Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Quote:
Two things you can take from this. First one, is, if you're in 150 status, the order cannot be changed. Which if you are within the timeframe that you say you're in, then, it's easily possible. I went into 150 status, 14 days after I ordered my car. Time frames vary, but if you are in 150 status, the order cannot be changed.

If you're not in 150 status, I don't see why the order can't be changed, unless Skyscraper falls under individual, which I don't think if does, it's only $550, just like Brooklyn. A car that was ordered under Individual, also cannot be changed to a non-individual color. You have to cancel the whole order.
Is it possible his dealership traded his open allotment (no production number yet) with another dealership that had a last minute cancelled order (past 150) which had a similar configuration to his original build?

In doing so, they of course would have to tell the buyer they can't change the order, and that there were other incentives involved for the dealership to make this trade.

Yeah, that may be possible. They could have also traded 112 status for a 112 status allocation, and the 112 they received, turned into 150 by the time the completed the trade.
So… What's the difference between status and status allocation?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 08:58 PM   #134
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3number86 View Post
Any available for old ass e chassis cars? Lol
Are you calling my BMW E9X M3 Interlagos Blue/Fuch Rot OLD? 190k mile M3 is in full on Midlife Crisis Mode.

I am looking for the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels for my Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i M-Sport, since the light blue colors match. I doubt these Classic M Roundels would look good on the Interlagos Blue M3, but since I have them, I can do a test fit.

If you look at the listings on BMW Parts Pros, they have the word 'Retrofit' in the description. So since most BMW Roundels are a standard 82mm (Hood) and 74mm (Trunk) sizes, we should be good.

The center caps might be a different size for 18/19 inch wheels versus the 20/21 inch wheels on the new G8X M3/M4. So check the size. The size is either 56 mm or 68mm. They might even make the 50th Anniversary Classic M cap in floating center caps.

BMW Parts Pros is the same as Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo. Brit will take car of you. Best Prices on any BMW OEM Parts.

IND is also working on stocking the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels. We will know more in May 2022.

An eBay seller in Latvia has similar aftermarket Classic M Roundels...but the ///M tri-color half circle stripes have chrome highlights...like the original blue/white and black BMW Roundel. Gorgeous. But triple the price.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 04-09-2022 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:45 PM   #135
m3number86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_dude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3number86 View Post
Any available for old ass e chassis cars? Lol
Are you calling my BMW E9X M3 Interlagos Blue/Fuch Rot OLD? 190k miles is Midlife Crisis Mode.

I am looking for the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels for my Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i M-Sport, since the light blue colors match. I doubt these Classic M Roundels would look good on the Interlagos Blue M3, but since I have them, I can do a test fit.

If you look at the listings on BMW Parts Pros, they have the word 'Retrofit' in the description. So since most BMW Roundels are a standard 82mm (Hood) and 74mm (Trunk) sizes, we should be good.

The center caps might be a different size for 18/19 inch wheels versus the 20/21 inch wheels on the new G8X M3/M4. So check the size. The size is either 56 mm or 68mm. They might even make the 50th Anniversary Classic M cap in floating center caps.

BMW Parts Pros is the same as Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo. Brit will take car of you. Best Prices on any BMW PEM Parts.

IND is also working on stocking the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels. We will know more in May 2022.

Cheers
Oh it's not too far. Maybe I'll call instead. My e90 is black so might match.

Only thing i worried about is the pin placement on the backside that might have changed.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 12:09 AM   #136
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Two things you can take from this. First one, is, if you're in 150 status, the order cannot be changed. Which if you are within the timeframe that you say you're in, then, it's easily possible. I went into 150 status, 14 days after I ordered my car. Time frames vary, but if you are in 150 status, the order cannot be changed.

If you're not in 150 status, I don't see why the order can't be changed, unless Skyscraper falls under individual, which I don't think if does, it's only $550, just like Brooklyn. A car that was ordered under Individual, also cannot be changed to a non-individual color. You have to cancel the whole order.
Is it possible his dealership traded his open allotment (no production number yet) with another dealership that had a last minute cancelled order (past 150) which had a similar configuration to his original build?

In doing so, they of course would have to tell the buyer they can't change the order, and that there were other incentives involved for the dealership to make this trade.

Yeah, that may be possible. They could have also traded 112 status for a 112 status allocation, and the 112 they received, turned into 150 by the time the completed the trade.
Just 2 allocations that are in 112 status, but maybe the one they received, went into 150, right away. Because you never know when one's going to flip to 150. The 112 allocation that they gave up, it may be a week away from flipping to 150, when the one they received, may be ready to flip to 150, the next day.

Appreciate 1
BardG212.50
      04-06-2022, 07:37 AM   #137
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just 2 allocations that are in 112 status, but maybe the one they received, went into 150, right away. Because you never know when one's going to flip to 150. The 112 allocation that they gave up, it may be a week away from flipping to 150, when the one they received, may be ready to flip to 150, the next day.
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13702.50
      04-06-2022, 09:17 AM   #138
metalbmxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6mt

So I have decided that while I am going to option these 50th anniversary roundels, they will not be going on the car. Instead I am going to run the stock roundels. I can't stand the look of aftermarket parts and I think the 50th anniversary bits toe the line a bit too much.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2022, 04:06 PM   #139
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Anyone have photos of these in real life on IOM Green? My car is coming with these standard. In any event, if they don’t “work” I can always buy the OG BMW roundels and replace them
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
BA///MA97.50
      04-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #140
f80NJ17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Garage List
2022 BMW X3M   [10.00]
Anyone have these on the LCI X3M Comp
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 10:35 AM   #141
Ravenstein
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G82

I like it.
Stands out from all the Bimmers one the road
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13702.50
      04-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #142
BA///MA
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Anyone have photos of these in real life on IOM Green? My car is coming with these standard. In any event, if they don’t “work” I can always buy the OG BMW roundels and replace them
This is what I'm waiting on too. Very interested to see this.

Part of me wants to get the painted roundel's from IND anyways, love the black edge instead of chrome: https://ind-distribution.com/collect...ed-bmw-roundel
      04-07-2022, 07:56 PM   #143
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're selling a San Marino Blue F8X M4? Insane!!

You can swap the roundels. The 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look great on a SMB ///M Car. But the center hubs are probably a different size.

You can jack of the price of the SMB M4 just for the roundels.

Cheers
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144500.50
      04-07-2022, 08:15 PM   #144
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IG: m3npae - M3C G80

Quote:

Second, you can thank her when the car comes in, that you weren't allowed to change the color from Skyscraper to Brooklyn, because when you see 5,000 other Brooklyn cars on the road, you're going to wish that you got Skyscraper.

We have 18 people in our local get together group, and 7 of the cars are Brooklyn Gray. I love Brooklyn Gray, myself. It looks great on the car. I haven't even seen a Skyscraper car in person, but if you look at the Skyscraper thread, it looks really good from all of the pictures posted. But its like every other car, is Brooklyn Gray. Easily the most common color spec. Oxide is a rare one, as well as Dravit. I don't see very many Dravit cars, at all. I'm glad I switched from Brooklyn to Dravit.

I liked Brooklyn so much I got it again... 😭 My21 to my 22.. It's literally the best color. I looked at skyscraper grey in real life and felt like it was just another metal car color. Iomg looks like a green fly (some girl pointed it out) and I can't unsee..
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13702.50
      04-07-2022, 08:36 PM   #145
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
You're selling a San Marino Blue F8X M4? Insane!!

You can swap the roundels. The 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look great on a SMB ///M Car. But the center hubs are probably a different size.

You can jack of the price of the SMB M4 just for the roundels.

Cheers
They would def look good on SMB!

And my car is a lease and I'm getting a deal on buying the G80 xDrive by returning the lease. I love my car, but really looking to get into the new G series as my daily and back in a sedan.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 09:28 PM   #146
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlover789 View Post
Quote:

Second, you can thank her when the car comes in, that you weren't allowed to change the color from Skyscraper to Brooklyn, because when you see 5,000 other Brooklyn cars on the road, you're going to wish that you got Skyscraper.

We have 18 people in our local get together group, and 7 of the cars are Brooklyn Gray. I love Brooklyn Gray, myself. It looks great on the car. I haven't even seen a Skyscraper car in person, but if you look at the Skyscraper thread, it looks really good from all of the pictures posted. But its like every other car, is Brooklyn Gray. Easily the most common color spec. Oxide is a rare one, as well as Dravit. I don't see very many Dravit cars, at all. I'm glad I switched from Brooklyn to Dravit.

I liked Brooklyn so much I got it again... 😭 My21 to my 22.. It's literally the best color. I looked at skyscraper grey in real life and felt like it was just another metal car color. Iomg looks like a green fly (some girl pointed it out) and I can't unsee..
I hear you. I've had 3 cars in the "shade" of BG and it just wore me out, a little. Went a different route. Dravit gets a lot of looks and a lot of thumbs ups.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 01:11 PM   #147
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
One tiny detail...The new BMW 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundel is very nice...But there is a similar aftermarket BMW Classic M Roundel that has chrome highlights around each half circe of the //M tri-colors. It is gorgeous. There are chrome highlights around the circles of the stock BMW Roundel. They are on eBay and ship out of Latvia for triple the price of the BMW OEM 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 04:48 PM   #148
418BUC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe G82

Garage List
A real shame BMW used it as a way to make money. Why just rebadge all cars built in the 50th year foc. Mine was built in Feb 22, ordered innDev and not even offered the option.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 06:20 PM   #149
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 418BUC View Post
A real shame BMW used it as a way to make money.
BMW isn't a charity
      04-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #150
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
For all of you 2022 ///M car owners asking about how the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look on you car with certain paint colors, I was able to add them on the BMW Configurator. You can swap them with the stock BMW Roundel. You might need a mixed solution with the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels on the hood and trunk, with standard BMW Roundel center caps, depending on your wheel finish.

The large 82mm/74mm 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels on the hood and trunk will match your paint, but the center caps are 30% smaller, so the standard inner BMW logo in blue, white, black is so tiny, it won't matter. Although, if you have blue or red calipers...the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look very nice. Black and gunmetal wheels might look better with standard or carbon fiber (IND) BMW roundels, while bright silver polished wheels would be complimented by the bright 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels. There is a lot of white in the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels...which makes the biggest impact.

BTW: Check out the Kies Motorsports YT Channel and their XPEL Stealth Matte PPF of an Isle of Man Green G80 M3. Really beautiful. #JollyGreenGiant

Cheers
Appreciate 2
boi222190.00
SaMaster144500.50
      04-11-2022, 04:10 PM   #151
hoffmeister
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2016 M4, 2015 X5 5.0

Got one on a key chain! I think this came with my F90 in 2018.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
BA///MA97.50
SaMaster144500.50
Limegrntaln13702.50
      04-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #152
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
For all of you 2022 ///M car owners asking about how the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look on you car with certain paint colors, I was able to add them on the BMW Configurator. You can swap them with the stock BMW Roundel. You might need a mixed solution with the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels on the hood and trunk, with standard BMW Roundel center caps, depending on your wheel finish.

The large 82mm/74mm 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels on the hood and trunk will match your paint, but the center caps are 30% smaller, so the standard inner BMW logo in blue, white, black is so tiny, it won't matter. Although, if you have blue or red calipers...the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels would look very nice. Black and gunmetal wheels might look better with standard or carbon fiber (IND) BMW roundels, while bright silver polished wheels would be complimented by the bright 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels. There is a lot of white in the 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels...which makes the biggest impact.

BTW: Check out the Kies Motorsports YT Channel and their XPEL Stealth Matte PPF of an Isle of Man Green G80 M3. Really beautiful. #JollyGreenGiant

Cheers
I can see these on the configurator, but I just feel like the IOM green on BMWs website looks almost nothing like it does IRL (and I prefer IRL).

Will definitely check out that YT channel when I have a chance!
Appreciate 1
BA///MA97.50
      04-13-2022, 03:18 PM   #153
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
I like the new emblems a lot
Attached Images

SaMaster144500.50
boi222190.00
DS_BMW1618.50
Limegrntaln13702.50
Mamba283.50
M4Tejas846.00
MMM.PWR3459.50
      04-14-2022, 07:23 PM   #154
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Of course, the new BMW 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels looks great on a white X5M.

Google it and look for custom Classic M Roundels with a black vs white background. They look really fantastic on any color ///M car. Unfortunately they ship out of Russia. I will keep looking for an alternate source.

I am hoping IND can work their magic and turn the stock BMW 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels with a white background into a black/dark blue background.

I have an Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i that will look good with the BMW 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundels. I also have an Interlagos Blue/Fuchs Rot BMW E9X M3 that needs the BMW 50th Anniversary Classic M Roundel with a black/dark blue background to match.

UPDATE: You know those BMW LED puddle lights that you install under the doors. Yes they have a new set of slide inserts that include the Classic M Roundel design. Another ///M slide design looks nicer, so you can mix and match on different doors. If you have a 4-door sedan you can go to town ///M style.

Cheers

Last edited by nyc_dude; 04-14-2022 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0