Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro GD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Hugely appreciate the photos but does anyone else smell a BMW plant here... join date of today (but aware of the need for manual confirmation)... we get only the angle we need to confirm the manual (3 pedals) but the full interior layout remains hidden...

Seems they are working overtime to smooth ruffled feathers?
You are spot on. If these pics were taken by one of "us", we would've taken a ton of photos. We would have taken pics of the shifter, the interior, surely tried to get better grill photos, and probably would have been all up in the wheels and brakes too.
I was in a hurry and when I was going to take another photo of the front grill, the engineers who where driving the car tried to take my phone and threatened to hit me
I also didn't photograph the gear lever because it was covered, same as the seats. It was de only car that had the steering wheel and pedals uncovered
They threatened to hit you? Wow. Kinda turns me off to the M brand a little. If they are that worried about some leaked photos they should park it inside.
Don't buy into that, this is sounding more and more like a "story". Great to get confirm on the MT but let's leave it at that now and move on, nothing else worthwhile to see here.
I was baiting to see if they would backpedal and say "I mean they ended up being really nice and weren't actually going to hit me, BMW M is very nice group of people". ... but you ruined it haha jk. I do feel like higher ups wouldn't be happy about the claim of their people being violent or making threats of physical harm to protect their mule. Either it IS a higher up and they don't care or the intern is gonna get scolded of course there is tons of speculation and who really knows/cares but that does appear to be a 3rd pedal which DOES matter!

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:58 AM   #46
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hugely appreciate the photos but does anyone else smell a BMW plant here... join date of today (but aware of the need for manual confirmation)... we get only the angle we need to confirm the manual (3 pedals) but the full interior layout remains hidden...

You are spot on. If these pics were taken by one of "us", we would've taken a ton of photos. We would have taken pics of the shifter, the interior, surely tried to get better grill photos, and probably would have been all up in the wheels and brakes too.
I was in a hurry and when I was going to take another photo of the front grill, the engineers who where driving the car tried to take my phone and threatened to hit me
I also didn't photograph the gear lever because it was covered, same as the seats. It was de only car that had the steering wheel and pedals uncovered
You should've told them that you are UFC fighter and let try to take that phone away or even hit you
AD18347.50
M 4EVER191.00
      07-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm! No! From someone who works in law enforcement, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you could have had one or both of those men arrested for assault and battery; also theft (...or robbery had they taken your phone by force and by instilling fear of immediate harm or injury). There is NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY in public, nor could someone expect privacy having a car parked in a public place on public streets. It's for that reason that the mules are dressed up the way that they are. We have pictures of mules while the driver is still in them (...along with various interior pictures, etc), so you expect me/us to believe this far fetched story?!?! Just admit that you're associated with BMW in some way, shape or form, and cease with the shenanigans.

Thank you for the MT confirmation.

edit @ 21:17 hours: I didn't notice that the OP was from Spain, so disregard the legal argument within my post.

I still think he's associated with BMW however.
Appreciate 2
      07-31-2019, 07:01 PM   #48
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Ummm! No! From someone who works in law enforcement, I can tell you with 100% certainty that you could have had one or both of those men arrested for assault and battery; also theft (...or robbery had they taken your phone by force and by instilling fear of immediate harm or injury). There is NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY in public, nor could someone expect privacy having a car parked in a public place on public streets. It's for that reason that the mules are dressed up the way that they are. We have pictures of mules while the driver is still in them (...along with various interior pictures, etc), so you expect me/us to believe this far fetched story?!?! Just admit that you're associated with BMW in some way, shape or form, and cease with the shenanigans.

I've liked and respected your posts, but you're way off base here. Did you not notice that the OP is from Madrid, Spain? This is another country and your law enforcement experience is almost completely irrelevant here. I've had experiences in other countries that simply would not happen in the U.S. and it's a mistake to think that things work in other countries the same as they do in the U.S.

I also don't understand the skepticism being shown here. I think that you need to give everyone's posts the benefit of doubt, but a lot of people here are condemning the OP for no other reason that he didn't take the pictures that they thought he should take. You weren't there! You don't know that you would have done any better! What does the OP have to gain, bragging rights on some anonymous car forum with a few thousand subscribers? Big frickin' deal! Some people are way too paranoid and skeptical. Please, take off the tin foil hat. Probably a sign of our times that everything is seen as "fake news".

Appreciate 4
      07-31-2019, 11:16 PM   #49
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:

I've liked and respected your posts, but you're way off base here. Did you not notice that the OP is from Madrid, Spain? This is another country and your law enforcement experience is almost completely irrelevant here. I've had experiences in other countries that simply would not happen in the U.S. and it's a mistake to think that things work in other countries the same as they do in the U.S.

I also don't understand the skepticism being shown here. I think that you need to give everyone's posts the benefit of doubt, but a lot of people here are condemning the OP for no other reason that he didn't take the pictures that they thought he should take. You weren't there! You don't know that you would have done any better! What does the OP have to gain, bragging rights on some anonymous car forum with a few thousand subscribers? Big frickin' deal! Some people are way too paranoid and skeptical. Please, take off the tin foil hat. Probably a sign of our times that everything is seen as "fake news".
No I didn't notice, so that was my bad.
Appreciate 2
SD ///M42992.00
      08-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #50
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

My tinfoil hat tells me the below from following the M3 saga and the insider info posted (I could be wildly off base... but hey, conspiracy theories are fun)

-bmw has a good idea of where ynguldyn gets his information and implicitly allows it for the most part to keep enthusiasts in the know about future plans (aka the ppl who would be most upset if they didn't wait an extra model year, 6 months, etc)

-BMW felt too much information was leaking about the M3 and reacted by obfuscating plus pulled out info in their system on the M3 to hide what was going on (ynguldyn notes they pulled out a lot of his key info)

-instead of everyone adopting "aw shucks, guess we have to wait and see" this gets misinterpreted as " I can't definitely confirm a manual, that means no manuals"

-bmw scrambles to get the info back out there the manual is coming (within a week you have direct quote from head of M and then follow up with pictures of the clutch in a test mule)

Just sayin.....

Last edited by xlover; 08-01-2019 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #51
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

As to the story, I don’t really care....It could be legit or a leak.

OP, thanks for the pic it made me smile, three pedals is a virtue that can never be overstated, it is majestic and wonderful. Long live the manual!!

Carry on....
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      08-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #52
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
As to the story, I don’t really care....It could be legit or a leak.

OP, thanks for the pic it made me smile, three pedals is a virtue that can never be overstated, it is majestic and wonderful. Long live the manual!!

Carry on....
Same here 3 paddles gave me a huge

Glad to grab the last M3 generation with MT
M 4EVER191.00
seis-speed2426.00
      08-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #53
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Today I was driving home back from work when I spotted some g80 m3 with full camo. Obviously I went to have a look and found out that one of the cars was manual. So it's for sure there will be a manual version.

Attachment 2110752

Attachment 2110753

Attachment 2110754

Attachment 2110755
[IMG]https://media1.giphy.com/media/P5vjk...;rid=giphy.gif[/IMG]
seis-speed2426.00
      08-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #54
SteveSpy
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Today I was driving home back from work when I spotted some g80 m3 with full camo. Obviously I went to have a look and found out that one of the cars was manual. So it's for sure there will be a manual version.

Attachment 2110752

Attachment 2110753

Attachment 2110754

Attachment 2110755
[IMG]https://media1.giphy.com/media/P5vjk...;rid=giphy.gif[/IMG]
      08-01-2019, 12:18 PM   #55
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

As the leak, non leak, fake news, backtracking saga continues... my interest lessens.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #56
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quite the opposite reaction to normal at finding out there is a nob hidden under the cloth...
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      08-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #57
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1123 View Post
Yeah, honestly it's hard to beat the last gen M steering wheel and all its variations. That was a good looking wheel. This looks pretty pedestrian in comparison.
But when the F series came out, everyone was bitching about its steering wheel. History repeats.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      08-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #58
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
That is the lamest, worst steering wheel i mean come on can you not be more creative and come up with something more sporty than that? Its just a giant block w way too many buttons on it
The F8X LCI wheel was perfect imo. Best wheel design for BMW since the MTech I E30/E36 days.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 2
Dimitri314.50
      08-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #59
DRKNEVL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M Sport, 2015 X5 35i

Praise be!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #60
ron_jeremy
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Am I taking crazy pills or am I the only one in this thread that remembers these are test mules.
Ya but the fact that its the same wheel as in the other new M cars ... one would surmise that it makes sense this would be the production wheel. Which, if i may say, is pretty sh*tty
Oh so you're just generally shitting on anything that's not a E46 or E90
Brash assumption but no, I've own every 3 series since e36 and as a human I've just got my opinions and wishes. Not shitting on it just sayin I don't like the new M steering wheels theyve developed. There's no sport in it what so ever when u see it compared to say a flat bottom design from Audi - that's badass.
Your sentence doesn't add up.
Audi has got a flat bottom steering wheel,
But ... «badass»?

The Last BMW M steering wheel was great, a little cheap, but the new one doesn't look sporty enough and has to many buttons, making it messy. So is the cloded light layout, not as intuitive as past generations.
I understand that with more features you need something to control it with, but BMW need to look to Apple to make it more simple and elegant.
Appreciate 1
auggiem3295.00
      08-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #61
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Nice!

You should've caught him few days earlier and post. It would save as headache. Lol

Nice to see 3 pedals!!!!
That was only posted as clickbait.

Fake news...

08-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #62
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Quote:
That is the lamest, worst steering wheel i mean come on can you not be more creative and come up with something more sporty than that? Its just a giant block w way too many buttons on it
Oh they're just saving that for the LCI...as they always do.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #63
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
The F8X LCI wheel was perfect imo. Best wheel design for BMW since the MTech I E30/E36 days.
As the F8X wheels are cross compatible, just transplant one on a G80.

Plenty for sale in the classifieds and I am sure a G80 Wheel would bring a pretty good price in return.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd5996.50
      08-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #64
nissanite
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Wheels are round. If these keep changing we will have to call them steering input devices. 😉

Nice pics. Hope to see one soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #65
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Oh look a third pedal to activate FWD only!!!
      08-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #66
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Folks,

Sorry to burst your bubble. These are the new brake pedals. As BMW already announced we will be able to change up the brake feel.

There is a left side brake and right side brake pedal.
Appreciate 1
Dimitri314.50