BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-24-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
odontoblast
Rep
Drives: M340i

Mirror caps

How easy or difficult is it to swap out body color mirror caps for the shadow like black ones? I may want to switch. Anyone with experience walk me thru it?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 04:55 PM   #2
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by odontoblast View Post
How easy or difficult is it to swap out body color mirror caps for the shadow like black ones? I may want to switch. Anyone with experience walk me thru it?
It’s very easy. There multiple YouTube videos. All u need is flat head screwdriver to push out two clips. Takes few minutes per side to be gentle and not scratch/break anything
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 11:09 PM   #3
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Push the mirror down as much as it can, shine a flashlight in there and you'll see two clips, one on the left side, one on the right. Use a flathead to undo them and it'll pop right off.

Unscrew and remove the turn indicator from the housing, then do it all in reverse.

Getting the new cap on is going to be the more annoying part, just make sure the grooves in the cap line up with the slotted piece on the mirror housing.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 08:57 PM   #4
odontoblast
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Push the mirror down as much as it can, shine a flashlight in there and you'll see two clips, one on the left side, one on the right. Use a flathead to undo them and it'll pop right off.

Unscrew and remove the turn indicator from the housing, then do it all in reverse.

Getting the new cap on is going to be the more annoying part, just make sure the grooves in the cap line up with the slotted piece on the mirror housing.
Huge. Thank you
Appreciate 0