Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Removing Side Skirt G80

Can someone help me remove my side skirt, I've been trying but the front side of it it's being a little difficult I don't want to break tabs ofc. Unless someone knows how to only remove the black part of the side skirt. Let me know please!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00
      04-14-2022, 06:14 PM   #2
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
You can remove just the black side skirt (that's what I did). Put everything back together and get those screws back in.

Further outboard from where those screws go, there's a handful of plastic trim rivets each side. The center stem gets drilled out, they pull right out, and now you'll be able to pull the lower skirt out.

Once the rivets are out, start at either the front or rear (I started at the rear), it requires gentle yet swift pulls to get the skirt to release from the clips in the body work. Worked like a charm for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:16 PM   #3
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Also, as you're doing the pulling, you'll likely have to use another hand to keep the color matched trim (what you have partially removed right now) to keep it in place and not come unclipped.
Appreciate 2
M4Tejas788.00
chicagofan0019155.00
      04-14-2022, 06:33 PM   #4
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
You can remove just the black side skirt (that's what I did). Put everything back together and get those screws back in.

Further outboard from where those screws go, there's a handful of plastic trim rivets each side. The center stem gets drilled out, they pull right out, and now you'll be able to pull the lower skirt out.

Once the rivets are out, start at either the front or rear (I started at the rear), it requires gentle yet swift pulls to get the skirt to release from the clips in the body work. Worked like a charm for me.
Quote:

What did you use to replace them?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csayad View Post
Quote:

Quote:

My AutoTecknic side skirts came with new rivets. You can order them online or if you have a Harbor Freight nearby, you can get an assorted rivet set that comes with the rivet gun.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 07:56 PM   #6
spridge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by csayad View Post
Quote:

Quote:

You can also buy exact replacement rivets over the counter at your BMW dealer's parts department
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00