08-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #1
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Collision Repair Recommendation - Bay Area

Hi All,

This car week, the first car week for my 2022 M3 Comp xDrive, a moron in a giant a truck rear ended me at a stop light thinking the light turned green. Trunk is caved in a bit and won't open, and read bumper has a massive hole in it, and some of the trim pieces are scuffed up.

I'm really, really damn bummed about this. Do all I can to baby the car and it just takes one absolute idiot to fuck it all up.

That being said, I'm looking for a bmw certified collision repair center in the bay area, one that is trusted by board members and one I can rely on to bring this back to an OEM look and not worry about parts being installed incorrectly or Dravit Paint being applied that doesn't match the rest of the car/applied poorly.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      08-23-2022, 01:26 AM   #2
MinMax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
Sorry man that sucks. I hope the other driver's insurance is good. I had experience with Autobahn Collision Center at Belmont and they did fantastic job on my F80 before(long story but pm me if you want know details). They are BMW certified, and Peter Pan BMW actually use them for all the body works. They have the paint spray robotic arm and dust free painting booth all that legit equipment.
I'm not sure about their pricing because I didn't pay the repair cost. But I'm guessing they are not cheap. I would suggest to check them out.
Hope you get your car fixed right soon!

Last edited by MinMax; 08-23-2022 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: fixing spelling error
Appreciate 2
      08-23-2022, 07:59 PM   #3
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 (mt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
Hi All,

This car week, the first car week for my 2022 M3 Comp xDrive, a moron in a giant a truck rear ended me at a stop light thinking the light turned green. Trunk is caved in a bit and won't open, and read bumper has a massive hole in it, and some of the trim pieces are scuffed up.

I'm really, really damn bummed about this. Do all I can to baby the car and it just takes one absolute idiot to fuck it all up.

That being said, I'm looking for a bmw certified collision repair center in the bay area, one that is trusted by board members and one I can rely on to bring this back to an OEM look and not worry about parts being installed incorrectly or Dravit Paint being applied that doesn't match the rest of the car/applied poorly.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Oh no man, really sorry to hear this! Our cars seem to be having a similar path. A few weeks back we were both at Performance Technic getting some mods done. Yesterday, my M3 had nonconsenual contact with a San Mateo County utility truck merging on the highway. New fender for me, alignment and who knows what. I definitely second AW Collision; been in contact with them and they are awesome. Not cheap; $8k estimate for my repairs but I have insurance and $500 deductible. Sadly insurance will likely go up but should be made whole again. They only use genuine BMW parts, are certified repair and work with Peter Pan BMW. Maybe our cars will end up meeting there again, bringing mine in Monday. Wishing you a speedy and full resolution!!
Appreciate 2
Alarmin511.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      08-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #4
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
No freakin way! What an unfortunate coincidence, I'm sorry man!

I've heard AW collision a few times at this point, please let me know how your experience goes with them! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible and it's as good as new in no time! I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to learn more, thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 2
      08-23-2022, 10:09 PM   #5
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep

Quote:

I've heard AW collision a few times at this point, please let me know how your experience goes with them! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible and it's as good as new in no time! I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to learn more, thanks for the tip!
I know it's random but still, crazy timing! Will definitely keep you posted. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      08-25-2022, 04:29 PM   #6
Tanzanian Devil
Private
Rep

Quote:

Update: car is officially scheduled to go in on Monday and new fender should be there too. Estimated 2-2.5 weeks for repair. Then will have it back but need to wait around 30 days for paint to fully cure before reapplying PPF.

James at AW Collision in Belmont has been awesome. Friendly, responsive, confident. GEICO lowballed me with $1300 for $8k repair estimate and he fought back to get it fully covered. Also insurance will be covering costs of reapplying PPF. Still expecting GEICO to jack up my insurance after this but at least things should be made whole again.

How is your journey? Hope you are finding a path forward.

I will report back when the work is done but if the quality of work matches the quality of customer service then this should turn out good in the end.

Good luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #7
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzanian Devil View Post
Update: car is officially scheduled to go in on Monday and new fender should be there too. Estimated 2-2.5 weeks for repair. Then will have it back but need to wait around 30 days for paint to fully cure before reapplying PPF.

James at AW Collision in Belmont has been awesome. Friendly, responsive, confident. GEICO lowballed me with $1300 for $8k repair estimate and he fought back to get it fully covered. Also insurance will be covering costs of reapplying PPF. Still expecting GEICO to jack up my insurance after this but at least things should be made whole again.

How is your journey? Hope you are finding a path forward.

I will report back when the work is done but if the quality of work matches the quality of customer service then this should turn out good in the end.

Good luck to you!
Thanks for the tip, giving James a call today! Hoping the best for your car. That's a bummer on the PPF wait time, will have to keep that in mind. Hopefully smooth sails ahead!
Appreciate 0