BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

Closed Thread

10-25-2020, 01:26 AM   #265
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Good God is there really a need for that embossed logo all over the interior surfaces of the car? As if KITH doesn't appear enough times on the outside of the car already.

Overboard.
I have my own New York based Premium Lifestyle Brand as well, BUT I would've executed it in a cooler 😎 sleeker way, but hey at least they got the exterior paint choices right.

😝, you also get to have the Kith logos impression eventually all over your right elbow and forearm after a while, perhaps that was the idea. LOL

I guess I'll just have to settle for taking credit for the factory satin Frozen Black paint and the M xDrive Concepts! Thanks BMW. 😏
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #266
Spider.
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 Competition

Beware of resellers selling fake Kith M4's!
Appreciate 2
HotRodM4672.00
      10-25-2020, 02:02 AM   #267
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABenChod View Post
Cringe. I thought the ///M heritage edition was gimmicky until I saw this shit!
Didn't even know there was such a thing as a current "Heritage Edition" until I saw this in the showroom the other day. Not sure what makes it "Heritage" besides the three stripes on the roof if that, but it was tastefully done. The satin gunmetal rims were nice. I'll take the body styling of the outgoing M4 model any-day over the new one!
Attached Images

Last edited by DCG; 10-25-2020 at 02:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
HotRodM4672.00
      10-25-2020, 06:59 AM   #268
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Well this is weird.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #269
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Everyone in this thread has competing thoughts and opinions and no one is right/wrong but I think what many people here are failing to grasp and understand is this sort of collaboration has always been part of the BMW Group. This partnership and collaboration goes beyond sales.

BMW Group, outside of designing, manufacturing and selling cars, has a group of people dedicated to branching out and integrating with different cultures whether it be music, jazz, art. This Kith collaboration is no different - whether or not people agree with it or not, this type of street, hypebeast culture or whatever you want to call it, is popular now and to BMW, they think it's important branch out to.

So back to your original comment, can this be seen as BMW trying to generate some sales? Sure. But is this evidence of BMW lacking identity and selling out? Absolutely not because BMW has always participated in this type of thing whether it's the BMW Art Cars or supporting and hosting Jazz and Art and Opera events at the Welt - cultural engagement is a very big thing for BMW and is outlined as part of their business responsibilities.
Yes, and I'm familiar with those things. It's the entire picture now -- Kith edition, M3/M4 design direction, release promos, M Performance parts, curb weight, gimmicky tech, etc.

We'll all view through an individual lens. There is no way to reconcile with the late 90's, early 00's brand that engaged me. They have sold out on their defining principles.

Looks like an unforced business error from where I sit, a pretty comprehensive abandonment of a seriously loyal customer base decades in the making, but we'll see.

Appreciate 4
      10-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #270
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Wait, this was for people to actually buy? :

I thought it was a one-off collaboration as a launch promotion for the G80 but the expectation is people will pay a $40,000 premium for it?

I can't see which M3 enthusiast will buy this. I'm trying so hard to stay loyal to the ///M brand but it's becoming increasingly difficult.
No M3 enthusiast will buy it ... but a Kith (insert mike Tyson meme) enthusiast may? I've never heard of kith so it won't be me ....

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #271
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
$110k???

Hard pass due to much better cars in that price range.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #272
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

Pass or not, I believe all 150 pre-orders sold out on the first day.
      10-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #273
Avaley
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
Pass or not, I believe all 150 pre-orders sold out on the first day.
I hope the car sells well as I love the Company, but as a potential buyer i'm a bit surprised as to how positive the unconfirmed datapoints of sales latest generation have been.

As much crying that happens on the forums here, actual sales datapoints will tell the true story and the upset will still only be focused on the grille.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #274
Avaley
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Exclusivity and appearance this car is pure want, but you could almost buy a new G20 330i and get the base G82 M4 Comp for the sticker of this car.

Last edited by Avaley; 10-25-2020 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 12:11 PM   #275
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Looks exactly like a guy named Kith paid a fortune to have his name all over the car...
I guess that everyone will ask the owner who is Kith...?
Or is his name Keith?🤣🤣

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2706.00
      10-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #276
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Wait, this was for people to actually buy? :

I thought it was a one-off collaboration as a launch promotion for the G80 but the expectation is people will pay a $40,000 premium for it?

I can't see which M3 enthusiast will buy this. I'm trying so hard to stay loyal to the ///M brand but it's becoming increasingly difficult.
No M3 enthusiast will buy it ... but a Kith (insert mike Tyson meme) enthusiast may? I've never heard of kith so it won't be me ....
Lol. Ditto.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #277
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

I'm holding out for the Peppa Pig edition.
      10-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #278
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Maybe they'll come out with a Debbie Downer collaboration for all of the haters.
Nah. Just wondering why the huge decal on the roof and the $40K price tag that's all.
Why shouldn't we be excited about the creative efforts being made? Will they all work for everyone? No. However, these will likely lead to cool things that different folks may love. They are called lifestyle offerings. People have different lifestyles. In short, think about and maybe even support where these efforts can lead, even is you don't like this one effort.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #279
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe they'll come out with a Debbie Downer collaboration for all of the haters.
Nah. Just wondering why the huge decal on the roof and the $40K price tag that's all.
Why shouldn't we be excited about the creative efforts being made? Will they all work for everyone? No. However, these will likely lead to cool things that different folks may love. They are called lifestyle offerings. People have different lifestyles. In short, think about and maybe even support where these efforts can lead, even is you don't like this one effort.
I'm not one to condone participation trophies.

Just like you like it, and support it, I don't like it and don't support it.

Remove the roof decal and gaudy ///Kith badge and it might have potential.
      10-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #280
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberoptik View Post
Still doubt it would sell a lot to SUPREME customer base with the price tag of $102,000 lol
isn't the supreme demo the ones that pay crazy amount of money for a t shirt just bc it says supreme? maybe they will for a car also?
Exactly!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10716.50
      10-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #281
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not a fan of this particular venture, but I see how this could lead to some cool things. Open your mind and read what's written. Not sure where you got a participation trophy out of this. BMW will sell all of these for the premium. Do/would you tell your kids to try something new even if it fails or not try at all for fear of failure?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #282
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not a fan of this particular venture, but I see how this could lead to some cool things. Open your mind and read what's written. Not sure where you got a participation trophy out of this. BMW will sell all of these for the premium. Do/would you tell your kids to try something new even if it fails or not try at all for fear of failure?
The market is telling BMW not to put huge gaudy decals on the roof of M3s. BMW should listen, iterate, and make a better collaboration next time.

Without proper feedback this won't happen. No need to give participation trophies for the sake "expression". This is not a pre-K paint by a 3 year old where we should be encouraging free expression. This is a product by a Billion dollar multi-national corporation where the majority of the potential customers are not engaging with this direction.

They should listen and react.
      10-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #283
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

The fuck is kith?!

P.S. Yes I googled it and it's dumb AF.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #284
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
The market is telling BMW not to put huge gaudy decals on the roof of M3s. BMW should listen, iterate, and make a better collaboration next time.

Without proper feedback this won't happen. No need to give participation trophies for the sake "expression". This is not a pre-K paint by a 3 year old where we should be encouraging free expression. This is a product by a Billion dollar multi-national corporation where the majority of the potential customers are not engaging with this direction.

I'm assuming by market, you're referring to car people, but that market you're referring to is not the same market BMW is doing this for - this was never meant to be for the mass majority like the actual special editions BMW does themselves.

The mass majority can kick and scream, but they're doing it in an empty room where no one is listening because this collaboration was never meant to satisfy the car enthusiast or the mass majority who closely follows BMW.

Personally, I don't see what the huge issue is with the collaboration. I would never buy it but I can appreciate the efforts BMW puts in to branching out to different cultures and reaching out to different people. You will never see this with Audi or Mercedes, or at least to the extent that BMW does and that's why I don't have the same attraction I do with those brands than I do with BMW. That's not to say I value BMW's cultural outreach more than their actual cars but it adds to the ownership of a BMW.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 10-25-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #285
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Pairing with a "lifestyle" brand, WTF . What about pairing with something motorsport for an ///M car
This.....

The car hasn't even hit the streets yet, however this hasn't stopped the onslaught of variants soon to flood the market. The F8X platform was a precursor to this and it will be clear that the continued focus is away from what made this brand great. Racing heritage and Motorsport derived cars that have now become associated with lifestyle products for the masses. When is the planned KUWTK edition planned for released? Shame on you BMW. Not only have you diluted your product line but your insistence on pushing an already botched design of an icon with the aid of a lifestyle brand is in my opinion quite tasteless.

Sorry, but BMW has lost my interest in their direction.
It's sad, but BMW has lost what made the //M brand what it was.

Everyone else caught up and surpassed them in driving dynamics.

They have no choice but to switch direction.

I've been done with BMW for awhile now. It's all about Porsche GT4 and the upcoming C8 Z06 now.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #286
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Quote:

I'm assuming by market, you're referring to car people, but that market you're referring to is not the same market BMW is doing this for - this was never meant to be for the mass majority like the actual special editions BMW does themselves.

The mass majority can kick and scream, but they're doing it in an empty room where no one is listening because this collaboration was never meant to satisfy the car enthusiast or the mass majority who closely follows BMW.

Personally, I don't see what the huge issue is with the collaboration. I would never buy it but I can appreciate the efforts BMW puts in to branching out to different cultures and reaching out to different people. You will never see this with Audi or Mercedes, or at least to the extent that BMW does and that's why I don't have the same attraction I do with those brands than I do with BMW. That's not to say I value BMW's cultural outreach more than their actual cars but it adds to the ownership of a BMW.
The collaboration is not the issue. That's not the argument. I own a technology brand and we target streetwear aggressively. My specific issue is with the style of the collaboration. Kith E30 M3 was flawless. Why not carry the same styling to the G80? It's no choosing Kith/Supreme/or any other streetwear brand. It's the specific design direction that I'm objecting to.
Closed Thread