BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

08-21-2023, 02:26 PM   #1
1and0
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

Norcal paintshop?

Well, fuck. Can't believe I'm writing this. The car has barely hit 1200 miles and I'm looking for a paintshop. (Altercation with a faulty garage-door, I don't want to talk about it ).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a paintshop which can work on these cars in Northern CA? Isle of Man Green is a pretty unique color, and I'm worried about letting one of the random local places screw something up. I'm in Sonoma County in the North Bay, but happy to travel to get it fixed right.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 03:43 PM   #2
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Berkeley collision center or Concord collision center are certified centers for concord bmw and weathford bmw. I used the one in Berkeley to get my rear window redone from a smash and grab a few months ago. They did good work but that wasn’t paint so I’d look up their reviews. Their service was excellent though.
Appreciate 2
1and042.00
KANdaddy2497.00
      08-21-2023, 04:16 PM   #3
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

I second Weatherford Collision and Concord Collision Center. Both are BMW CCRC shops owned by Sunwise Automotive group.

Jhonny is my go to guy at Weatherford.
Appreciate 1
1and042.00
      08-21-2023, 04:45 PM   #4
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
Berkeley collision center or Concord collision center are certified centers for concord bmw and weathford bmw. I used the one in Berkeley to get my rear window redone from a smash and grab a few months ago. They did good work but that wasn’t paint so I’d look up their reviews. Their service was excellent though.
Bruh. Sorry to hear about that. I bet you were beyond pissed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 04:48 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and0 View Post
Well, fuck. Can't believe I'm writing this. The car has barely hit 1200 miles and I'm looking for a paintshop. (Altercation with a faulty garage-door, I don't want to talk about it ).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a paintshop which can work on these cars in Northern CA? Isle of Man Green is a pretty unique color, and I'm worried about letting one of the random local places screw something up. I'm in Sonoma County in the North Bay, but happy to travel to get it fixed right.
That looks like a freshly taken picture. Clean it up and see how bad it really is. You might be able to touch it up without a respray.
Some asshat kissed my rear bumper as well last week and I’m going to try to touch it up first. I’ve got Fire Orange so it’s probably not as challenging as a metallic but still hurts.
Appreciate 1
1and042.00
      08-21-2023, 06:02 PM   #6
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Yep…the worst part was that I was contemplating on moving my car to where I was sitting outside for dinner (around the corner). There was a spot that opened up. I figured nah it’s cool, it’s in a busy and nice-ish area but of course that’s a prime area for break ins.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 08:45 PM   #7
1and0
Rep

Quote:
Yep…the worst part was that I was contemplating on moving my car to where I was sitting outside for dinner (around the corner). There was a spot that opened up. I figured nah it’s cool, it’s in a busy and nice-ish area but of course that’s a prime area for break ins.
Wow, dude I'm sorry. What a total pain in the ass. I'm glad you got it fixed. What is even going through the minds of people who do shit like this? :-(
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 08:48 PM   #8
1and0
Rep

Quote:
That looks like a freshly taken picture. Clean it up and see how bad it really is. You might be able to touch it up without a respray.
Some asshat kissed my rear bumper as well last week and I’m going to try to touch it up first. I’ve got Fire Orange so it’s probably not as challenging as a metallic but still hurts.
After some work it is a bit better, but it's down to the primer in a couple of spots. If I was more than a month into ownership, I would totally just touch it up.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 08:51 PM   #9
1and0
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
I second Weatherford Collision and Concord Collision Center. Both are BMW CCRC shops owned by Sunwise Automotive group.

Jhonny is my go to guy at Weatherford.
Quote:
Thanks very much both. Looks like two votes for this group. I will give them a call in the morning!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 09:55 PM   #10
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
I was born and raised in the SF bay area (south bay) and the amount of break-ins these last few years have been insane. Nowadays I keep nothing in my cars, and I don't go anywhere that are 'hot spots'

Where was this at?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 12:38 AM   #11
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
I was born and raised in the SF bay area (south bay) and the amount of break-ins these last few years have been insane. Nowadays I keep nothing in my cars, and I don't go anywhere that are 'hot spots'

Where was this at?
On college in rockridge
I don’t keep anything in my car and haven’t for years either. Just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 03:04 AM   #12
ShoeZilla
IG: KAWSZILLA
Rep
Drives: 2022 BSM G82 M4 COMP XDRIVE

Quote:
Damn sorry about your rear bumper. Same thing happened to me back in April while at a red light. 17 year old kid kissed my rear bumper but Only damage was the diffuser and exhaust tip. Nothing bad at all.

In elk grove auto body expressions does great work IMO. I would talk to anthony. He hooked me up for my repairs.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 09:32 AM   #13
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
On college in rockridge
I don’t keep anything in my car and haven’t for years either. Just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yeah, not a bad area at all. Sucks to hear man.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 05:37 PM   #14
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Having an m3 in SF…
Wow, you are a brave man.
Maybe a masochist.

What is it like to drive around knowing that 9/10 people around hate you just because of the car you chose to drive?
That’s madness.

I don’t hate you btw, certainly not.
I’m just impressed with the size of your balls.

FYI:
I would not take that car anywhere in the future that it was not inside a locked garage on both ends of the trip.

If I lived in SF (which I never would of course because I value my life) I would drive literally the shittiest fucking shitbox I could find… and I would piss on it daily after eating asparagus.

I’d smear dog shit on the outside and only have one place where I could touch it that only I knew about that wasn’t covered in a homeless junkie’s spit.

And then I would leave thirteen Bluetooth emitters on at all times in the car and put rusty nails hidden all over the place, preferably in the seats.

And I would park it in high break in areas and pray that it got broken into over and over and over.

Enjoy your fucking tetanus mofo.
Fuck SF.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 08:26 PM   #15
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Having an m3 in SF…
Wow, you are a brave man.
Maybe a masochist.

What is it like to drive around knowing that 9/10 people around hate you just because of the car you chose to drive?
That’s madness.

I don’t hate you btw, certainly not.
I’m just impressed with the size of your balls.

FYI:
I would not take that car anywhere in the future that it was not inside a locked garage on both ends of the trip.

If I lived in SF (which I never would of course because I value my life) I would drive literally the shittiest fucking shitbox I could find… and I would piss on it daily after eating asparagus.

I’d smear dog shit on the outside and only have one place where I could touch it that only I knew about that wasn’t covered in a homeless junkie’s spit.

And then I would leave thirteen Bluetooth emitters on at all times in the car and put rusty nails hidden all over the place, preferably in the seats.

And I would park it in high break in areas and pray that it got broken into over and over and over.

Enjoy your fucking tetanus mofo.
Fuck SF.
Tell us how you really feel… 🤣
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      08-23-2023, 08:27 PM   #16
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Tell us how you really feel… 🤣
I always do Baz.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 11:27 PM   #17
M4ROLLIN20
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 COMPETITION

Garage List
Quote:

Damn this breaks my heart. I hope you get a speedy fix and an excellent job so as it looks just like new again.
Appreciate 1
1and042.00
      08-25-2023, 05:59 PM   #18
M4ROLLIN20
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 COMPETITION

Garage List
Quote:

I know pics don’t do the damage justice but have you tried getting it buffed out as much as possible?

Just reread that you’re willing to travel. That being the case I would highly recommend Sherman Oaks Collision Center in Sherman Oaks SoCal. You’d get a good deal on it as well since our shop contracts with them at times. They are excellent. When I scratched up my e93 mineral white I was in the same situation as you not wanting it to look like anything happened. Well, they made it look fresh out the factory again.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 11:59 PM   #19
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

If you are not going to use insurance, I like Hanson's Auto Body, Burlingame.
Appreciate 0