home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-28-2022, 08:41 PM   #1
brad65ford
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

02 Sensor wires, which go where?

Strange questions, but I removed all the wires and dp's to quickly and forgot which set of black/grey wires goes to which dp's lol. Thinking the front two wires that are connected at the top of the motor closest to the bumper may both connect to the longer dp? or other way around? Tried searching for a diagram but couldn't find one. Also a little confused on how to route the wires, unfortunately my DP's were once out from last owner and they look to be incorrect and routed around the turbos. Any suggestions or help are more then welcome.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:47 AM   #2
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

I don't know if this will help you but I took this when I removed my stock DPs to replace them. It shows the cables on both stock DPs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:19 AM   #3
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Thanks, all good on knowing the color and which connectors go where on the dp's themselves (grey wires go to the back of the cats and the black goes towards the fronts.). I'm wondering where they go on top of the motor.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Thanks, all good on knowing the color and which connectors go where on the dp's themselves (grey wires go to the back of the cats and the black goes towards the fronts.). I'm wondering where they go on top of the motor.
Are they not all keyed differently?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:20 AM   #5
brad65ford
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
there are two paired for each dp, one is grey and other is black wired and the connectors are different. So these grouped pairs could be swapped with the grouped connectors in the front or the back of the engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 11:39 PM   #6
TrackM4x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
there are two paired for each dp, one is grey and other is black wired and the connectors are different. So these grouped pairs could be swapped with the grouped connectors in the front or the back of the engine bay.
Hey OP, I'm in the same pickle. Do you remember which one (short/long) went to the two connections on the back of the engine?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 10:06 PM   #7
a-stroke
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3 - alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackM4x View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hey OP, I'm in the same pickle. Do you remember which one (short/long) went to the two connections on the back of the engine?
Does this help any?

Please remember to reset/remove your Current and History Cel by disconnecting the battery while installing the cel fix, or longer, If not using a Scan Gauge. To prevent damage to the o2 sensor's wiring, always disconnect the sensor at the harness connection point , usually 12 to 17 inches from the sensor. DO NOT REMOVE SENSOR'S WITHOUT UNPLUGGING, AS TWISTING THE SENSORS WIRES WILL DAMAGE THE SENSOR...

The mini cats require the supplied washer be installed onto the oxygen sensor with the original OEM oxygen sensor washer before screwing it into the mini cat cel fix, failure to do so will damage the mini cat cel fix. The oxygen sensor must have two washers, Insure your installer fully understands this must be done,
Appreciate 0