BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-28-2024, 07:00 PM   #1
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

I bought this module and it works as intended to delete the CEL from removing my OPF’s with the AA midpipe, however I’m unsure if the valve control function is working.

During driving, I can hardly tell the difference between valves opened and valves closed in comfort. The sound is negligible. Same for sports mode, except I get a few burbles.

However, when I’m parked up and idle in neutral, I can tell a big difference in sound from the exhaust whilst revving between toggling exhaust button on and off… it’s quite a bit louder when revving when I turn on the exhaust button compared to having the button off.

I can also turn the valves off when I cold start the car which signifcantly reduces engine sound, however I’m unsure if could’ve done this without the valve controller pre installation as I didn’t test it.

What I’m more worried about is that during driving, the valves are acting in factory mode and only opening during certain rev ranges?

Also, I’ve noticed that if I’m in M1 mode I.e sports mode and I try to shut the valves via the exhaust button, the car disables sports mode and puts me back in comfort.

I previously had the awron gauge on my f82 and if I wanted to drive in sports mode with valves shut it let me… this is another reason I feel the valve functionality may not be working correctly for the Leib on my g80.

Would appreciate some thoughts.
Appreciate 0