BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-22-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
Gasper20
Private
Rep
Drives: G82

Tire and wheel protection

For those that have this, do you know what this entails exactly? Does it cover rim curb rash by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 01:17 PM   #2
Mwerks23
Rep
Drives: BMW M

It depends on the coverage, there are two coverages from BMW, non cosmetic, and cosmetic. Make sure whoever you are talking to lets you know if it's a 3rd party or from BMW directly. The cosmetic covers the rashes, and covers the actually WHEEL (if you hit a pot hole and wheel is damaged) if it's road hazard (i.e, pot hole, nail in the road, anything that happens when the vehicle is in motion and driving, not stagnant like slashed tires etc) . DM more information if you need further clarification
Appreciate 1
jmase248301.50
      09-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #3
SoCalBimmerGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasper20 View Post
For those that have this, do you know what this entails exactly? Does it cover rim curb rash by any chance?
If you have the "cosmetic" coverage then yes any damage to the wheel/rim itself will be covered. Don't even bother with this warranty without the "cosmetic" coverage. You can drive your car to Discount Tire and as long as your tires are new you can purchase their tire warranty for your tires. Not many people know about this but have done it in the past. You have to do it within 30 or 60 days of purchasing the car and it is only on new car purchases. It is SUBSTANCIALLY less expensive. Its like 40 dollars per tire.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 02:35 PM   #4
spelle1910
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

I also looked into this and for the cosmetic coverage, there is a cap. I think the finance manager I spoke to said its $800 but no cap for the wheel/tire replacement.
Appreciate 0