BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2021, 07:43 PM   #837
GixY2K
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: '22 M4 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

What a CHARLIE FOXTROT!

Mine falls within those dates, yet it only has the RAM as "closed" & "ok".

Production date is 20Jul2021
__________________
2022 M4 xDrive in Mexico Blue with Silverstone/Black interior
Previous car: 2014 BE GTR FBO/e85
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #838
modat
Captain
815
Rep
804
Posts

Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennejp View Post
Ya genius has been completely useless. Dealers are the only ones with any info but even then there isn’t much at all. I’m trying to order another one cause mine has been at the dealership since the stop sale and now they are saying there is a production “stall” or hold. Any info on this? Seems like people are getting their cars still?
This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of a production hold/stall. Some other guy on this forum said that they aren't giving out any more allocations for 22 builds. I didn't believe him at first but the more I hear about it the more I think there is some truth to it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #839
danf72
First Lieutenant
288
Rep
371
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW X5, 2017 Tesla S75D
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of a production hold/stall. Some other guy on this forum said that they aren't giving out any more allocations for 22 builds. I didn't believe him at first but the more I hear about it the more I think there is some truth to it.
Why would that be? It can't be due to the bearing issue unless it affects way more cars than we know of.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 11:11 PM   #840
LukeM15
Captain
LukeM15's Avatar
United_States
397
Rep
885
Posts

Drives: M3 G80CX
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Why would that be? It can't be due to the bearing issue unless it affects way more cars than we know of.
They have shortage of other things now. I heard CF buckets/laser lights/cameras. So things are now getting push back, many with cars in production are getting push back also due to the above.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #841
GixY2K
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: '22 M4 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

This article is getting buried on an hourly basis in this forum. A recall of this magnitude should be a sticky for easy access, IMO.
__________________
2022 M4 xDrive in Mexico Blue with Silverstone/Black interior
Previous car: 2014 BE GTR FBO/e85
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #842
Celestion
Lieutenant
240
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '22 M3 Comp
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
This article is getting buried on an hourly basis in this forum. A recall of this magnitude should be a sticky for easy access, IMO.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #843
Celestion
Lieutenant
240
Rep
467
Posts

Drives: '22 M3 Comp
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

So Alex’s BMW Recall Info Tool shows the main bearing sleeve recall now… maybe? A new code popped up on Monday for my car, “0011240600”, and my sales rep says I’m still affected by the recall. Apparently the parts to repair it are “on order”.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #844
KnightedBMW
Major
United_States
1552
Rep
1,413
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
So Alex’s BMW Recall Info Tool shows the main bearing sleeve recall now… maybe? A new code popped up on Monday for my car, “0011240600”, and my sales rep says I’m still affected by the recall. Apparently the parts to repair it are “on order”.
I just checked the tool and mine shows"0011240600" as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #845
GixY2K
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: '22 M4 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

I saw on another thread that the inclusive dates have changed.

Does anyone know what the new dates are?
__________________
2022 M4 xDrive in Mexico Blue with Silverstone/Black interior
Previous car: 2014 BE GTR FBO/e85
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #846
LukeM15
Captain
LukeM15's Avatar
United_States
397
Rep
885
Posts

Drives: M3 G80CX
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
I saw on another thread that the inclusive dates have changed.

Does anyone know what the new dates are?
I haven’t seen anything about dates changes here
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:29 PM   #847
GixY2K
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: '22 M4 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM15 View Post
I haven’t seen anything about dates changes here
At the bottom of the middle of this thread:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1864966

SALESPUNK stated the following:
"This is old news and the dates have been updated. Plus the US has not announced anything yet other than the quiet stop sale. Current affected owners have not been notified yet as far as I know."

Just wondering what the new dates were.
__________________
2022 M4 xDrive in Mexico Blue with Silverstone/Black interior
Previous car: 2014 BE GTR FBO/e85
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 09:50 PM   #848
PNWJeff
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2022 BMW X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

For what its worth, I just asked my CA about any TSB updates post their 10/25 update and he indicated no new updates. In the meantime, in the five weeks since my X3MC arrived at the dealership with the stop sale in place - three other 2022 X3MC's have arrived at the dealership and each sold without any recall's on them. Absolutely shitty. I don't see this getting resolved into at least the end of Q1. Maybe someone else has heard something different?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:13 AM   #849
Murse85
Private
22
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: g80 on order
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWJeff View Post
For what its worth, I just asked my CA about any TSB updates post their 10/25 update and he indicated no new updates. In the meantime, in the five weeks since my X3MC arrived at the dealership with the stop sale in place - three other 2022 X3MC's have arrived at the dealership and each sold without any recall's on them. Absolutely shitty. I don't see this getting resolved into at least the end of Q1. Maybe someone else has heard something different?
I would just ask for the deposit back and order another one. Thats what I did. Luckily I got an allocation immediately after I opted out last month. Car just got shipped today. If you order another one you’ll probably get the I drive 8 if that makes you feel any better. I just couldn’t justify paying over msrp or even at msrp for a car that they will have to tear up.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #850
PNWJeff
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2022 BMW X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, the dealer did place a back-up order for me, but that order means nothing til they get an allocation - which if im lucky happens in early December. At that point the 3 month clock starts. You definitely got lucky & congrats on your allocation and quick build. It certainly seems like the dealerships in the Seattle area have slim pickins on allocations for X3M's.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #851
GixY2K
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: '22 M4 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

bump

Hope this thread gets moved to "Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls" thread, where traffic is much slower and this recall won't be buried in "waiting for my BMW" posts.
__________________
2022 M4 xDrive in Mexico Blue with Silverstone/Black interior
Previous car: 2014 BE GTR FBO/e85
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #852
Audicy
New Member
Audicy's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
I just checked the tool and mine shows"0011240600" as well.
Mine finally shows a 'no recall recall. But different number... 0061230600
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #853
kennejp
First Lieutenant
35
Rep
348
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: TN

iTrader: (2)

So mine now shows no recalls and has a “green check” as of Thursday but still a stop sale. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m at my absolute limit waiting 3 months(since the car was at the dealership) with no updates and BMW has no updates at all. Shouldn’t they be calling us letting us know what’s going on buying their 100k dollar car. Crazy I’m having to call weekly and wait on hold for hours etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #854
PNWJeff
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2022 BMW X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennejp View Post
So mine now shows no recalls and has a “green check” as of Thursday but still a stop sale. I don’t know about anyone else but I’m at my absolute limit waiting 3 months(since the car was at the dealership) with no updates and BMW has no updates at all. Shouldn’t they be calling us letting us know what’s going on buying their 100k dollar car. Crazy I’m having to call weekly and wait on hold for hours etc.
Hey Kennejp, I'm in the same boat as you, but it looks like you've been waiting longer than I have. Mine has been sitting on the lot for 50 days (since Oct 16). Like you, the CA I am working with has had no material updates. I don't necessarily blame the CA, but your right, BMW should be doing something. For several weeks I stopped calling BMW genius as they were providing no details only referring me to the dealership.

This past Thursday I called BMW Genius and raised the issue again and requested to speak with a Manager or have my issues escalated which the gal who I spoke with gladly did. She asked that I give them until this Tuesday to respond back to me. We'll see how that goes. At a minimum, BMW corporate should be communicating with buyers impacted by this. How do they expect to retain business treating buyers like this. Totally unacceptable. In any event, worth giving that approach a shot tomorrow, you never know it could be received. Good Luck.
Appreciate 1
Patton250876.00
      12-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #855
Alex_Bond
Private
Alex_Bond's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2022 M4C xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
As a friendly reminder to everybody - if you can ask your dealer for a screenshot/photo of the description of the code I will appreciate it. I don't have anyone at BMW to help me with descriptions, so all hope on you
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #856
Mjanisse
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lancaster, Ca

iTrader: (0)

The referenced code on my 2022 M3 Comp is:

0011240600

My car still officially shows as NO Recall on BMW USA site though.

I've had my car for over 2 months now so I'm patiently waiting. Sorry for the members who can't take delivery yet as my M3 is running great. There is some relief in being able to enjoy the car while we wait for a fix. Especially, since I sold my CS early due to the early arrival of my G80. My advisor simply told me to drive and enjoy the vehicle and if it breaks I'm covered. After the initial shock of being affected....I'm OK with that. I lease so my perspective is probably different than G80 purchasers...and understandably. I've completely given up on the Genius line. Aside from Build status they have been pretty useless...almost like reading from a script. Tough questions with no solid answers. I appreciate the forum members continued feedback and I'm staying tuned as they say.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 04:13 PM   #857
Tdubb88
Second Lieutenant
United_States
158
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: Future M4C
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
I just checked the tool and mine shows"0011240600" as well.
Mine finally shows a 'no recall recall. But different number... 0061230600
I have the same 0061230600 code. Curious if you've had your break in service yet? I haven't had mine yet (only at around 650 miles) but keep getting notices that I have an upcoming service (break in) required. Wonder if that could be the code?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #858
Wh4rfR4t
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD Brooklyn Grey
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjanisse View Post
The referenced code on my 2022 M3 Comp is:

0011240600

My car still officially shows as NO Recall on BMW USA site though.

I've had my car for over 2 months now so I'm patiently waiting. Sorry for the members who can't take delivery yet as my M3 is running great. There is some relief in being able to enjoy the car while we wait for a fix. Especially, since I sold my CS early due to the early arrival of my G80. My advisor simply told me to drive and enjoy the vehicle and if it breaks I'm covered. After the initial shock of being affected....I'm OK with that. I lease so my perspective is probably different than G80 purchasers...and understandably. I've completely given up on the Genius line. Aside from Build status they have been pretty useless...almost like reading from a script. Tough questions with no solid answers. I appreciate the forum members continued feedback and I'm staying tuned as they say.
Thanks for the feedback. I am in the same boat as you with a delivered car that may be affected by this recall. I have learned to just enjoy the car as is and if something happens it is under warranty.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST