BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #309
JosipZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Xdrive Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Did it come through? Just checking as I'm *still* in transit.
Yes it did been driving it all day, picked it up around 11. AMAZING car. Makes me realize how much of a turd my C43 AMG was.

Hope you get yours asap!
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50
      11-27-2021, 08:20 PM   #310
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosipZ View Post
Quote:
Did it come through? Just checking as I'm *still* in transit.
Yes it did been driving it all day, picked it up around 11. AMAZING car. Makes me realize how much of a turd my C43 AMG was.

Hope you get yours asap!
That's awesome! Congrats! Every declaration like this gives me a little bit more to look forward to.

I'm probably just going to push it to next weekend at this point since I'll be very busy in the week.

Did you tracker update correctly in the end? The tracker goes away once you've picked up but hopefully you checked just before pick up.
JosipZ42.00
      11-27-2021, 08:33 PM   #311
JosipZ
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome! Congrats! Every declaration like this gives me a little bit more to look forward to.

I'm probably just going to push it to next weekend at this point since I'll be very busy in the week.

Did you tracker update correctly in the end? The tracker goes away once you've picked up but hopefully you checked just before pick up.
Unfortunately my tracker never worked. Tried everything to get it running but could not add the car to my account no matter what I tried or whom I called.

Josip
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 01:13 PM   #312
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately my tracker never worked. Tried everything to get it running but could not add the car to my account no matter what I tried or whom I called.

Josip
Well, it turns out the truck carrying my car and two others bound for them broke down in South Oregon and the driver never bothered to inform the dealership. They are trying to figure out if they need to send another truck down to get the cars, or if the truck's going to get itself sorted soon.

They were also hoping to book these sales by the end of the month but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.

They said they can't imagine the car's more than 5 hours away if the truck was functional.
      11-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #313
JosipZ
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well, it turns out the truck carrying my car and two others bound for them broke down in South Oregon and the driver never bothered to inform the dealership. They are trying to figure out if they need to send another truck down to get the cars, or if the truck's going to get itself sorted soon.

They were also hoping to book these sales by the end of the month but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen now.

They said they can't imagine the car's more than 5 hours away if the truck was functional.
Oh man that's bad luck! Hope you get your car soon.

I only have one thing annoying me with my build. My sales person and I specced the car of the bmwusa.com generic website that we can all use. That one doesn't show any option for the surround view cameras(front, sides and back with birdview). I had no idea my car would be missing this and reading forums it's apparently a thing called parking assistance plus? Did they tell you about this? I'm kind of annoyed I don't have this to be honest, but I had no clue it existed as I was never told about it while speccing out my car. I'm stuck with the old school sensors for the front and a pretty shitty resolution camera for the back now.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #314
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Oh man that's bad luck! Hope you get your car soon.

I only have one thing annoying me with my build. My sales person and I specced the car of the bmwusa.com generic website that we can all use. That one doesn't show any option for the surround view cameras(front, sides and back with birdview). I had no idea my car would be missing this and reading forums it's apparently a thing called parking assistance plus? Did they tell you about this? I'm kind of annoyed I don't have this to be honest, but I had no clue it existed as I was never told about it while speccing out my car. I'm stuck with the old school sensors for the front and a pretty shitty resolution camera for the back now.
I used the BMW USA site informationally but I relied on the PDF ordering guide on this site (I believe it's a sticky thread), since I was ordering 2022 and it wasn't even on the builder when I was speccing it out.

I nearly missed out on laser lights this way as it was made a separate option for 2022 (it was part of the executive package for MY2021). My CA missed out on it altogether, but I corrected him and told him to add it.

Parking Assistance Plus is part of a package called the 'Parking Assistance Package' which also contains a completely useless drive recorder. It costs $800. It was one of those packages that BMW was running short of and removed it from the website, but allowed people who knew to include it in their order. I do have it, but to be a bit balanced about it, it's most useful on SUVs. It will help prevent curbing the front lip on our cars but given what it is, I'd expect you'll get good at managing without it. I don't believe the rear camera is any different with / without the package.

You can see my spec on the site since it's not delivered - it's the M4 with KO interiors.
      11-28-2021, 09:12 PM   #315
JosipZ
Private
Rep

Quote:
I used the BMW USA site informationally but I relied on the PDF ordering guide on this site (I believe it's a sticky thread), since I was ordering 2022 and it wasn't even on the builder when I was speccing it out.

I nearly missed out on laser lights this way as it was made a separate option for 2022 (it was part of the executive package for MY2021). My CA missed out on it altogether, but I corrected him and told him to add it.

Parking Assistance Plus is part of a package called the 'Parking Assistance Package' which also contains a completely useless drive recorder. It costs $800. It was one of those packages that BMW was running short of and removed it from the website, but allowed people who knew to include it in their order. I do have it, but to be a bit balanced about it, it's most useful on SUVs. It will help prevent curbing the front lip on our cars but given what it is, I'd expect you'll get good at managing without it. I don't believe the rear camera is any different with / without the package.

You can see my spec on the site since it's not delivered - it's the M4 with KO interiors.

This is my biggest problem with it, the fact that's it's so cheap and we weren't made aware of it by our CAs. It is incredibly useful in my opinion for not messing up the front of our vehicles. I did this once with my old M6 on a curb that was half an inch too high and this car gives me the same vibes with the long front that is hard to grasp where exactly it ends. I might write the manager a slightly pissed of email tomorrow. I also had this on my AMG and to be honest I used it a few times and it definitely helped.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #316
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

This is my biggest problem with it, the fact that's it's so cheap and we weren't made aware of it by our CAs. It is incredibly useful in my opinion for not messing up the front of our vehicles. I did this once with my old M6 on a curb that was half an inch too high and this car gives me the same vibes with the long front that is hard to grasp where exactly it ends. I might write the manager a slightly pissed of email tomorrow. I also had this on my AMG and to be honest I used it a few times and it definitely helped.
Definitely let them know that you're not happy with this. Give feedback to BMW USA too, as they're the ones that set up this 'misdirection'. Someone there maybe patting themselves on the back for handling a shortage of parts this way if feedback doesn't get to them.

I don't know about the M3/4, but on my X5 and my previous 435i GC, the front sensors used to give a good indication of how far the curb was (while I had the side and top view package for the 435i, that model didn't have the front camera at all even as an option).

In the end, I completely get the feeling but it'd be a loss to have this outweigh all the great things about the car. Do enjoy all the goodness that's not there in 99.9% (or more) of cars on the road around you.
      12-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #317
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So the car arrived on Wednesday morning. I got a video of the car this morning from my CA. Pickup is for tomorrow, but given it's raining tomorrow, asking if I can do it today.

I've attached a pic from the video he sent me [Enzian on KO with some M-perf parts].
Attached Images

12-04-2021, 01:20 AM   #318
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Took delivery a few hours back. Put a post up with photos:
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1880677