BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #67
Serious
1M advocate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 S4. 2011 M3. 2012 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Well it's never ever ever been the case before, but maybe this time it'll be different! Unless it's the last rwd mt m3 or something.

Well I guess in 3 years there won't be a market for it really, but eventually things will shift in favor (get it) of the rwd MT car.
The 6mt F80's have not done very well; they tend to sit on lots from what i've observed. I wouldn't even compare e36 & e46's because the non 6MT gearboxes in those cars are so bad.

I think its about even for 6mt & DCT e9x cars. Neither seems to carry a significant premium.
      06-10-2021, 06:03 PM   #68
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Well it's never ever ever been the case before, but maybe this time it'll be different! Unless it's the last rwd mt m3 or something.

Well I guess in 3 years there won't be a market for it really, but eventually things will shift in favor (get it) of the rwd MT car.
The 6mt F80's have not done very well; they tend to sit on lots from what i've observed. I wouldn't even compare e36 & e46's because the non 6MT gearboxes in those cars are so bad.

I think its about even for 6mt & DCT e9x cars. Neither seems to carry a significant premium.
The MT in the e9x definitely carries a premium at this point, just look at BaT.
Appreciate 1
WWM3964.00
      06-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #69
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBum View Post
GT3s still depreciated to 130-150k earlier this year. Like someone mentioned earlier, you shouldn't be looking at the crazy market now thinking it will continue.

These dudes buying 200k+ 991 GT3s are likely going to take a bath once the 992 hits the market and starts coming onto resale sites and supply issues are alleviated.

GT3s and TTS depreciate like many others, it's just they tend to have a higher floor than many cars. The cars you buy that will quickly appreciate in normal market conditions aren't ones attainable by most of us shlubs out there.
I feel most people who are buying 200 plus K cars aren't really sweating the depreciation. Maybe thats wrong but just a hunch. What year GT3 you talking about? Maybe 2014-15. That was me saying don't compare the market today. Maybe I'm diff then most. I would never consider what the car will be worth when I'm done with it. If I want it, I buy it. Enjoy the shit out of it then move on. I normally dump ons of money modding anyway , so there is more cash thrown away. YOLO
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #70
NinjaBum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Java Green F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I feel most people who are buying 200 plus K cars aren't really sweating the depreciation. Maybe thats wrong but just a hunch. What year GT3 you talking about? Maybe 2014-15. That was me saying don't compare the market today. Maybe I'm diff then most. I would never consider what the car will be worth when I'm done with it. If I want it, I buy it. Enjoy the shit out of it then move on. I normally dump ons of money modding anyway , so there is more cash thrown away. YOLO
They often do. You should see how many people on Rennlist agonize over options they don't want, but they want to maximize resale. There are entire threads devoted to it haha.

Even 991.2s weren't that crazy. It made no sense to post them for above what a 992 would MSRP for unless it's a crazy unique build, until the whole chip shortage, FOMO driven craziness with new cars started in earnest. Any time there is a market like this there are speculators looking to ride the wave ti the top. Like most times, there will be speculators getting massively boned when the bottom drops out who maybe couldn't afford it long term but wanted to make some easy money flipping in a few months. We will see.

I'm on a list waiting for a 992.2 in a few years just cause like you said, I want a car I can keep long term that's special and money isn't good to me if I'm dead so gotta live a little while we are here methinks.
Appreciate 0