home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-22-2022, 07:08 PM   #1
simsimma120
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Z06

12AF20 fault code G80 M3

I’ve got a JB4 installed with catless R44 downpipes, they have the little simulator built in so the car thinks there is still a converter installed. I got a CEL at first with two codes, but realized I had not plugged the JB4 back in after doing the XHP flash. Cleared the codes and no more CEL but did a scan and still getting the 12AF20. My shop was very careful not to damage 02 sensor during install, but it’s still showing. Car runs and drives fine, wondering if this is something we need to track down and fix or if it’s just a code we will get related to the downpipe.

12AF20 lambda probe after catalytic converter:signal
Fixed on grease
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #2
corbs09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Are you sure they plugged it in right? Did they use the little spacer washer for the simulators? Just FYI the simulators won't solve the problem, you will still get a CEL from time to time.

It is a different CEL than the code you are showing so it leads me to believe there is something up with your sensor itself. Mine showed a 12BB01 and 12BC01 for the downpipes.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 05:01 PM   #3
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbs09 View Post
Are you sure they plugged it in right? Did they use the little spacer washer for the simulators? Just FYI the simulators won't solve the problem, you will still get a CEL from time to time.

It is a different CEL than the code you are showing so it leads me to believe there is something up with your sensor itself. Mine showed a 12BB01 and 12BC01 for the downpipes.
We are going to check the 02 sensors and now i just got the 12BC01, lambda probe after catalyst 2 from lean to fat delayed reaction. Same one you had?

The downpipes have built in simulator so not sure if spacer was used or not i wasn’t there during install.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
VagabondG82
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbs09 View Post

Were you able to get these codes to stay off for long enough to clear the permanent system monitoring? Mine re-appear every time I cruise on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 09:37 PM   #5
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondG82 View Post
Were you able to get these codes to stay off for long enough to clear the permanent system monitoring? Mine re-appear every time I cruise on the highway.
It’s been off for two days now, feel pretty confident it’s nothing to worry about, but i don’t know how to clear the permanent system monitoring
Appreciate 0