06-23-2023, 05:18 PM   #23
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Not bad at all... between shipping, FEMTO fees, BM3 license and tune - it's not that far off in pricing for being able to keep warrantee.
I think I'm 7k in (including custom tune and stg2 hardware)

2023 M4 xd BSM
IG: MFor_YourPleasure
Appreciate 2
hova001190.50
M3SQRD2164.00
      06-23-2023, 06:19 PM   #24
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I'd rather not respond here as it will probably derail the thread. feel free to call me or dm me and I'm more than happy to discuss it.
Cause he doesn’t sell it. Lol
Appreciate 3
Ilma183.50
Jsndiesel325.50
Sp2pilot168.50
      06-24-2023, 10:40 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Cause he doesn’t sell it. Lol
whether I sell the tune or not affects the argument's validity.

It's pretty easy to criticize the price and lack of features of his tune, so I'm not shying away because I don't sell it; this would be the perfect opportunity to criticize it and promote products I do sell. but I respect OP and don't want to turn his thread into a tuner war.

Unfortunately, your response, presumably meant to be savvy, does not come across as such.

Your trolling attempt failed, have a good day

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 6
      06-24-2023, 11:00 AM   #26
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:

It's pretty easy to criticize the price and lack of features of his tune, so I'm not shying away because I don't sell it; this would be the perfect opportunity to criticize it and promote products I do sell. but I respect OP and don't want to turn his thread into a tuner war.

Unfortunately, your response, presumably meant to be savvy, does not come across as such.

Just breaking balls homie. No venom was intended.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

note to self: No forum browsing until I've had my daily intake of caffeine.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 11:46 AM   #28
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:

The Carbahn tune has two major features every other tune doesn't offer and that is a warranty with dealer support.

Apples to apples comparison pricing for both are vey similar.

- BM3 + Femto Unlock is $2600+/-

- Carbahn + Femto Unlock is $2680+/-

Quote:

Quote:

note to self: No forum browsing until I've had my daily intake of caffeine.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      06-25-2023, 01:18 AM   #29
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
hova00

This is so tempting… I see BMW of Encinitas as a listed dealer. Not too far from me. 🤔

Mexico Blue needs to be turned into a rocket. There are some 101 octane stations around too.

Looking forward to more content and data! Thanks for sharing dude.
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2023, 01:23 AM   #30
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
hova00

This is so tempting… I see BMW of Encinitas as a listed dealer. Not too far from me. ��

Mexico Blue needs to be turned into a rocket. There are some 101 octane stations around too.

I ended up working with Bimmer Speed instead of either BMW Vista or BMW Encinitas. Both shops list Larry (the parts sales manager) as the Carbahn contact. I've worked with him in the past to get the Stage 1 controller ordered and installed. But, when I sent several emails and left several messages about the Stage 2 Software I never received a call back. So, I went with a different option in North County.

Also note that BMW Encinitas has closed and they are now BMW Carlsbad. If I remember correctly (don't count on my memory to work very well), BMW Vista will be closing this month to move to Carlsbad as well.

Maybe you'll have better luck contacting Larry.

Edit: Stryker Performance in Fullerton is also a Carbahn dealer. If you're coming from OC that might be an option as well.
Appreciate 4
      06-26-2023, 10:34 PM   #31
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ml View Post
I ended up working with Bimmer Speed instead of either BMW Vista or BMW Encinitas. Both shops list Larry (the parts sales manager) as the Carbahn contact. I've worked with him in the past to get the Stage 1 controller ordered and installed. But, when I sent several emails and left several messages about the Stage 2 Software I never received a call back. So, I went with a different option in North County.

Also note that BMW Encinitas has closed and they are now BMW Carlsbad. If I remember correctly (don't count on my memory to work very well), BMW Vista will be closing this month to move to Carlsbad as well.

Edit: Stryker Performance in Fullerton is also a Carbahn dealer. If you're coming from OC that might be an option as well.
Thank you for all the insight dude. It’s definitely so damn tempting.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      06-27-2023, 02:27 AM   #32
m4ml
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for all the insight dude. It’s definitely so damn tempting.
It's 100% happening for me... I'm literally here asking shops to take my money and I'm getting very little response. Zero response from Larry, and now it's to the point where Bimmer Speed isn't responding either.

Maybe I'll drive up to Fullerton!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
Appreciate 5
somer966.00
RockinPA4848.00
      06-27-2023, 12:21 PM   #33
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's 100% happening for me... I'm literally here asking shops to take my money and I'm getting very little response. Zero response from Larry, and now it's to the point where Bimmer Speed isn't responding either.

Maybe I'll drive up to Fullerton!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
Lol I don’t blame you. I’m surprised you haven’t heard back!

I hope you get it done soon, though! Keep me posted dude. I can’t wait to hear yours and others thoughts once installed.

I have two 101 octane stations near my house that would be perfect to wake that Carbahn’ed S58 up! Lol.

I’ll be anxiously awaiting your review in the mean time. Life is hectic right now bw work and expecting our first child in 2 weeks so tuning a car isn’t exactly a priority in my immediate future but fuckin’ a, it’s definitely gotten my attention! Lol
Appreciate 2
m4ml1834.00
      06-27-2023, 04:25 PM   #34
m4ml
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Lol I don’t blame you. I’m surprised you haven’t heard back!

I hope you get it done soon, though! Keep me posted dude. I can’t wait to hear yours and others thoughts once installed.

I have two 101 octane stations near my house that would be perfect to wake that Carbahn’ed S58 up! Lol.

I’ll be anxiously awaiting your review in the mean time. Life is hectic right now bw work and expecting our first child in 2 weeks so tuning a car isn’t exactly a priority in my immediate future but fuckin’ a, it’s definitely gotten my attention! Lol
I just got off the Phone with Peter over at Bimmer Speed. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning. The HE is enroute and they've already got the return packaging for the Stage 1 Controller, and ECU.

I'm out of town starting Friday for 10 days, so I'm really happy to get the ball rolling while I'm away for most of it. Hopefully, when I get back it'll only be a couple of days until I have my car back.

hova00 is it fair to assume that the 2.5 weeks was all ECU waiting time?
Appreciate 2
      06-27-2023, 06:03 PM   #35
Zanardi43
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

hova00–first, great video, review, thank you. I’ve tuned & moded every car I’ve owned for the last 20-years, so I knew I’d eventually breakdown and tune my G80. I’m old now, so Carbahn w/ warranty is the only way I’d go…looking forward to seeing your before/after dyno results. Your dyno coming out soon?
2013 Audi RS5
2010 Nissan GTR
Appreciate 1
kiw1617.00
      06-27-2023, 06:52 PM   #36
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Unless I missed something you have to pay for the warranty. So this isn't being warranted by BMW its being warranted by CarBahn.
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 3
reNT265.50
Needsdecaf6599.00
      06-27-2023, 08:17 PM   #37
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just got off the Phone with Peter over at Bimmer Speed. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning. The HE is enroute and they've already got the return packaging for the Stage 1 Controller, and ECU.

I'm out of town starting Friday for 10 days, so I'm really happy to get the ball rolling while I'm away for most of it. Hopefully, when I get back it'll only be a couple of days until I have my car back.

hova00 is it fair to assume that the 2.5 weeks was all ECU waiting time?
Love it! Looking forward to your review.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      06-27-2023, 08:20 PM   #38
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
hova00

This is so tempting… I see BMW of Encinitas as a listed dealer. Not too far from me. 🤔

That's awesome you have 101 octane at the pumps. I'm going to pick up some 5 gallon cans from the local VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanardi43 View Post
hova00–first, great video, review, thank you. I’ve tuned & moded every car I’ve owned for the last 20-years, so I knew I’d eventually breakdown and tune my G80. I’m old now, so Carbahn w/ warranty is the only way I’d go…looking forward to seeing your before/after dyno results. Your dyno coming out soon?
Thank you! I've modded most of my cars as well and was on the fence about tuning the M3 until the Carbahn tune and warranty came out. I have the dyno session scheduled. The dyno video will be out on Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Unless I missed something you have to pay for the warranty. So this isn't being warranted by BMW its being warranted by CarBahn.
Carbahn Warranty is $1200 and supplements your original 4yr/50k BMW warranty. The factory warranty is intact. If you have a drivetrain repair and BMW says it's from the Carbahn part/tune then the Carbahn warranty would cover the repair in question. Details can be found on their website or by phone.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      06-27-2023, 08:34 PM   #39
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
Carbahn Warranty is $1200 and supplements your original 4yr/50k BMW warranty. The factory warranty is intact. If you have a drivetrain repair and BMW says it's from the Carbahn part/tune then the Carbahn warranty would cover the repair in question. Details can be found on their website or by phone.
If you have a drivetrain issue, BMW ain’t covering that shit. Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 08:49 PM   #40
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
If you have a drivetrain issue, BMW ain’t covering that shit. Lol
That’s what the Carbahn warranty is for. 😉
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 08:57 PM   #41
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
That’s what the Carbahn warranty is for. 😉
No doubt. Just making it clear to people reading that if you have a powertrain issue, BMW will never cover it. I read your original post as they may cover it. Tune that shit and drive it like a max man. Don’t worry about it breaking
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 02:50 PM   #42
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Thank you! I'm ready to hit the drag strip. Being able to run 100 Octane is a huge benefit. 40% increased cooling capacity is huge and will come in handy when I go to the road course. I'll see if I can get some photos for you.
Outstanding stuff here but I'm curious, with the warranty exclusions including things such as:
  • damage resulting from the use of improper fuel
  • any vehicle operated in any competitive event or subjected to aggressive track conditions
Where do you as an owner comfortably draw the line in terms of what fuel you run and just how competitive an event is before the warranty is null and void?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 08:20 PM   #43
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
Outstanding stuff here but I'm curious, with the warranty exclusions including things such as:

damage resulting from the use of improper fuel
any vehicle operated in any competitive event or subjected to aggressive track conditions

Where do you as an owner comfortably draw the line in terms of what fuel you run and just how competitive an event is before the warranty is null and void?
For me it’s pretty simple. I run 93 octane from the pump and no “racing” as in competive racing i.e in a series for points etc. If you abuse the car and don’t follow recommendations it’s expected that warranty work will be denied. From my experience this holds true with most manufacturers.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      06-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #44
GP_with_the_M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Good info here, thank you! Looks like I’ll be joining the BMW Carlsbad location sooner than later. BMW San Diego seems really rigid & lame about mods. They give you a strange look when you mention Carbahn 😂

It’s a shame too, since BMW San Diego is so central. Oh well. Hopefully BMW Carlsbad stays enthusiast friendly.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00