BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-18-2022, 07:19 AM   #331
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Yeah, this is nonsensical and maddening, I'm in QC since 11/11, why are we still stuck? Happy for the people that are finally starting to move, but why not fix the ones that have been stuck the longest first?
I agree and the way we are kept in the dark makes things worse. There should be a department at BMW that is in charge of keeping us informed. I know they have Genius and customer service, but they are a joke and provide no useful information. As you know I have been in QC since 11/8 and although I’m happy for others moving forward, it makes our situation worse.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 10:03 AM   #332
c3j3gable
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
I agree and the way we are kept in the dark makes things worse. There should be a department at BMW that is in charge of keeping us informed. I know they have Genius and customer service, but they are a joke and provide no useful information. As you know I have been in QC since 11/8 and although I’m happy for others moving forward, it makes our situation worse.
No rhyme or reason to it all. I can only assume in my case, a base M4 and German delivery. Plus I complained to international sales in country. Might be the difference but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 10:05 AM   #333
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Hope you guys see some movement within the next week and a half. I was an 11/4 date QC so one of the later ones I believe, which makes me hopeful for the other people on this thread. Hang in there guys
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #334
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3j3gable View Post
Quote:
I agree and the way we are kept in the dark makes things worse. There should be a department at BMW that is in charge of keeping us informed. I know they have Genius and customer service, but they are a joke and provide no useful information. As you know I have been in QC since 11/8 and although I'm happy for others moving forward, it makes our situation worse.
No rhyme or reason to it all. I can only assume in my case, a base M4 and German delivery. Plus I complained to international sales in country. Might be the difference but who knows.
I have complained via email, phone, and continually via Twitter, to no avail. I feel like they're ignoring me now out of spite.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #335
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

I think even though mine has left QC and now dispatched from factory, I am afraid that I will be stuck at a port since my stop sale for RAM is still open. I would not feel like I am out of the woodworks until that is closed.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 12:47 PM   #336
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

I stopped by my dealership yesterday to go over financing & delivery details and his system showed just over 20 G80s (both base and comp) in the West region stuck in QC purgatory. Not sure if that seems low or high.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:56 PM   #337
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
BMW NA Customer Relations just called me. She said it took almost two weeks to get back to me because she exhausted EVERY option to get the bottom of why my car (and others) are stuck in QC. And yet she found no answers, and that my dealer would call me with any new updates. 😒

What a joke. I said.. BMW is a multi-billion dollar, multinational company and she couldn't tell me why other cars are getting the parts my car is missing? I'm so mad, what a waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:58 PM   #338
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
I have complained via email, phone, and continually via Twitter, to no avail. I feel like they're ignoring me now out of spite.
Maybe ignoring someone is better than sending them a message like the response I got below from Genius when I inquired why my car has been in QC for 2 months and what compensation I could expect.
Thanks for contacting the BMW Genius Team.

Your 2022 BMW M3 Sedan finished assembly/quality check and was estimated to be produced November 19, 2021. Please note, all dates are estimates and subject to change.

While the BMW Genius Team is able to provide estimated vehicle tracking information, we do not have access to potential delays affecting vehicles currently in production. I suggest continuing working with to your Client Adviser for further information regarding your request. If necessary, please speak to the Sales Manager directly. They are in the best position to further assist you. Should you need to access a list of our authorized BMW centers, please visit our website at: www.bmwusa.com, and select “Dealer Locator.”

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for your inquiry.
So if my vehicle finished assembly/quality check, why the f*&% do I still see this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 02:04 PM   #339
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, they want to pus everything on to the CA/Dealers even though they know there are no answers with them either.
Appreciate 1
jwt2440180.00
      01-18-2022, 02:38 PM   #340
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Maybe ignoring someone is better than sending them a message like the response I got below from Genius when I inquired why my car has been in QC for 2 months and what compensation I could expect.
Thanks for contacting the BMW Genius Team.

Your 2022 BMW M3 Sedan finished assembly/quality check and was estimated to be produced November 19, 2021. Please note, all dates are estimates and subject to change.

While the BMW Genius Team is able to provide estimated vehicle tracking information, we do not have access to potential delays affecting vehicles currently in production. I suggest continuing working with to your Client Adviser for further information regarding your request. If necessary, please speak to the Sales Manager directly. They are in the best position to further assist you. Should you need to access a list of our authorized BMW centers, please visit our website at: www.bmwusa.com, and select “Dealer Locator.”

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for your inquiry.
So if my vehicle finished assembly/quality check, why the f*&% do I still see this?
I am assuming that it doesn't flip over to the next Status until it actually gets to that status.

IE- They dont scan when your car is finished with quality check but they scan it when it enters the next stage- final assembly.

In your example, I am assuming it finished quality but, because of your SS, it never moved to final assembly. Its just sitting somewhere in between.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #341
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Yeah, they want to pus everything on to the CA/Dealers even though they know there are no answers with them either.
Hmmmm
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
'Cane8514.50
JWBimmer135.00
yousefnjr6159.00
Mcc420475.00
      01-18-2022, 05:28 PM   #342
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BMW NA Customer Relations just called me. She said it took almost two weeks to get back to me because she exhausted EVERY option to get the bottom of why my car (and others) are stuck in QC. And yet she found no answers, and that my dealer would call me with any new updates. 😒

What a joke. I said.. BMW is a multi-billion dollar, multinational company and she couldn't tell me why other cars are getting the parts my car is missing? I'm so mad, what a waste of time.
I guess BMW NA has no way to contact BMW and the factory to simply ask what is going on. That’s ridiculous and totally unacceptable. What a mess. They have really dropped the ball on this one. So wrong on all levels.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:51 PM   #343
stunt2402
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I guess BMW NA has no way to contact BMW and the factory to simply ask what is going on. That’s ridiculous and totally unacceptable. What a mess. They have really dropped the ball on this one. So wrong on all levels.
I'm honestly surprised that no one from BMW is monitoring these forum threads and realizing they need to change the way they're doing business. Every other car manufacturer Ive had experience with has reps that monitor forums and provide assistance. It's mind blowing the amount of customers they're ignoring, as many of us have reached out and requested info.
Appreciate 1
JWBimmer135.00
      01-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #344
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt2402 View Post
I'm honestly surprised that no one from BMW is monitoring these forum threads and realizing they need to change the way they're doing business. Every other car manufacturer Ive had experience with has reps that monitor forums and provide assistance. It's mind blowing the amount of customers they're ignoring, as many of us have reached out and requested info.
Or they too do, and at least as to this issue, they don't give a f*%$.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2022, 06:35 PM   #345
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
I am assuming that it doesn't flip over to the next Status until it actually gets to that status.

IE- They dont scan when your car is finished with quality check but they scan it when it enters the next stage- final assembly.

In your example, I am assuming it finished quality but, because of your SS, it never moved to final assembly. Its just sitting somewhere in between.
Uhhh, that would be 10 times worse if I found out my car had not been waiting on any parts this whole time, but instead someone simply forgot to push it over the line to the next stage. Here's to hoping a 2-ton hunk of metal didn't "fall through the cracks."
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 09:37 PM   #346
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

I stopped by my dealer today and asked about the G80 and got the same bullshit response I've received for the past two months: "car is done with production - it's in 155." Yeah, seems like there is a bit more to finish it up…

I did get an ETA of 3 months - I guess we will see in April how accurate that is. Not sure I can deal with purgatory that long but I know there are plenty in line behind me that will pay MSRP+ for it…
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 10:35 PM   #347
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Should try calling one of those consumer complaint groups that the local news outlets have. They seem to be able to get answers and action better than individuals can. In the Bay Area here we have a couple:

https://abc7news.com/7onyourside/

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/consumer/

Can also try getting in touch with the executives. True story, this last iPhone cycle my trade-in got lost somewhere along the way and Apple wanted me to pay for it. Wrestled with customer service for a long time with no luck. Fed up, I sent an email directly to Tim Cook explaining the whole thing and he actually took care of it. Couldn’t believe it lol guy is my hero now. I have to imagine that if he cares about a customer with a $1500 phone, somebody over at BMW will care about you and your $100k car.
      01-19-2022, 08:18 AM   #348
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

stuck in QC since mid november, made it finally out of QC!
There is hope!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:20 AM   #349
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55co View Post
There is hope!
Awesome.

Please provide details, what build week/when did you hit QC? How did you find out, CA notified you, or in mygarage? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:38 AM   #350
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55co View Post
There is hope!
Awesome! This gives me great hope for everyone else. It’s finally happening people! Let me know once you get moved past “awaiting carrier”
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:50 AM   #351
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriffindor View Post
Awesome! This gives me great hope for everyone else. It’s finally happening people! Let me know once you get moved past “awaiting carrier”
Mine is at the port already. Just for my curiosity I added another M4 convertible from a dealer build that started production this week and it is already awaiting carrier assignment. It has the open status for Retrofitting the receiver audio module so not sure if it will be stuck at Baltimore port once it arrives.

Also I called SA and he said I have no stop sales but the recall tool is showing Open. What interesting is when you read the recall tool it shows the Vin as open but no recall and doesnt say anything about stop sales so I am wondering why everyone always says they have a stop sale when the recall tool doesn't say anything about stop sales.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:52 AM   #352
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

M3CX, QC since 11-19
Living in germany, there is no way for us europeans to track the status or open recalls.
(we have to ask our CA to get the status)
CA informed me 30 minutes ago, car arrived at the dealership
Appreciate 1
'Cane8514.50