home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT BG/FR

BM3 Engine Mount Flex Fuel Kit

Okay guys I’m at a loss. The only write up/video for the engine mount kit is on the B58 in the A90 Supra. According to this video, I remove the fitting from the inlet on the fuel pump, disconnect the hard fuel line, replace with the flexible line included in the kit and connect the sensor between the factory flex line and the flex line I just connected. EZPZ.

Except, as you know our S58 has two fuel pumps, and where the instructions say to remove the line, we have a splitter that feeds both the fuel pumps. I’m kinda starting to wonder if maybe they sent me the wrong kit and the S58 configuration should be connected on the fuel line side next to the DME with two new flex hoses.

Any insight is much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
markoz28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 340i, BMW 2020 M340i,

I’m not familiar with the BM3 kit but the Fuel It E sensor connects between the hard line close to the ECU. Took me about 20min total to install.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:47 PM   #3
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoz28 View Post
I’m not familiar with the BM3 kit but the Fuel It E sensor connects between the hard line close to the ECU. Took me about 20min total to install.
I have a feeling that I could make this work that way. I feel like the included quick connect lines will work with the factory connector, but that’s not how the write ups are showing it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 04:55 AM   #4
kmsalsuwaidi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 21 M3

hotsauce_bukkake I was wondering if were you able to figure it out as I am in the same situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 06:53 AM   #5
TURBODAN4
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Looking for insight on this too. You're supposed to just not use the fitting provided but seems like a lot of extra fuel line since the sensor assembly is pretty big. Would love to see photos of the kit installed if anyone has any.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 07:04 AM   #6
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsalsuwaidi View Post
hotsauce_bukkake I was wondering if were you able to figure it out as I am in the same situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBODAN4 View Post
Looking for insight on this too. You're supposed to just not use the fitting provided but seems like a lot of extra fuel line since the sensor assembly is pretty big. Would love to see photos of the kit installed if anyone has any.

Yes, you disconnect your flexible fuel line near the firewall and from the hard fuel line located near your DME.

Using the supplied flex hose, connect it to the short side of the sensor, the opposite side from the BM3 logo. Connect the flex hose to the hard fuel line next to DME.

Using the factory flex hose, connect to the sensor on the BM3 logo side, then connect to hardline near the firewall.

You don’t need to go all the way to the fuel pumps.

Hope that’s clear enough for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 05:15 PM   #7
TURBODAN4
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce_bukkake View Post
Yes, you disconnect your flexible fuel line near the firewall and from the hard fuel line located near your DME.

Using the supplied flex hose, connect it to the short side of the sensor, the opposite side from the BM3 logo. Connect the flex hose to the hard fuel line next to DME.

Using the factory flex hose, connect to the sensor on the BM3 logo side, then connect to hardline near the firewall.

You don’t need to go all the way to the fuel pumps.

Hope that’s clear enough for you guys.
Yes, the connection part is more than clear but you guys are looping the fuel line around so you can stuff it in there? Doesn’t seem clean and don’t like potential kinks in the fuel line. If that’s true it is what it is but that’s why I’m curious to see some photos of how others have installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 05:16 PM   #8
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the connection part is more than clear but you guys are looping the fuel line around so you can stuff it in there? Doesn’t seem clean and don’t like potential kinks in the fuel line. If that’s true it is what it is but that’s why I’m curious to see some photos of how others have installed.
Manage that how you want. You don’t see it with the engine cover on and you’re definitely not gonna kink that flex hose with pressure on the line.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 05:17 PM   #9
TURBODAN4
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Manage that how you want. You don’t see it with the engine cover on and you’re definitely not gonna kink that flex hose with pressure on the line.
Fair enough. Just OCD with my installs but if that’s how it needs to be then is what it is. Thanks for confirming.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 05:33 AM   #10
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough. Just OCD with my installs but if that’s how it needs to be then is what it is. Thanks for confirming.
I understand completely, I'm the same way. I wasn't thrilled with having it looped, but I just made sure it wasn't rubbing or resting on anything hot and reassembled. It truly is unnoticeable as long as you run a cover.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 08:10 AM   #11
TURBODAN4
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I understand completely, I'm the same way. I wasn't thrilled with having it looped, but I just made sure it wasn't rubbing or resting on anything hot and reassembled. It truly is unnoticeable as long as you run a cover.
Thanks again. I’m researching a line solution for something cleaner and I’ll update if I find something good.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 01:23 PM   #12
JTsM3
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Okay guys I’m at a loss. The only write up/video for the engine mount kit is on the B58 in the A90 Supra. According to this video, I remove the fitting from the inlet on the fuel pump, disconnect the hard fuel line, replace with the flexible line included in the kit and connect the sensor between the factory flex line and the flex line I just connected. EZPZ.

Except, as you know our S58 has two fuel pumps, and where the instructions say to remove the line, we have a splitter that feeds both the fuel pumps. I’m kinda starting to wonder if maybe they sent me the wrong kit and the S58 configuration should be connected on the fuel line side next to the DME with two new flex hoses.

Any insight is much appreciated.
I had the exact same questions. Please see my solution on another thread.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=111
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:01 PM   #13
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsM3 View Post
I had the exact same questions. Please see my solution on another thread.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=111
I appreciate the response, just about 4 months too late 😂
Appreciate 0