BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-07-2023, 10:18 AM   #23
JeetG80x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX -Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
Is there an “off” option?
Nay. But mine is at low and I don't really feel the vibrations anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 09:45 AM   #24
dlong82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Had a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel at highway speeds on most all surfaces types. Frequency was to high to be a balance or road force issue. No vibration on surface streets. It went away after 6k miles. I assume it was tread wiggle. Car came with Pirelli. Try running the tire pressures about 4 psi higher. If you notice a change, it could be related to tread depth and/or toe settings. Run your hand around the inside of the tires. Are they feathering?
Appreciate 1
bwoodahl235.00
      08-08-2023, 04:57 PM   #25
Vegasg80
Private
Rep
Drives: 16 TT 5.0 and 23 G80

My car has a weird vibration in the steering wheel when I go over certain bumps, its so weird. Smooth roads its fine, and it doesnt make any weird noises but way i noticed way more road nvh is transmitted through the steering wheel in this car than im used to.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 10:45 PM   #26
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozzi View Post
Update, they replaced what they said was a defective tire but I don't feel the car is any better. I just drove it on a smooth highway and it still felt like I was holding on to vibrating steering wheel. All the tech said this is normal road feedback. I have never had a car like this and if this is normal feedback I'm going to sell it. I knew this was going to be a battle, as I had to force them to do the tire balance as they didn't do it at first. I need to find someone in the Tampa Bay Area that has an M3 and they can drive mine to feel if it's the same. There is no way a wheel vibrates on a smooth road but I could be wrong.
Idk, but my wheel is straight and quiet.
It doesn’t vibrate at all. In fact it’s pretty dead.
Appreciate 0