BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-15-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

Perfectly timing trade in?

Hey Folks,

I have a vehicle I'm getting rid of that is 8 months old and fully paid off and I'm taking the cash from that and throwing it at my M4 Comp that has a build week of 39. So that puts it right at the end of September, when do you honestly think I should get serious about getting rid of this other vehicle?

A month after the build completes? Two or Three Weeks?
      09-15-2023, 06:55 AM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Are you selling private I would assume? There are no guarantees, but once your car is confirmed on a ship, you will know the schedule. For you, it will be about 2 weeks after that. Yo7 can’t go by build complete because you don’t know what ship you will get on.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 08:28 AM   #3
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

What he said - shipping schedules are totally out of whack for all manufacturers
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 09:05 AM   #4
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
What he said - shipping schedules are totally out of whack for all manufacturers
Yup, to be clear, just because there is a boat coming to port that then goes to your route doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get on it. For that route, there may be a backup due to, well, whatever. Several here over the spring and summer have reported boats coming and going and not making it on. When I ordered my wife's Cayenne, two ships came and went before I got on.

Having said that, it seems that the export schedule has been much improved following the summer break. Looking at week 36 builds, several are on a boat already. I'm not keeping any kind of matrix of when, where they are going, etc, but they went from built to on a ship quickly.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't do anything until you get on a ship unless you want to be in a position to rent a car for a month.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 11:44 AM   #5
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
If you’re trading it in, the sooner you trade it, the better off you’ll be. Based on your production week, it could arrive anywhere from late-October to January. Then just rent something for a month or two. Sixt does long term rentals, and their prices are ok.
Appreciate 0