BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-04-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

G83 Order Placed for Military Sales in Germany

Getting back into the M game after selling my 2009 E93 in 2014.

I placed an order today for a likely May 2022 delivery on a G83 through military sales in Germany.

Dravit Gray / Full Tartufo / Red Calipers / Black 826M
- Driving Assistance Package
- Parking Assistance Package
- Executive Package
- Moonlight Soft Top
- M Shadowline lights
- Front Ventilated Seats
- Carbon Fiber Trim
- Laser Headlights
- Wireless Charging (wife wanted)
- M Carbon Exterior

I loved the look of the carbon fiber seats, especially with a convertible, but have had excessive wear to some degree on every BMW that I have owned, so figured that I would avoid the potential for eventual disappointment. I test drove a coupe with the seats and they were nice, but I think that I would get tired out the process of getting in an out the car. Passed on the M Drive Professional as there are no plans to track the car and I had a enough fun on the Autobahn at 155 MPH in my E93, which was military sales purchase on our last assignment here.

I am bit torn on the possibilities of Aventurin Red or Skyscraper Gray, although my wife would prefer Donnington Gray, but I really don't want to add that cost and increase the wait.

The dealer only had models in stock with the Moonlight Soft Top. Any one have any thoughts on the regular black one? Would you just go for the M Drive Professional?

Military sales is a fixed 10% off MSRP (don't hate) so the delta of adding the M Drive is negligible given the total cost.

I don't see myself needing the Carbon Ceramic breaks on a convertible grand tourer.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IG: m3npae - M3C G80

Do you know if prices are locked in? I'm ordering mine through bmw military sales korea and hopefully I can lock in the msrp prior to 2022 msrp increase. That is a sick combo by the way!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 12:51 AM   #3
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlover789 View Post
Do you know if prices are locked in? I'm ordering mine through bmw military sales korea and hopefully I can lock in the msrp prior to 2022 msrp increase. That is a sick combo by the way!
My sales associates stated that once the order was in, the price was locked. Of course if any options become limited, then that can affect the order. The wireless charging tray had become unavailable for a few a weeks, but then "came back".

I can adjust or even cancel the order prior to the start of production.

Good luck with your build!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #4
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you for the heads up! I will confirm with my sales guy here at BMW Military Korea. I am just ordering a regular G80 in BG and Fiona red and my budget is under 70k with discount (comes out to 68k)! For me, I am happy with laser lights, CF trim, shadow, and vent seats. Planning on using the remaining budget for sound upgrades (midpipe etc) and cf inlets. I think you should look into skyscraper grey (as its most similar to DG) and there was another gentlemen in Germany that ordered that on another military sales thread. I would pass on the m-professional and other items that you might not use and use it for cosmetic upgrades since you have a convertible to show off the beautiful interior such as the DRY CARBON SEAT BACK COVER. I rather lock in my price and get the 50 year emblem later 100%. Just got a GS gig in Korea and it took over 3 weeks to mail in my check for production deposit!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 01:38 PM   #5
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

In a perfect world, I could get a RWD, manual transmission convertible. I was tempted to get a base sedan, although it was a case of settling for a body style with the transmission that I wanted or setting for the transmission in the body style that I wanted. The delta in price was significant, but I want a convertible.

My winter car will be a US spec 2007 X3 with a manual, so I can at have some fun there.

My wife has a loaded out 2020 X5 that we could not replicate today, given all of the restrictions on equipment, so we decided to load this one out as we the "overlap" features are desired. Each package has one or two things that we want, so we opted to get them, but the choice was much easier on the X5 build.

I doubt that I will do anything to mod the exhaust as the German rules are rather constrictive on exhaust noise. It is probably "safer" to leave it stock.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #6
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep

I wish i could own 2 cars... Mine has to be a daily as we are only authorized one pov.. Confirmed with my CA in korea, I believe it's the same program. I am able to lock in the price which is amazing. Roughly 2 to 3k price increase in 2022 based on other thread!

I think if you want the manual it's better to go with the g80/82... We can always have convertibles but this is probably one of the last manuals in our life time.. 😅 As ev is taking over...

주문을 넣을 당시에 해당되는 가격표를 바탕으로 가격이 결정됩니다. 종전에 싸인하신 계약서 이후에 새로 업데이트된 항목이 있는지 확인 후 새로운 계약서를 박성할 예정이며, 체크가 도착하는 대로 주문 입력하도록 하겠습니다.
감사합니다.

Edit

Maybe get euro friendly pipes?

Last edited by mlover789; 12-05-2021 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #7
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep

I was torn with the body style choice and do believe that this will be the last series with a manual.

In the end, the convertible was preferred, so it got the nod. While not on the same level, my 2007 X3 is a unicorn US spec manual and offers some fun with straight 6. If I unplug the transfer case and put it in RWD, the fun can increase.

Fortunately in Germany we get three POVs, with more possible with an ETP. I am four now, so may cull the fleet rather than running five. USAA would love that insurance bill.....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #8
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm maybe try a local insurance company in country. My friend switched from usaa to axa korea for his cayenne and is saving a ton! Just locked in my order and price. Sold my base m3 here in Cali for 83k and got 12k net profit! It was 74k msrp. I'm excited to pick this bad boy for 68k.

M3c regular bg with fiona
Laser lights, m shadow lights, vent seats, and Cf trim is all I added... No need anything else... No need any assistance in driving or parking... 🤣 Or a hud. Definitely getting aftermarket Cf inlets, lip, and maybe seat covers. Now to wait... Like 6 months.. 😭
Appreciate 0