home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-13-2023, 03:53 PM   #1
GarageMonsterM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Shelby GT500

2023 6MT Auto Rev Matching Stopped Working

Hey guys not sure if this was every mentioned or if this is part of a safety protocol during break in on the MT cars but I just noticed last few days the auto rev match does not work anymore.

My car will only blip the engine if i am going into 1st gear, it will not do it in any other gear from 5-4-3-2 etc.

Gearshift Assist is turned on, Sport Plus etc. Can anyone shed some light on this feature and why it may have stopped working? Are you supposed to have your foot on the brakes for it to work?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 06:24 PM   #2
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Does it rev at all and try to match it but doesn’t get it right, or does it just fail completely and it feels like you have it deliberately turned off?

Regardless, take it into servicing and make sure you get a loaner because this kind of thing might take a while to diagnose. Sensors in the gate might be the culprit since they’re key to the car being able to figure out what gear you’re trying to get into. And if that’s at fault then it could be there for a little while depending on part availability (or not, it’s just a possibility). There was also an iDrive software upgrade that was recently pushed, definitely download and install that before taking it into servicing. Last thing you need is BMW spending a day doing that install and wasting your time.

I’m almost at 10k miles, no hiccups despite having an SSK and the CDV delete done. I drive with the auto rev match on probably more often than not too (about 60% of the time). I believe you open yourself up to possible issues with auto rev match when you do a clutch stop, but apart from that - it should be fine.

The auto rev match works regardless of whether or not you’re braking, so that’s not it.

Good luck and let us know if anything.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 07:50 PM   #3
GarageMonsterM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Does it rev at all and try to match it but doesn’t get it right, or does it just fail completely and it feels like you have it deliberately turned off?

Regardless, take it into servicing and make sure you get a loaner because this kind of thing might take a while to diagnose. Sensors in the gate might be the culprit since they’re key to the car being able to figure out what gear you’re trying to get into. And if that’s at fault then it could be there for a little while depending on part availability (or not, it’s just a possibility). There was also an iDrive software upgrade that was recently pushed, definitely download and install that before taking it into servicing. Last thing you need is BMW spending a day doing that install and wasting your time.
I’m almost at 10k miles, no hiccups despite having an SSK and the CDV delete done. I drive with the auto rev match on probably more often than not too (about 60% of the time). I believe you open yourself up to possible issues with auto rev match when you do a clutch stop, but apart from that - it should be fine.

The auto rev match works regardless of whether or not you’re braking, so that’s not it.

Good luck and let us know if anything.
thanks for replying the only thing I did to my car recently was fully disable the ASD via a Beta app Bimmercode sent me. Could not believe the drone coming from the ASD with my REMUS Race exhaust now it is so docile in the cabin and screams outside. My exhaust is crazy loud so I would be able to hear the rev match so easily now I only can notice it going into 1st. it seems as if it may have been defeated to some extent, very odd I wonder if the ASD is tied into this part of the cars programming somehow, wish I could get a solid answer on this.
On a GT3 or GT4 Porsche the rev match is very evident in all gears on my car not so much now.
Appreciate 0