Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-22-2022, 07:17 PM   #1
techniggo
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: G87 soon...

New DME Unlock method

Just watched this video (its in German i know ) but in the first minute Aulitzky states he can unlock the DME in house with a hardware mod on the ECU itself and some software tweaks.
And also in there webshop they r stating BMW cant reset your ECU via Update or lock it again cause its a hardware solution.

Appreciate 5
kiw1617.00
AhsanU3829.50
Holset274.00
      10-22-2022, 08:42 PM   #2
Mo_g82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw G82 M4 competition X-drive

Subbing 👀
Appreciate 1
NY1353.00
      10-22-2022, 09:52 PM   #3
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Game changer, if true.
(800hp )

Last edited by GixY2K; 10-22-2022 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 10:03 PM   #4
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Very cool!

But if this means shipping the ECU out to Aulitzky in Germany, it really can't be that far off from the cost of shipping to femto in Finland. The added benefit of BMW not being able to do anything since it's a hardware hack is nice, but I think a lot of people are looking for a less expensive method of flashing a custom tune than anything else. Hopefully they're willing to share their method somehow and yet still make a decent profit off of it.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 10:31 PM   #5
evan103207
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Very cool!

But if this means shipping the ECU out to Aulitzky in Germany, it really can't be that far off from the cost of shipping to femto in Finland. The added benefit of BMW not being able to do anything since it's a hardware hack is nice, but I think a lot of people are looking for a less expensive method of flashing a custom tune than anything else. Hopefully they're willing to share their method somehow and yet still make a decent profit off of it.
https://aulitzkyexhaust.de/Aulitzky-...altung/SW10609

"The vehicle is required on site. It is therefore currently not possible to send in the ECU purely for activation.'

Looks like they need whole vehicle, unfortunate for those stateside.
Appreciate 1
Holset274.00
      10-23-2022, 05:41 AM   #6
toolband66
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 G80

Garage List
This is about 45 min from where I picked my car up. Würzburg. I'm about 6 hours away, I think I might make a trip up to this spot
      10-24-2022, 12:10 AM   #7
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan103207 View Post
Quote:
Very cool!

https://aulitzkyexhaust.de/Aulitzky-...altung/SW10609

"The vehicle is required on site. It is therefore currently not possible to send in the ECU purely for activation.'

Looks like they need whole vehicle, unfortunate for those stateside.

Interesting. I wonder if since the vehicle needs to be there if they could just use teamviewer or other remote program. I bet a lot of us would pay a premium just for that convenience. Myself included.

2018 black sapphire metallic M3CS
Appreciate 1
gemini.m31496.50
      10-24-2022, 01:35 AM   #8
destoyan
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition XDrive

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupreM3_CS View Post
Interesting. I wonder if since the vehicle needs to be there if they could just use teamviewer or other remote program. I bet a lot of us would pay a premium just for that convenience. Myself included.
I don't think so. They don't sell just unlock. They sell the whole package incl. thier maps. I've exchanged emails with them in the past and their team is cool, but not a solution if you are not living near them.
Also unknown is, if their unlock will work with bm3 or mhd. It is unclear what application they use for the custom tune.

As long as there is no OBD-Unlock solution, the way to go is femto. Femto unlocks the DME without Hardware changes (on the bench). As far as I know, he also have OBD-Unlock soltion, but won't share it as long as he is the only one to do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #9
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Not any better than femto based on initial contact when I reached out to them (potentially worse). Not verified, but I heard from someone else they physically crack open the dme to mod it.

There is a failure chance and they expect you to buy the replacement if they fail.

You also have to leave you vehicle with them for 2 weeks.

Hard pass IMO
      10-24-2022, 10:03 AM   #10
markoz28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 340i, BMW 2020 M340i,

This seems like a no go to me. Still waiting for someone to be able to do it local/state side.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 06:15 PM   #11
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by markoz28 View Post
This seems like a no go to me. Still waiting for someone to be able to do it local/state side.
I believe that mission performance has done it however they are worried about it being reverse engineered and stolen. I am waiting for them to finish testing their beta because I believe they will be able to do it remotely

Appreciate 4
vitipr171.00
translux481.00
g80z673.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      11-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #12
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I believe that mission performance has done it however they are worried about it being reverse engineered and stolen. I am waiting for them to finish testing their beta because I believe they will be able to do it remotely
cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Fugazii234.50
      11-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #13
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post
Quote:
That's what I read on here. I went on their website and signed up for it. No sarcasm here.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 01:40 PM   #14
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw m3 comp xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I read on here. I went on their website and signed up for it. No sarcasm here.
I signed up for that too Almost 2 years ago When I had my m340 Couldn't wait anymore so I went and got a g80 Still waiting tho…patience is running out Might have to just do the femto unlock thru bm3 and pay double what a flash should cost
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #15
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrytarg6_m340 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I signed up for that too Almost 2 years ago When I had my m340 Couldn't wait anymore so I went and got a g80 Still waiting tho…patience is running out Might have to just do the femto unlock thru bm3 and pay double what a flash should cost
Could you elaborate on the unlock through bm3? Do they still send it out to femto?

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:19 AM   #16
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could you elaborate on the unlock through bm3? Do they still send it out to femto?
Yes they do They basically do it for you…..either you can bring them your ecu or they will come remove it and then they send it out for you 5-7 days later they come bring you your ecu unlocked and with whatever stage tune you picked While they are there they go over everything with you make sure everything is good and running right….go over the app with you whatever All that with stage 2 tune which is roughly +130hp and +130tq $2300 Look up tristate bm3 But I'm in nj Not sure if there's others out there for other areas…but if your in the ny/nj area they can def help you out
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 08:07 AM   #17
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
ok. cause they probably did what they did to get hype and traffic to their shop. haven't heard anything since their initial announcement, so im gonna say they never had it in the first place
      11-25-2022, 11:47 PM   #18
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes they do They basically do it for you…..either you can bring them your ecu or they will come remove it and then they send it out for you 5-7 days later they come bring you your ecu unlocked and with whatever stage tune you picked While they are there they go over everything with you make sure everything is good and running right….go over the app with you whatever All that with stage 2 tune which is roughly +130hp and +130tq $2300 Look up tristate bm3 But I'm in nj Not sure if there's others out there for other areas…but if your in the ny/nj area they can def help you out
Oh cool. I live in NYC. Do you mind sharing the contact info? Thanks I'm advance

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 12:15 AM   #19
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Oh cool. I live in NYC. Do you mind sharing the contact info? Thanks I'm advance
Another option is through MHD/Pureboost.

Currently, Sumith (@g80_soom on Instragram and on these forums) is pairing with MaximumPSI/BimmerClinic over at Perth Amboy (not too far from NYC) and offering a few packages where MaximumPSI will keep your car safe and stored at their location, will send out your ECU to femto in Finland, have femto unlock the DME, ship it back to MaximumPSI, have MaximumPSI reinstall the unlocked DME, then flash a tune by Pureboost through MHD for your desired fuel. Their highest tier offers fine tuning through dynos which is well worth it as you don't have to dial in anything yourself - they'll do everything for you. So you'll get concrete power numbers on top of a working car without having to worry about much.

I make no money off referring people and am simply passing along info - feel free to reach out to Sumith and he'll provide you with all the details. Next batch is set to go out on Monday, the 28th, I believe.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 12:17 AM   #20
SupreM3_CS
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Currently, Sumith (@g80_soom on Instragram and on these forums) is pairing with MaximumPSI/BimmerClinic over at Perth Amboy (not too far from NYC) and offering a few packages where MaximumPSI will keep your car safe and stored at their location, will send out your ECU to femto in Finland, have femto unlock the DME, ship it back to MaximumPSI, have MaximumPSI reinstall the unlocked DME, then flash a tune by Pureboost through MHD for your desired fuel. Their highest tier offers fine tuning through dynos which is well worth it as you don't have to dial in anything yourself - they'll do everything for you. So you'll get concrete power numbers on top of a working car without having to worry about much.

I make no money off referring people and am simply passing along info - feel free to reach out to Sumith and he'll provide you with all the details. Next batch is set to go out on Monday, the 28th, I believe.
I follow soom. I'll definitely look into that. I saw his dme removal video in 6 minutes? It was awesome. Thank you

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 05:33 AM   #21
M Division
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M24, X6, R34 GTR

The more people that find some way, any way, to unlock the closer we are to a more viable solution then posting ECU's around the world
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #22
Jerrytarg6_m340
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I'm def gonna reach out to him
Appreciate 0