Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-30-2023, 02:43 PM   #23
dmand
Private
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ml View Post
This surprised me as well. I've always thought of Vorsteiner as a very reputable company, but this product is just sub par.
Sad thing is that I know plenty of people that bought the grill early on and have had 0 issues!
Appreciate 1
m4ml1891.00
      03-30-2023, 04:02 PM   #24
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
I’m having a similar warning that pops up sporadically. Trying to figure it out as well.
2 piece Vorsteiner CF version.
      03-31-2023, 07:15 PM   #25
e46e39g80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I’ve been planning to have the Vorsteiner CF grill installed after taking delivery next month but rethinking that after reading this post.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1891.00
      04-06-2023, 11:54 PM   #26
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Glad I saw this thread...the one piece gloss version it is.

Subjective, I know, but the fact that it sits further "inside" the grille holes...does it bother you or look odd in any way?
      04-07-2023, 01:49 AM   #27
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
Glad I saw this thread...the one piece gloss version it is.

Subjective, I know, but the fact that it sits further "inside" the grille holes...does it bother you or look odd in any way?
I actually really like it to be honest. At first I was skeptical, but then I saw it and I really liked it.
Appreciate 2
OF Hero1133.00
tom @ eas8277.00
      04-07-2023, 01:07 PM   #28
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
I actually really like it to be honest. At first I was skeptical, but then I saw it and I really liked it.
I agree 100%. The "less is more" approach really works on this.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
m4ml1891.00
      04-18-2023, 06:07 PM   #29
G80XLV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Final Update

After Vorsteiner agreed to replace my grill, a new one was sent to EAS. While there I talked to them about possible options should we continue to have problems and we discussed the Vorsteiner ABS grill or putting the OEM grill back on in the worst case scenario.

While the tech was attempting to install the PDC sensor, once again the boss broke away from the grill. Not only that, when we looked at the fit of the boss with the PDC sensor it was obvious that there was something wrong with the positioning of the detents to lock the sensor in place (keep in mind that we had both the PDC sensor and the boss in our hands and not on the grill).

At that point I made a decision to go with the Vorsteiner GT3 style ABS grill. I had considered it in the past because I thought it might look pretty good with the other gloss black ABS items on the car (the skirt and the rear trim) and it was a one piece design. But two things kept me from pulling the trigger on the ABS grill first. One, I couldn't unsee the CF grill that I had originally wanted, and second, it wouldn't fit the full M4 Comp badge (I went with the Stradale to satisfy these two requirements - see my other post for the horror story that was).

In the end I think the ABS looks clean with the BSM w/Xpel stealth. But, most importantly, the sensors are not giving a false alert anymore and function correctly when there is actually an obstacle!

The only bad news is that I do have to get my bumper re-PPF'd though. Because the ABS grill is inset by about 3/4" - 1" it exposed some edges of the PPF that were tucked under the OEM, Stradale, and Vorsteiner CF grills.
This is my concern about replacing the OEM grille. Did you have to trim the foam crashbar? I've also read a lot of things about the Vorsteiner ABS grille that have made me veer off but can't find an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 07:02 PM   #30
m4ml
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XLV View Post
This is my concern about replacing the OEM grille. Did you have to trim the foam crashbar? I've also read a lot of things about the Vorsteiner ABS grille that have made me veer off but can't find an alternative.
EAS ended up removing the front foam bumper completely. The rear foam bumper is still there. If this wasn't done then you'd have to cut out a large chunk where each PDC sensor sits. From other posts about the ABS install, it looks like about a 4"x4"x4" section on each side.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 07:32 PM   #31
jamabdi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 xDrive

Well, it's 2024 now. I ordered the carbon fiber Vorsteiner grill completely unaware that this issue even existed, and I had it installed today.

Just like OP described, my PDC sensors were going berserk at practically every stoplight I happened to be behind a car. Even at the drive-through, it was incessantly going off. I've probably pressed the PDC button like 20 times on my drive back. Needless to say, this is a very frustrating situation.

Honestly, this issue shouldn't be tolerated from what one would assume to be a reputable quality brand. I could have gotten an Alibaba one for like $600 and saved some money, but explicitly decided to go with the Vorsteiner one to avoid issues like this.

I've already paid $500 to have it PPF'd and another $700 to have it installed along with the front lip. Not sure what to do now honestly. I basically work two full time jobs, I don't have the free time to chase after this issue. I'll probably contact Autocouture and see what options I have.
Attached Images

Last edited by jamabdi; 05-03-2024 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 08:25 PM   #32
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Lightbulb

I got the one piece Vorsteiner black gloss grill. The sensors fit a bit funky. I want to code out ACC if possible and install OEM CSL grill. Probably need a bit more fabrication. TTW spent too much time getting the GD thang to fit the ACC bracket. NOT impressed with this "authentic" bullshit.

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 08:57 PM   #33
GolfCoyote
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Glad i cheaped out on a Bayoptiks grill, hasn’t caused me any problems lol
      05-02-2024, 09:15 PM   #34
m4ml
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamabdi View Post
Well, it's 2024 now. I ordered the carbon fiber Vorsteiner grill completely unaware that this issue even existed, and I had it installed today.

Just like OP described, my PDC sensors were going berserk at practically every stoplight I happened to be behind a car. Even at the drive-through, it was incessantly going off. I've probably pressed the PDC button like 20 times on my drive back. Needless to say, this is a very frustrating situation.

Honestly, this issue shouldn't be tolerated from what one would assume to be a reputable quality brand. I could have gotten an Alibaba one for like $600 and saved some money, but explicitly decided to go with the Vorsteiner one to avoid issues like this.

I've already had it PPF'd for $500 and paid another $700 to have it installed along with the front lip. Not sure what to do now honestly. I basically work two full time jobs, I don't have the free time to chase after this issue. I'll probably contact Autocouture and see what options I have.
Your PDC sensors look like they're missing the foam rubber grommet. Either they are sticking way out of the grill (as if missing the grommet), or it's an optical illusion in the image. The grommets are notorious for sticking inside the original grill when the sensor is removed. If your installer didn't ensure that the grommet was there, that could be the problem. The PDC sensors should be pretty much flush.

I thought I remember Vorsteiner redesigning the CF grill to fix this issue. I haven't heard much about this problem in the past year. Either people stopped buying them, or they fixed it.

Last edited by m4ml; 05-02-2024 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
jamabdi220.00
BIGW0RM3226.00
      05-02-2024, 10:08 PM   #35
jamabdi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Your PDC sensors look like they're missing the foam rubber grommet. Either they are sticking way out of the grill (as if missing the grommet), or it's an optical illusion in the image. The grommets are notorious for sticking inside the original grill when the sensor is removed. If your installer didn't ensure that the grommet was there, that could be the problem. The PDC sensors should be pretty much flush.

I thought I remember Vorsteiner redesigning the CF grill to fix this issue. I haven't heard much about this problem in the past year. Either people stopped buying them, or they fixed it.
You're correct, they are sticking out of the grill. I didn't think much of it since in the product release photos from Vorsteiner, the PDC sensors also seemed to stick out a little.

I also wasn't even aware that there's a rubber grommet, but upon closer look, it seems mine are either missing or recessed into the grill. I checked my factory grill, and the grommet isn't there either, so I'll call my shop tomorrow and ask about it. Hopefully, this is the issue since it looks like a simple fix.

In the meantime I'll either try to reset the iDrive or turn the PDC sensors off altogether. Someone mentioned that doing this got rid of their issue in this thread so might as well give it a try: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2027286
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 10:23 PM   #36
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamabdi View Post
You're correct, they are sticking out of the grill. I didn't think much of it since in the product release photos from Vorsteiner, the PDC sensors also seemed to stick out a little.

I also wasn't even aware that there's a rubber grommet, but upon closer look, it seems mine are either missing or recessed into the grill. I checked my factory grill, and the grommet isn't there either, so I'll call my shop tomorrow and ask about it. Hopefully, this is the issue since it looks like a simple fix.

In the meantime I'll either try to reset the iDrive or turn the PDC sensors off altogether. Someone mentioned that doing this got rid of their issue in this thread so might as well give it a try: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2027286
That's unacceptable for the price of entry. Anyone who sells this grill knowing the end result should be ashamed of themselves, especially Vorsteiner.

Sensor fitment on the NW Carbon Haus grill for reference. No PDC issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M4Tejas828.00
forcefed2580.00
      05-04-2024, 08:49 AM   #37
mikecsa
Private
Rep
Drives: S54 Z3M

I had the same issue as well as others with my vorsteiner grille. In speaking with them, the rubber grommet is not supposed to be installed in the latest version of the grille...Yes my sensors do stick out further than in the stock grille.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 10:33 AM   #38
SwankPeRFection
Major
Rep
Drives: S4

lol, for how expensive Vorsteiner shit is, it’s ironic how crappy the finish is on them compared to the cheapy Carbonhaus one in the other pic. 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 12:20 PM   #39
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I had vorsteiner rear diffuser on my old E92 M3. That shit never fit properly. I even had vorsteiner install it and they used a dremel on it to make it fit better. lol.

Never bought another carbon piece from them again. I did buy some of there venomrex wheels for my old raptor years ago. The wheels were good quality and held up nicely.

Them sensors look like long nipples to me. lol.
      05-04-2024, 01:19 PM   #40
SwankPeRFection
Major
Rep
Drives: S4

😂
Appreciate 0