BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-06-2021, 06:36 PM   #23
luckym3girlnj
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 22 Mint Green G80 M3

I'm hoping its not too crazy tbh haha. I love Dravit, friend of mine just took delivery on one today <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Ah, Mint green is cool!! Any of the far out, individual colors, are awesome.

I'm all the way in Northern California.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 06:39 PM   #24
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym3girlnj View Post
I'm hoping its not too crazy tbh haha. I love Dravit, friend of mine just took delivery on one today <3

Quote:

Oh, it will be. Have you seen it on an M3? I've only seen it on an M4. It's loud! I would rock it if I wasn't in my mid to late 40s.

Dravit is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see my car.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #25
luckym3girlnj
United_States
Rep

age is just a number darlin ... lol

My current F80 is Verde Mantis, bright as hell but I wanted something a little louder I must be crazy

Are you on IG for the new car yet?

Quote:
Oh, it will be. Have you seen it on an M3? I've only seen it on an M4. It's loud! I would rock it if I wasn't in my mid to late 40s.

Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #26
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I ordered Dravit comp with Silverstone and 846 gloss black wheels. I can't wait to see it in person.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #27
luckym3girlnj
United_States
Rep

Oh!! Silverstone like I did with the mint green .. I'm paranoid about the seats w the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
I ordered Dravit comp with Silverstone and 846 gloss black wheels. I can't wait to see it in person.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #28
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
age is just a number darlin ... lol

My current F80 is Verde Mantis, bright as hell but I wanted something a little louder I must be crazy

Are you on IG for the new car yet?
Nothing yet. You just gave me the idea to create a page for my car, though. I think I'll do that. I have some of the order screenshots on my current instagram, but my page is house, current and past cars, and some of other useless info. It would be nice to have a fresh page just for my M4.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #29
HorsePower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 6-speed

Quote:
I'm trying so hard to be patient lol.

When did you order, and did you do an individual order?
I ordered during the last week in July. Walked out with a production number, status 111, and slot in production week 37 (which never changed, and the car was actually done that week).

Technically I think they treat the Tartufo full merino leather as an Individual option, but I didn’t do an Individual paint because I didn’t want to add to the wait time (had already sold my daily). In retrospect, should have ordered Individual paint and the wait wouldn’t have been much worse.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 07:35 PM   #30
luckym3girlnj
United_States
Rep

If you make an account make sure you add me

My Instagram is luckym3girlnj

Quote:
Nothing yet. You just gave me the idea to create a page for my car, though. I think I'll do that. I have some of the order screenshots on my current instagram, but my page is house, current and past cars, and some of other useless info. It would be nice to have a fresh page just for my M4.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #31
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you make an account make sure you add me

My Instagram is luckym3girlnj

Quote:
I followed you on my regular account, so I remember to add you when I make an M4 specific page.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #32
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post
My 22 M4 comp left Germany for California with a stop sale in Aug.
Wtf and you still don't have the car yet?????

This isn't good.

I hope i don't go through the same thing. Otherwise goodbye M3 before i even get it and hello V8 IS500!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 08:03 PM   #33
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post
My 22 M4 comp left Germany for California with a stop sale in Aug.
Wtf and you still don't have the car yet?????

This isn't good.

I hope i don't go through the same thing. Otherwise goodbye M3 before i even get it and hello V8 IS500!
I'm glued to this car, now, or I'd jump ship. M3 guys ordering their cars after me, and getting them delivered before mine even leaves the port. Frustrating. And now I have a stop sale.

Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-06-2021, 08:07 PM   #34
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm glued to this car, now, or I'd jump ship. M3 guys ordering their cars after me, and getting them delivered before mine even leaves the port. Frustrating. And now I have a stop sale.
I'm actually a VERY patient guy. (i'm holding onto my C7 z06 while i wait for my C8 z06 to come winter 2022) so waiting is nothing for me when it comes to these things.

However the past 2 months or so waiting for THIS car has been hell.

Once i got my production number, the progression has been pretty quick vs what i read from others.

I been at the port since monday IIRC and i'm so close yet i know i'm still so far. With the actual transit time to the states being weeks, then more time for the final steps. Plus not knowing i'm going to have a stop sale, this is so frustrating. I wanna fucking enjoy the car a bit before it snows!!!

But again i'm not really loyal to any brand so i actually don't mind backing out of this deal if i need to and getting something else. I can always come back to the M3 in a year anyway when it's the LCI?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:12 PM   #35
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm actually a VERY patient guy. (i'm holding onto my C7 z06 while i wait for my C8 z06 to come winter 2022) so waiting is nothing for me when it comes to these things.

However the past 2 months or so waiting for THIS car has been hell.

Once i got my production number, the progression has been pretty quick vs what i read from others.

I been at the port since monday IIRC and i'm so close yet i know i'm still so far. With the actual transit time to the states being weeks, then more time for the final steps. Plus not knowing i'm going to have a stop sale, this is so frustrating. I wanna fucking enjoy the car a bit before it snows!!!

But again i'm not really loyal to any brand so i actually don't mind backing out of this deal if i need to and getting something else. I can always come back to the M3 in a year anyway when it's the LCI?
Haha! I hear you there. I'm not really brand loyal, either. I just buy what I like. I ordered this car, right before Chevy dropped the Z06 video, or it may have had me waiting. But not knowing how much it was going to be, at the time, made me be ok with ordering the M4. I'm sure for $103k I could have gotten something decent in the Z06 lineup, but, here I am, waiting for my Bimmer.

Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #36
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha! I hear you there. I'm not really brand loyal, either. I just buy what I like. I ordered this car, right before Chevy dropped the Z06 video, or it may have had me waiting. But not knowing how much it was going to be, at the time, made me be ok with ordering the M4. I'm sure for $103k I could have gotten something decent in the Z06 lineup, but, here I am, waiting for my Bimmer.
There was no way the M3 would replace my current z06 lol. It was meant to be an addition to it. A "toy" i can use more often i use my corvette which is a weekend car only, although rain or shine, it's a weekend car.

As long as the c8 z06 doesn't START at like 125k or so, which won't happen, i'm getting it no matter the powerplant (i hope twin turbo), or the price. I do expect GM to follow the z06 price point as each generation went by. So about 85-89k starting. However with the new platform and new FPC engine, i think it might start closer to 100k. Which i'm still ok with.

Watching those nurburgring videos of that car gave me goosebumps!!!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 08:35 PM   #37
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
There was no way the M3 would replace my current z06 lol. It was meant to be an addition to it. A "toy" i can use more often i use my corvette which is a weekend car only, although rain or shine, it's a weekend car.

As long as the c8 z06 doesn't START at like 125k or so, which won't happen, i'm getting it no matter the powerplant (i hope twin turbo), or the price. I do expect GM to follow the z06 price point as each generation went by. So about 85-89k starting. However with the new platform and new FPC engine, i think it might start closer to 100k. Which i'm still ok with.

Watching those nurburgring videos of that car gave me goosebumps!!!
Exactly. The FPC is what does it for me. These are the last of the ICE engines. We need to be happy with what we can get.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 09:49 PM   #38
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
I got news on Monday that my car left port on Hawaiian highway on its way to US. I'm on list for PCD and I have an individual Voodoo blue color spec.
I also have camera and Ram stop sales. No word on any ETA. I'm just happy it's moving closer to me.
Maybe I will have it by January?

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #39
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Oh!! Silverstone like I did with the mint green .. I'm paranoid about the seats w the white

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Get a ceramic coating and once a week use a clean microfiber and lightly wipe it down and you will be ok. Most of my interiors were light color and I did not use ceramic coatings and they still looked new. My car had a 145k on it when I sold it last year.
Attached Images

04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 10:31 AM   #40
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

My car is finally in transit! I'll have my own NY stop sale experience to share later this month.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #41
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Delivery scheduled for Saturday morning. Appreciate the emotional support along the way. It has been a journey to say the least. I'll capture photos and initial impressions and put a bow on it in a new thread.

For those of you waiting there's nothing that I can say that will be helpful. It sucks. There isn't great info coming out of BMW. You have little choice but to wait or walk away.

I chose to wait for my '21. I want the car. I'm not willing to start the process all over again for a '22 which may just end up with a stop sale anyway. Some may call me nuts. Some may underscore the depreciation. Not sure either are wrong.

Excited to put my hands and eyes on it IRL on Saturday.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 4
JDUNITNOW3522.00
Oeon105.50
chicagofan0019155.00
      10-07-2021, 01:22 PM   #42
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
Delivery scheduled for Saturday morning. Appreciate the emotional support along the way. It has been a journey to say the least. I'll capture photos and initial impressions and put a bow on it in a new thread.

For those of you waiting there's nothing that I can say that will be helpful. It sucks. There isn't great info coming out of BMW. You have little choice but to wait or walk away.

I chose to wait for my '21. I want the car. I'm not willing to start the process all over again for a '22 which may just end up with a stop sale anyway. Some may call me nuts. Some may underscore the depreciation. Not sure either are wrong.

Excited to put my hands and eyes on it IRL on Saturday.
the good thing is that your wait...or, rather, the cause of you wait...has ensured that the depreciation on your '21 is minimal or nil. happy for you, man. unfortunately, on Saturday, i step right into your past situation.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #43
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
the good thing is that your wait...or, rather, the cause of you wait...has ensured that the depreciation on your '21 is minimal or nil. happy for you, man. unfortunately, on Saturday, i step right into your past situation.
Hang in there. My hope is that you make it through more quickly.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #44
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Exactly. The FPC is what does it for me. These are the last of the ICE engines. We need to be happy with what we can get.
I’m in love with gm small block pushrod engines. I have so much experience with them over the past 2 decades or so.

So I know this FPC in the new z06 will be special. Although the hybrid c8 variant is appealing too, especially with how advanced they are now.

I’ll most likely be keeping that new z06 longer than usual because of the death of ICE in the future.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00