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Agree that a thorough walkthrough with your dealer would be helpful in addressing not only the questions you have but also those you haven't thought to ask. I'd also suggest downloading the myBMW app on your phone and browsing that - they have helpful how-to videos and also a searchable manual. Finally, take a look at BMW's YouTube channel for more how-to videos.

A few answers to your easy questions:
- Gesture control has a degree of configurability - check out the owners manual for how to change settings in your car.
- On wide angle, you should have a pano button above your camera button on the center console which should give you a similar view to what you had in the Merc.
- For mirror dipping, you use the mirror selector tab for adjusting the mirror - slide the tab to the left and the right mirror will dip, slide the tab to the right and the right mirror will remain fixed in reverse.
Appreciate 4
      12-29-2022, 08:55 AM   #6
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Agreed, a good salesman will spend time with you and give you a what I would describe as a BMW 101 course on the important features of the car.

In addition the Genius at my dealership introduced herself and even gave me a followup call a week later to check in on me and see if I was having any issues or needed some questions answered.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 01:07 PM   #7
King_Leonard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

R to the T to the F to the M.
Appreciate 0