barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
This is why I paid a professional $100 to do it!

I think my guy had to push the heat shield up a bit to allow the pipe to sit higher. Might be worth looking at but I didn't see exactly what he did. I had given him the heads up to make sure the pipe and brace cleared each other as I did lot want any rattling

Maybe have someone take a look. I wouldn't be happy with the washers on the brace. Seems like you shouldn't have to do that
Yeah its definitely not suppose to, but I'm 99% sure it's an issue with the ssr downpipes, I think I need to rotate one completely 360 degrees, when I disconnect the downpipes and lay the midpipe in the tunnel it sits where it needs to, but as soon as go to bolt the midpipe up, it pulls the whole system down. I loosened the clamp and roared the downpipes but to do a complete 360 I'd have to take the O2 sensors off. which means pretty much uninstalling the whole system.

It doesn't rattle or anything now.

Did you do downpipes as well? It's easier to get fitment on the stock downpipes because 1.) they are already in correct place, 2.) one has a flex pipe so it's easier to move around.
No downpipes here.

Is it crazy loud with the downpipes or ok ?

Big pops and bangs?

Tempted by Soom's videos but not sure if I will regret it
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 08:54 AM   #68
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
No downpipes here.

Is it crazy loud with the downpipes or ok ?

Big pops and bangs?

Tempted by Soom's videos but not sure if I will regret it
It's only really loud in two conditions, start up with the valves open (it's not as bad with valves closed but still pretty loud) and at full WOT, past 4k rpm.

Pops and bangs are amplified more but in a tasteful way, it doesn't sound like an AK going off like a 370, but you hear it more. If you don't want any pops and bangs at all just run in comfort mode, it seems to be tied to sport plus engine option only l.

It's very livable in comfort mode with valve closed and I would argue it's not much louder/noticable. I do however have the VSC-2 valve controller, so I'm able to open the valves up all the way so my setup is louder then it would be for someone running without.
Appreciate 1
barryc3651956.00
      11-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #69
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

I just ordered mine. This would make a great christmas present for myself

Is there a video that i can check out to prepare for the install of this midpipe? I am a noob. But willing to learn. I just need some ramps to get under the car. Hate my driveway as its on an incline but will figure something out.

Unfortunately, the remus exhaust has been pushed to mid december or january, at least for me in the UK. Will check this midpipe out and if it does what its supposed to, I will add the remus rear section later in the new year.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #70
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
I just ordered mine. This would make a great christmas present for myself

Is there a video that i can check out to prepare for the install of this midpipe? I am a noob. But willing to learn. I just need some ramps to get under the car. Hate my driveway as its on an incline but will figure something out.

Unfortunately, the remus exhaust has been pushed to mid december or january, at least for me in the UK. Will check this midpipe out and if it does what its supposed to, I will add the remus rear section later in the new year.
Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      11-03-2021, 10:36 AM   #71
Odinsrighthand
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, G80 M3C

I'd order one but I am really not digging the fitment issues. There is no way I'm putting washers under a structural brace on a car I plan to track. Until someone either redesigns the brace or they change the mid-pipe design I guess I'm stuck.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #72
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinsrighthand View Post
I'd order one but I am really not digging the fitment issues. There is no way I'm putting washers under a structural brace on a car I plan to track. Until someone either redesigns the brace or they change the mid-pipe design I guess I'm stuck.
No fitment issues if you fit it correctly….Mine fits just fine. Quality of the construction of the product is outstanding

I think some people cut the rear in the wrong place.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #73
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

there are no fitment issues, if it's installed properly the brace fits back with no modifications needed.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #74
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Congrats
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #75
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No fitment issues if you fit it correctly….Mine fits just fine. Quality of the construction of the product is outstanding

I think some people cut the rear in the wrong place.
Just checking if you followed any guide or tutorial regarding where to cut the stock exhaust? If only valvetronic could make a video, i am sure it will save them a lot of complaints.

Apologies for multiple posts. Cant figure out how to merge.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 09:40 AM   #76
Y@nnick
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i white

hi gentlemen, my first combo was ssr downpipe/valvetronic midpipe, it took me 12 hours to install, I had to make a spacer between one of the two downpipe not long enough, and I put a lot of pressure to be able to align and tighten the downpipe with the midpipe, and I even had the midpipe that rubbed on the rear brace, I had to put washer, very frustrating! I was really not comfortable with this setup!

so I changed to downpipe with flexible (project gamma), 3 hours later the work was finished, no need to make a spacer or force the pipes to tighten or washer at the back, perfect fit,same sound , same performance now I am happy!

maybe it can help someone who wants to make the move

still have a ssr downpipe with 200miles on it to sell, for those who want to still with dual mid pipe!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #77
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@nnick View Post
hi gentlemen, my first combo was ssr downpipe/valvetronic midpipe, it took me 12 hours to install, I had to make a spacer between one of the two downpipe not long enough, and I put a lot of pressure to be able to align and tighten the downpipe with the midpipe, and I even had the midpipe that rubbed on the rear brace, I had to put washer, very frustrating! I was really not comfortable with this setup!

so I changed to downpipe with flexible (project gamma), 3 hours later the work was finished, no need to make a spacer or force the pipes to tighten or washer at the back, perfect fit,same sound , same performance now I am happy!

still have a ssr downpipe with 200miles on it to sell, for those who want to still with dual mid pipe!
Yeah I figured this is the issue I'm having.

People keep saying "You didn't cut at the right place and that's why it doesn't fit"

But I literally messaged Valavtronic on their website and they sent a picture with the cut area circled in in red. I cut at EXACTLY the same spot.

The SSR downpipes are annoying because they are fixed position, if you don't have them rotated just perfectly( assuming that's even possible now) Fitment is way off.

The stock downpipes are already in place obviously and the longer one has a flex pipe which makes getting fitment 10 times easier.

When I rotated my SSR downpipes I was able to get a better fitment, (before rotation I could even get the brace on without washers, after I rotated them I could get it on without washers, but still needed to add them to avoid rattling.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #78
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
Yeah I figured this is the issue I'm having.

People keep saying "You didn't cut at the right place and that's why it doesn't fit"

But I literally messaged Valavtronic on their website and they sent a picture with the cut area circled in in red. I cut at EXACTLY the same spot.

The SSR downpipes are annoying because they are fixed position, if you don't have them rotated just perfectly( assuming that's even possible now) Fitment is way off.

The stock downpipes are already in place obviously and the longer one has a flex pipe which makes getting fitment 10 times easier.

When I rotated my SSR downpipes I was able to get a better fitment, (before rotation I could even get the brace on without washers, after I rotated them I could get it on without washers, but still needed to add them to avoid rattling.
Hello.
I have the stock downpipes and the Valvetronic midpipe is incoming next week. Can you post the pic or please mention where to cut the stock exhaust. It may be a DIY job and I don't want to mess up.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #79
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:

We guarantee fitment on our downpipe if you decide to switch it up.
Appreciate 1
Y@nnick51.50
      11-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #80
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Just to update valvetronic says,

"Please cut the stock exhaust at the rear most indication point closest to the diff".
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #81
Y@nnick
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i white

NKGK20 , clear some space in your inbox, nobody can reply to your MP! sorry all ,i will erase it when he see this!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:17 PM   #82
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
NKGK20 , clear some space in your inbox, nobody can reply to your MP! sorry all ,i will erase it when he see this!
Done bro! My bad y'all..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 03:31 PM   #83
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

I tried to get my mid pipe installed today but the shop was saying it was f'ed up, basically the connections to the downpipes were screwed up, so you couldn't actually attach them without either having a massive exhaust leak at that point, or having the angle be completely off.

Anyone else run into this? Working with valvetronic to see if they agree/can send me a new front section. This shows does a ton of mid pipe and down pipe installs so I doubt they got it wrong/screwed something up. They were thinking it was likely just welded in the wrong place. Sucks because I've been waiting months to get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:10 AM   #84
safridi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

I just got mine installed with stock downpipes and i too was told that it was really tough to get on….the guys eventually got it into place but the only concern was the clearance between the midpipe and that x-brace….there was literally a little less than half an inch….i guess if i hear it hit against it on a bump i can add small spacers but so far so good ✊🏼 🪵….as far as sound, id say normal driving in sport + is about 30% louder and you get some burbles when you let off the throttle….wot you definitely have more exhaust sound but its still neck and neck with engine sound….the exhaust isnt overbearing at all….in normal mode i cant even tell the differemce honestly….but this is exactly what i wanted bc i plan on finishing it off with the remus sport axelback….it just comes down to preference.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #85
lch6257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E93 M3-DCT,'21 G80 M3-6MT

I just got my VT designs midpipe installed today on my G80 M3 - 6MT and it is a must do upgrade if you want to wake up your M3. It sounds like a proper M3 now and I am very happy with the outcome as well as the quality of the pipe and fitment (it went in perfectly). My shop also commented on how well made the midpipe is. Absolutely love it as this is just the right amount of sound increase that I wanted, but still neighbor friendly. It is NOT obnoxious but still hooligan when you want it to be.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 02:12 PM   #86
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Can anyone comment on the weight savings with this midpipe vs. stock?

Who cares but just curious. My guess is maybe 25lbs
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #87
lch6257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E93 M3-DCT,'21 G80 M3-6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Can anyone comment on the weight savings with this midpipe vs. stock?

Who cares but just curious. My guess is maybe 25lbs
Between 20-25lb seems about right.
Appreciate 0