08-28-2022, 10:13 AM   #45
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
It sounds good but I really wish you didn't need to cut the stock exhaust or had an option not to. I'm waiting for more videos. Price is good and sounds good and made in America.

For $700 more you can get the r44 which is full titanium and includes secondary cat delete so you can just bolt it on easily. I'm not sure if it sounds better there's no good videos or reviews. If someone has one please post. Also r44 seems like a new company with questionable customer service from what I've seen here. Also no idea if they make the exhaust in UK or outsource and slap a label on them.

It's the cheapest titanium, valvetronic pipes don't fit and rust.Akrapovic is like $10,000, more than double the price.
In 90% of cases you're cutting up the stock exhaust. It's really NBD because even MPE requires you to cut it up. AWE is the only system I've heard that truly produces no rasp. Really excited to hear how it sounds with high flow catted DPs.
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-28-2022, 10:40 AM   #46
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakratis View Post
In 90% of cases you're cutting up the stock exhaust. It's really NBD because even MPE requires you to cut it up. AWE is the only system I've heard that truly produces no rasp. Really excited to hear how it sounds with high flow catted DPs.
Eisenmann does not have rasp either, but then the question is, whats the difference between the two because one is $3,000 and the other one is $5,000 or $8,000. They are both stainless steel, are you just paying for "art" and a prestigious name?

Appreciate 2
      08-28-2022, 01:14 PM   #47
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Eisenmann does not have rasp either, but then the question is, whats the difference between the two because one is $3,000 and the other one is $5,000 or $8,000. They are both stainless steel, are you just paying for "art" and a prestigious name?

Eisenmann is made in DE so perhaps there's some import costs which crank the price as well. But yeah until I actually get my AWE I don't actually know, it's likely going to be brand and perhaps looks. The AWE Switchback doesn't look bad though, and I prefer the the full diamond black tips versus the black tip covers of the Eisenmann.
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-28-2022, 02:09 PM   #48
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4c vert

Garage List
Quote:
It sounds good but I really wish you didn't need to cut the stock exhaust or had an option not to. I'm waiting for more videos. Price is good and sounds good and made in America.

For $700 more you can get the r44 which is full titanium and includes secondary cat delete so you can just bolt it on easily. I'm not sure if it sounds better there's no good videos or reviews. If someone has one please post. Also r44 seems like a new company with questionable customer service from what I've seen here. Also no idea if they make the exhaust in UK or outsource and slap a label on them.

It's the cheapest titanium, valvetronic pipes don't fit and rust.Akrapovic is like $10,000, more than double the price.
I have the R44 - hard to capture sound on video that's representative, but I'm totally happy with it. Paired with a vsc2 set to full open. Lots and lots of burbles.

Its definitely not a generic piece that's been re branded (like some others that are straight off Ali) but no clue where it's made.

You're right, their customer service is a bit off. Been waiting for my rear spoiler for over 2 months, now on the third failed promised delivery time frame - frustrating. The exhaust itself took ages to get as well.
Appreciate 2
Nkr151123.50
      08-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #49
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktif8 View Post
I have the R44 - hard to capture sound on video that's representative, but I'm totally happy with it. Paired with a vsc2 set to full open. Lots and lots of burbles.

Its definitely not a generic piece that's been re branded (like some others that are straight off Ali) but no clue where it's made.

You're right, their customer service is a bit off. Been waiting for my rear spoiler for over 2 months, now on the third failed promised delivery time frame - frustrating. The exhaust itself took ages to get as well.
Thanks for the input, does it drone at all? how loud would you say it is compared to AWE?

Yeah my biggest fear is the customer service, some people in the downpipes thread have even said they are a fraudulent company. It's $4,000 compared to akrapovic which has the same material for $10,000. Actually R44 seems to be selling a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and they just brand them as MHC so I have concerns. I've asked them multiple times about where the exhaust is made and have been ignored each time.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #50
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4c vert

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the input, does it drone at all? how loud would you say it is compared to AWE?

Yeah my biggest fear is the customer service, some people in the downpipes thread have even said they are a fraudulent company. It's $4,000 compared to akrapovic which has the same material for $10,000. Actually R44 seems to be selling a bunch of stuff from Aliexpress and they just brand them as MHC so I have concerns. I've asked them multiple times about where the exhaust is made and have been ignored each time.
My drone tolerance is really high - I had an awe track system on my macan, and a supersprint turbo back on my Abarth - and I also have a vert that I haven't really driven any distance with the top up yet. So, I haven't noticed any, but that's TBD.

My vsc2 is set to open, so theoretically this is a straight pipe system, but I think the volume is eminently reasonable. Definitely a bit more quiet than my awe track on the macan (on cold start, my wife insisted it shook the entire house, ha.) I actually find myself wishing it were slightly louder, but I'm not too interested in doing DPs - I've always found them to be too challenging with cels and inspections.

For a dd, I think it's a perfect system, and can recommend it unreservedly. I suspect it's China made, but it's not one that I've found anyone else on the market offering, and 4k for a full titanium is reasonable compared to akrapovic.

I totally understand people calling R44 scammy. I don't think they are, but they just don't communicate well, and overpromise and underdeliver, when it should be the opposite (their downpipe debacle, my wait for a spoiler, etc.)..
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #51
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Eisenmann is made in DE so perhaps there's some import costs which crank the price as well. But yeah until I actually get my AWE I don't actually know, it's likely going to be brand and perhaps looks. The AWE Switchback doesn't look bad though, and I prefer the the full diamond black tips versus the black tip covers of the Eisenmann.
So I found these videos, not sure if you've seen them:

He installed the AWE but thought it was too quiet, it sounds kind of quiet to me too but its YouTube.

And then he added MADD downpipes and now thinks its too loud and sounds like a cow?

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 07:39 PM   #52
flsupraguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Regardless of cost this may be the best option https://youtu.be/_8_PyKTz2a0
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 08:42 PM   #53
iPay2Play
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

I'm really liking the sound clips I've heard of the AWE system and think that's the way I'm going to go. I'm coming from the American sports car world and have always ran Borla exhaust on all my cars. I was hoping that would have an exhaust system for our cars by now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 09:03 PM   #54
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So I found these videos, not sure if you've seen them:

He installed the AWE but thought it was too quiet, it sounds kind of quiet to me too but its YouTube.
Yeah totally it depends what you're looking for. I'm personally trying to eliminate as much rasp as I can while staying a little rowdy. I don't think we'll know how it truly sounds without hearing it in person. IMO the AWE sounds more sophisticated than Valvetronic.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 10:40 PM   #55
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

Been looking at exhausts for a few months now. Was dead set on Valvetronics but was waiting until AWE released theirs before making a decision.

Quite honestly, I was not super impressed with the AWE exhaust, but a lot of social media/youtube influencers got it and just seem to be hyping it up. Sound is subjective at the end of the day, so I can't knock on anybody if they liked the way it sounds.

I ran into this video the other day:

I have no clue if the sound on this was edited, but I really like the tone of the TFL Italy exhaust. Ordered mine on Saturday from Supreme Power in California. It's not cheap for being a stainless steel exhaust, but hopefully it ships within the next week or two and I get to hear it in person after getting it installed.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 11:51 PM   #56
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah totally it depends what you're looking for. I'm personally trying to eliminate as much rasp as I can while staying a little rowdy. I don't think we'll know how it truly sounds without hearing it in person. IMO the AWE sounds more sophisticated than Valvetronic.
Yeah AWE sounds more sophisticated I agree, the guy in the video said its for "adults". I really wish there was a video for the Eisenmann race version if that one doesnt sound very good it makes my decision alot easier. Valvetronic exhaust pipes dont fit properly and rust along with poor customer service apparently so I never considered them.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 07:41 AM   #57
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

I’ve been on the hunt for an exhaust set up for a year now and still always return to FISH22 set up with either PSI mid or SS mid paired with m performance exhaust. What’s nice about the SS mid its meant to pair directly to m performance exhaust and has different options ie twin pipe and J pipe, resonated or not etc..

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1926457

Last edited by 4DRS55; 08-29-2022 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
FISH225402.50
      08-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #58
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPay2Play View Post
I'm really liking the sound clips I've heard of the AWE system and think that's the way I'm going to go. I'm coming from the American sports car world and have always ran Borla exhaust on all my cars. I was hoping that would have an exhaust system for our cars by now.
Let us know which system you end up choosing

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 10:24 AM   #59
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
I've been on the hunt for an exhaust set up for a year now and still always return to FISH22 set up with either PSI mid or SS mid paired with m performance exhaust. What's nice about the SS mid its meant to pair directly to m performance exhaust and have many different options ie twin pipe and J pipe, resonated or not etc..

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1926457
There's also this one, but it's not titanium and it's probably cheaper since it's the full system instead of chunks

https://www.fi-exhaust.com/web/produ...D1657179485294

Also this one never heard of this company though so not sure about quality:

Appreciate 2
4DRS551254.50
FISH225402.50
      08-29-2022, 10:59 AM   #60
unagedluxury
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp xDrive X82

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah AWE sounds more sophisticated I agree, the guy in the video said its for "adults". I really wish there was a video for the Eisenmann race version if that one doesnt sound very good it makes my decision alot easier. Valvetronic exhaust pipes dont fit properly and rust along with poor customer service apparently so I never considered them.
Quote:
Quote:
Would this be a comparison ? I can't find anyone that's done race exhaust on g82.

Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #61
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 bmw m4

Check out this product on Alibaba App titanium alloy exhaust system for BMW M3 M4 G80 G82 2021 3.0T exhaust catback https://m.alibaba.com/product/160042...D&from=IOS

i found these , but they kinda look like the valvetronic one , they asking 1000$ for 304 stainless and 1500$ for titanium, are they the same manufacture , i just asked them out of curiosity ?
Appreciate 2
anakratis644.50
FrankieNuo1219.00
      08-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #62
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagedluxury View Post

Would this be a comparison ? I can't find anyone that's done race exhaust on g82.

I've seen this one too, I'm not sure if it's comparable. What did you think of the sound? I actually don't mind it sounds unique (which it better for $8,000). I just saw the kies video for the AWE and it sounds a bit louder than stock, so now I am leaning this way again.

Here is another video they uploaded I am guessing it is the full system. Wish it was outside to eliminate echos though.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 05:42 PM   #63
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've seen this one too, I'm not sure if it's comparable. What did you think of the sound? I actually don't mind it sounds unique (which it better for $8,000). I just saw the kies video for the AWE and it sounds a bit louder than stock, so now I am leaning this way again.

Here is another video they uploaded I am guessing it is the full system. Wish it was outside to eliminate echos though.
Haha ngl that first video (1 minute long)...during start-up the mic artifacts make it sound like a legit 2080 hovercraft. I like these on the X3M yeah...but I'm pretty much convinced on the AWE + res delete. It does a very good job of being loud but not obnoxious or raspy.
Appreciate 1
Nkr151123.50
      08-29-2022, 06:16 PM   #64
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha ngl that first video (1 minute long)...during start-up the mic artifacts make it sound like a legit 2080 hovercraft. I like these on the X3M yeah...but I'm pretty much convinced on the AWE + res delete. It does a very good job of being loud but not obnoxious or raspy.
Yeah AWE is good but it isn't doing it for me in terms of loudness, I am convinced it's because of the 2nd cats. If you watch some akrapovic videos with the evolution set vs American you can tell how much the sound is lowered.

The fabspeed exhaust is bolt on and basically costs the same as awe and they even have a package deal for full turbo back (they are also made in America and come with a warranty) but I think it's kind of raspy otherwise it checks all the boxes:

Appreciate 1
anakratis644.50
      08-29-2022, 06:32 PM   #65
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah AWE is good but it isn't doing it for me in terms of loudness, I am convinced it's because of the 2nd cats. If you watch some akrapovic videos with the evolution set vs American you can tell how much the sound is lowered.

The fabspeed exhaust is bolt on and basically costs the same as awe and they even have a package deal for full turbo back (they are also made in America and come with a warranty) but I think it's kind of raspy otherwise it checks all the boxes:
I'm with you here—Fabspeed sounds great, but this will end up being a decision based on personal preference. The crackles are too obnoxious for my ears (at 2:00):

Just a little too raspy for me, personally. Need to hear the AWE irl I think. Also, where are you seeing the Fabspeed exhaust at the same price? The full system which deletes the cat + resonators is nearing 5k USD. You'd probably be able to achieve similar sound by deleting the secondary cat yourself after the AWE midpipe.

Last edited by anakratis; 08-29-2022 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:58 PM   #66
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm with you here—Fabspeed sounds great, but this will end up being a decision based on personal preference. The crackles are too obnoxious for my ears (at 2:00):

Just a little too raspy for me, personally. Need to hear the AWE irl I think. Also, where are you seeing the Fabspeed exhaust at the same price? The full system which deletes the cat + resonators is nearing 5k USD. You'd probably be able to achieve similar sound by deleting the secondary cat yourself after the AWE midpipe.
I agree with you 100%. Fabspeed has ease of installation and you can even buy downpipes if needed. The only issue which is basically why we get exhausts, it doesn't sound as good as AWE and I guess eisenmann race. Too much rasp and crackling, the turbo back video is insanely loud. My apologies when you search G80 on fabspeed.com it still showed the F80 exhaust and I thought it was $4,000 for G80.Even $4,700 isn't bad for a good product but if AWE with 2nd cat delete gets us there then that's even better. I'm just annoyed that I wouldn't be able to jack up my car and do it in my own driveway, but fabspeed and eisenmann you could.
Appreciate 0