07-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #23
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
God the complaining in the 3 series forums is out of control… Holy sh*t 😂
Definitely some mean smart ass peeps here. Not helpful.
Appreciate 1
siegester344.50
      07-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #24
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

@Sean@PSI - Will you be making one for the S85 in the X3 M... ?

I've asked this before but never heard a response back!
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 07:21 AM   #25
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post

You mean the S58 ☺️😉

@PSI- How many miles are on the car at each dyno? If it's been a while, the difference may be due to engine break in, not the exhaust.
TIA
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #26
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Black Saphire Metalic

Of course, the pricing reflects first-to-market; and they have the right to do so until 10 other people get ahold of the pipe and copy it for half the price. What's irritating is that people who make these products assume because you have a fancy car you can afford a crazy price. But again, that's there right.

IMHO that's too much money for a 14hp difference. That said, we may see bigger gains once the tunes come online and the stock exhaust components become overtaxed.
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      07-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #27
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLife View Post
Its hard to tell from the graph overlay. Can you post a graph close up with just 2 pulls? It looks like it behaves a little different at low rpm
Currently the only dyno sheet that we have has all of the pulls together. I can reach out and see if I can get a dyno that individually shows each pull.

Quote:
Also can you pm if theres any forum pricing? Thx
To support the forum members we have created a discount code for $50 off to split the price increase. The code "BP50" is now live on our site and is active until the end of July (one use per customer) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Can you just post it?
G80 made 12 HP gain
G82 made 14 HP gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
I dont feel like watching the video. Can someone just tell me what happens
G80 made 12 HP gain
G82 made 14 HP gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Or the vendor is just trying to lure members into watching their video because they know posting just the graph won’t yield them the sales they want. Who knows
We are very happy with the results from our dyno. Without a tune we had the G80 make 12 HP gain and G82 make 14 HP gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Same actually, but you got my point. 10 minutes for a five second result. 14hp for $1700 pre-installation. What value!
This is just a bolt on modification that increases and improves the sound with the benefit of adding horsepower. Just the start to making these S58s making big power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDave View Post
The real benefit of this video for me is the nice stock numbers the car is making.
The stock numbers alone were a shock to us aswell. Just shows that the original HP numbers were underquoted. Better for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Looks very well built - looking forward to seeing these on the West Coast.
We will be getting some out your way very soon!

Quote:
I think price went up from $1599 free shipping this am to $1699 this afternoon on website. Maybe can we get 1500 shipped forum pricing?
The pricing increase is a result of increase in price of materials and shipping. Getting increasingly hard to get everything we need in to keep up with demand. We are running the coupon code "BP50" for $50 off for forum users to cut this cost back down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
That’s just the scaling and overlay. If they zoomed in, it would look bigger (it’s 10-14whp)

On a car already this fast, I doubt that it’s noticeable though.
Definitely noticeable earlier on with the spool. Waiting for the unlock to see what the added airflow will allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
I dunno, the higher numbers are from them revving it to 7k, stock runs go up to 6500... Snake oil to me.
The power is not made that high up in the powerband. We can email over the dyno sheets if you would like a closer look!

Quote:
Are we sure it's 14whp? I see a lot of noise on that graph to be able to tell.
Absolutely, the G80 made 12 HP increase and the G82 made 14. All cars will vary depending on conditions but results should all be relatively close. We can send out the dyno sheet if you would like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post

A midpipe for the X3M has been on our radar however it is something down the line. Currently our focus is on the G platform. Depending on what we can cross over will effect when that will be going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
You mean the S58 ☺️😉

@PSI- How many miles are on the car at each dyno? If it's been a while, the difference may be due to engine break in, not the exhaust.
TIA
Both cars were through the break in period. The IOMG G80 is currently at 6,000 miles and the G82 is at around 2800 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Chili View Post
Of course, the pricing reflects first-to-market; and they have the right to do so until 10 other people get ahold of the pipe and copy it for half the price. What's irritating is that people who make these products assume because you have a fancy car you can afford a crazy price. But again, that's there right.

IMHO that's too much money for a 14hp difference. That said, we may see bigger gains once the tunes come online and the stock exhaust components become overtaxed.
There is a lot of factors that go into pricing. Shipping costs, cost of materials, cost of getting materials, production time, ETC. We are trying to keep the cost down while still making the best product that we can made all in house. In time once tuning become more available we hope to see more HP gains.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #28
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

14Whp is decent for a mid-pipe. If was priced at $799-$899 it would dominate the market.

At $1700 it's a discretionary expense for those with high fluidity.

Hard for me to justify it.
      07-16-2021, 09:18 PM   #29
perezr10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sedan

Quote:

Quote:

To be fair, it not just the assumption that fancy cars means rich people (although that is true). Fancy cars also means lower volume. Any batch costs are spread over fewer units making them more expensive. Parts specific to the M3/4 will always be more expensive than parts for the regular 3 series for that reason alone.

And if the M3 and M4 sales are low, it's possible that copy cat parts might never be made or be as cheap as people hope.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 01:24 AM   #30
jninja
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
I gotta say OP handled those questions well

But I'm still not completely convinced..

1) I've gotten to the point that I take all but independent dynos with more than a grain of salt. No offense but- cherry picking is what makes sense from a common sense and biz perspective.

2) I don't think CAIs have ever done much IRL for most any car- let alone an already well engineered M3.

3) so I ask myself- did BMW really leave that much 'on the table' when it comes to the Air Intake?? Possible- but I'm skeptical.

Either way, I like cool turbo sounds lol so I'd probably get it 90% for that, and 10% for wishful thinking for improved 'performance'

I lost my 2018 M3 but GAINED a divorce

So I'm not sure I even rate to share these thoughts- but there it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 06:40 AM   #31
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
14Whp is decent for a mid-pipe. If was priced at $799-$899 it would dominate the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezr10 View Post
To be fair, it not just the assumption that fancy cars means rich people (although that is true). Fancy cars also means lower volume. Any batch costs are spread over fewer units making them more expensive. Parts specific to the M3/4 will always be more expensive than parts for the regular 3 series for that reason alone.

And if the M3 and M4 sales are low, it's possible that copy cat parts might never be made or be as cheap as people hope.
The G8X are setting record sales for M3/4s. My dealership got a yellow M3C yesterday and it sold before it got off the tractor trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post

1) I've gotten to the point that I take all but independent dynos with more than a grain of salt. No offense but- cherry picking is what makes sense from a common sense and biz perspective.

2) I don't think CAIs have ever done much IRL for most any car- let alone an already well engineered M3.

3) so I ask myself- did BMW really leave that much 'on the table' when it comes to the Air Intake?? Possible- but I'm skeptical.

Either way, I like cool turbo sounds lol so I'd probably get it 90% for that, and 10% for wishful thinking for improved 'performance'

What is it you’re looking for? PSI is a world renown BMW shop. These guys are bad ass. All they do is BMW. I’m lucky to have them in Florida. I stopped by the shop last week and listened to the new mid pipes and the sound awesome. It also doesn’t ness with car warranty. I checked. I bought it on the spot. I do not understand for the life of me why some of you guys are breaking this mans balls. I’m new here so is this just typical behavior on this forum? He has a product at a fair price. You either buy it or you don’t. It really is that simple. I was always fine with the price and more concerned with the sound. Once I heard the sound I bought it. Check out what else they do. When this computer is finally broken into these guys do awesome tunes. He can also do all kinds of bad ass modifications/ improvements to BMW engines, chassis and exteriors.

I also wonder how many guys here with negative comments even own a G8X.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #32
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezr10 View Post

The G8X are setting record sales for M3/4s. My dealership got a yellow M3C yesterday and it sold before it got off the tractor trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post

What is it you’re looking for? PSI is a world renown BMW shop. These guys are bad ass. All they do is BMW. I’m lucky to have them in Florida. I stopped by the shop last week and listened to the new mid pipes and the sound awesome. It also doesn’t ness with car warranty. I checked. I bought it on the spot. I do not understand for the life of me why some of you guys are breaking this mans balls. I’m new here so is this just typical behavior on this forum? He has a product at a fair price. You either buy it or you don’t. It really is that simple. I was always fine with the price and more concerned with the sound. Once I heard the sound I bought it. Check out what else they do. When this computer is finally broken into these guys do awesome tunes. He can also do all kinds of bad ass modifications/ improvements to BMW engines, chassis and exteriors.

I also wonder how many guys here with negative comments even own a G8X.
Opinions are not negative just because they disagree with your point of view.

If your opinion is the price is fair, that doesn't make it a positive opinion. Neither does saying the price is too high means it's a negative opinion.

They are just opinions and people should be free to say their peace.

I'm glad you find it affordable and priced fairly. There is no R&D on a piece like this. It's a mandrel bent SS pipe made to fit where the OEM was.

Post some reviews for others to see if it makes sense for you to do.
      07-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #33
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
We will be getting some out your way very soon.
Ordered mine June 8th. Anytime soon?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #34
PLife
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i, G80 M3 xdrive

OK so I just popped it. $1650 OTD shipped for some added thunder isnt bad. I will post a youtube vid and some flybys on insta. Will also try it with bmc filters or intakes (have both). The reason I didnt do the exahust chop is 1. it kind of looks like shit and 2. if I want to go back to stock this seems easier. I was quoted $5-700 just for secondary cat delete with 304 stainless.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 05:21 PM   #35
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
OK so I just popped it. $1650 OTD shipped for some added thunder isnt bad. I will post a youtube vid and some flybys on insta. Will also try it with bmc filters or intakes (have both). The reason I didnt do the exahust chop is 1. it kind of looks like shit and 2. if I want to go back to stock this seems easier. I was quoted $5-700 just for secondary cat delete with 304 stainless.
Fair points- excited for you to show us what it is all about shortly!
Appreciate 1
PLife647.50
      07-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #36
PLife
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
Im excited too. Too bad its gonna be around 4-6 weeks till everything lines up for the install (3-4 weeks for fabrication/shipping, still gotta break in my car and do the 1200 service). Then its mid pipe, intakes, race chip. Looking forward to seeing if thats enough lol
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 06:50 AM   #37
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
Im excited too. Too bad its gonna be around 4-6 weeks till everything lines up for the install (3-4 weeks for fabrication/shipping, still gotta break in my car and do the 1200 service). Then its mid pipe, intakes, race chip. Looking forward to seeing if thats enough lol
They aren't in stock, you have to wait 3-4 weeks?
      07-19-2021, 07:24 AM   #38
PLife
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe so. However thats actually not bad because ive seen other exhaust components be backlogged 3-4 months from other manufacturers especially on porsche stuff
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #39
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

this is being produced in house or outsourced to another vendor?

if its an in house piece i can see the price being justifiable because if it were from a brand like eisenmann most on here would not be crying.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #40
Soylent
Major
Rep

Quote:
Who knows. They haven't answered emails.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #41
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
this is being produced in house or outsourced to another vendor?

if its an in house piece i can see the price being justifiable because if it were from a brand like eisenmann most on here would not be crying.
Everything is done in house by our fabrication crew!
Appreciate 1
PLife647.50
      07-19-2021, 11:15 AM   #42
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Who knows. They haven't answered emails.
Currently due to a large amount of orders and issues with material availability there is a wait time on each order. I don't know exactly which order you are due to no orders actually being placed on June 8th. However, orders placed around that time period are currently in production or are up next!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #43
Soylent
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=Sean@PSI;27819760]I don't know exactly which order you are due to no orders actually being placed on June 8th./QUOTE]

Ok. It's #1137
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #44
ncmavro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330I ZHP, E46 m3, G80 m3, 986S

Sean, couple questions. I just picked up my g80 6mt a week ago and the sound is a bit tame. I'm interested in the midpipe. Whats the turnaround time as far as getting one put in if i were to come directly to PSI to have it done? I'm in the Tampa area so its not much of a drive. Also, since it removes the 2ndary cats is there any issue with factory warranty on the car? I looked through the various topics and couldn't find a concise answer to that. Thanks!
Appreciate 0