BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-08-2023, 04:39 PM   #67
ibmc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp G82 RWD

i installed my Dahler a couple weekends ago. I am not into tweaking, so the out of the box settings are fine. Amazing difference, in fact, the other day I turned it off and the car felt sluggish without the torque it provides. Since I only paid $1585 or so for it last Black Friday sale, it is the best bang for the buck for me. Its just nice having that little bit of ooomph when you want it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 06:42 PM   #68
bo.per
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition M xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmc View Post
i installed my Dahler a couple weekends ago. I am not into tweaking, so the out of the box settings are fine. Amazing difference, in fact, the other day I turned it off and the car felt sluggish without the torque it provides. Since I only paid $1585 or so for it last Black Friday sale, it is the best bang for the buck for me. Its just nice having that little bit of ooomph when you want it.
did you measure times too? 1/4 mile, 60-130mph and 100-200km/h. Before and after tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 01:43 PM   #69
M4Lou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21'-x3m40i 23'-m4c 24'-x3mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by santox View Post
Guys here you have dyno for RC map 5 and 7 with opf and secondary cats deleted .
y

Santox - any baseline numbers on that dyno before RC was installed?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 07:33 AM   #70
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Racechip 20% off 'till midnight Friday.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 03:48 AM   #71
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Choice paralysis

I wish I hadn't found this thread. I was perfectly happy with my Dinantronics-X (that has not been installed yet) because I wasn't even aware there were so many options for piggybacking modules out there.

Even more perplexing is that Steve Dinan is out promoting the CarBahn while selling Dinantronics-X too?! The conspiracy theorist inside my head is telling me they are likely the same exact product, just re-branded.

The RaceChip GTS and the MHTronik both seem to come from reputable, German (!) companies, but Dinan has been tuning BMWs since I was in diapers, and is a known quantity. I'm going to install the Dinantronics-X and hop on a dyno. I will update this thread with results. I'm going to need a while though: I am not going to install it until the break-in service is complete. I only have 250 miles on my car, live in Idaho, and refuse to drive it when there's snow or rain... might take until spring

FYI, Dinan did post what they claim to be dyno results from an F-generation M3.
Appreciate 1