BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #133
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oejsup View Post
Quote:
Send photos!
im scheduled for pick up tomorrow. 👌🏽
Sweet!!! I bet you wont be able to sleep! Lol the dealership forgot to remove some plastic so i did it myself and look what happens [IMG][/IMG]
Um, wasn't that the factory installed PPF for that area?
It was pealing off so i removed it. Whoops…. Do you happen to know if M Mode Sport completely turns of traction & stability control or does it only reduce it but still helps you if there some slippage?
Here is the full break down from the technical documentation.
Thanks man! Are you getting your car wrapped with PPF?
I'll likely do the front bumper, fenders, full hood, and side mirrors. BMW paint as of late is super soft and my X3 has a ton of small chips up front due to the crap on the roads here in the Phoenix metro area.
How much does it cost you there? Are you leasing or buying? Im only leasing so im very hesitant and seeing what people are doing here
Got one quote for just under $2k for that work. Will be reaching out to another place soon to get a quote from them as well.

To me, if it's a lease it seems a bit of a waste. However, I guess it depends on how much any rock chips/dings will bother you day in and day out to see on the car while leasing. 🤷🏻

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 11:48 AM   #134
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Send photos!
im scheduled for pick up tomorrow. 👌🏽
Sweet!!! I bet you wont be able to sleep! Lol the dealership forgot to remove some plastic so i did it myself and look what happens [IMG][/IMG]
Um, wasn't that the factory installed PPF for that area?
It was pealing off so i removed it. Whoops…. Do you happen to know if M Mode Sport completely turns of traction & stability control or does it only reduce it but still helps you if there some slippage?
Here is the full break down from the technical documentation.
Thanks man! Are you getting your car wrapped with PPF?
I'll likely do the front bumper, fenders, full hood, and side mirrors. BMW paint as of late is super soft and my X3 has a ton of small chips up front due to the crap on the roads here in the Phoenix metro area.
How much does it cost you there? Are you leasing or buying? Im only leasing so im very hesitant and seeing what people are doing here
Got one quote for just under $2k for that work. Will be reaching out to another place soon to get a quote from them as well.

To me, if it's a lease it seems a bit of a waste. However, I guess it depends on how much any rock chips/dings will bother you day in and day out to see on the car while leasing. 🤷🏻
Yeah my numbers are around that too here 2k for full front, fenders, mirrors and bumpers plus tax. Definitely something to think about its alot of money and i just ordered some Michelin 4s but no eta on that
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:59 AM   #135
tommydieselm3
Team M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 ON ORDER

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydieselm3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your gonna put all season on your m3? Not summer? Bold
Yeah Michelin make good all seasons
Any updates for your car? I drove so much in two days i have 300 miles on mine lol
Wheres the pics brian?? And how long after it hit jersey port did you take delivery??
Hahaha yes sir! Sending it now! It got to the port June 2 evening and got to my dealership June 4am. I heard it depends on the carrier. I drove that baby June 5 Saturday around 10:00am since i was busy Friday. My dealership is like 2 hours away from port. They got me P zeros. Lol ive been driving around town to find Sports 4S.
Love it brother congrats!!! Mine got to jersey port this morning 6 am!! Dealer is also about 2 hours away…I would love to have it by this saturday on my day off!! Which is 5 days from now
I would be very surprised if you didnt get by Saturday. Send photos when you have it! Definitely worth the wait and hopefully you get the Michelin tires
No michelins but picking her up in 3 hours man!!! gotta do a drive asap!!
Attached Images

2010 e92 alpine white bmw m3=traded in
2003 e46 alpine white bmw m3=traded in/2003 e46 Laguna seca blue bmw m3=stolen
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 08:17 AM   #136
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any updates for your car? I drove so much in two days i have 300 miles on mine lol
Wheres the pics brian?? And how long after it hit jersey port did you take delivery??
Hahaha yes sir! Sending it now! It got to the port June 2 evening and got to my dealership June 4am. I heard it depends on the carrier. I drove that baby June 5 Saturday around 10:00am since i was busy Friday. My dealership is like 2 hours away from port. They got me P zeros. Lol ive been driving around town to find Sports 4S.
Love it brother congrats!!! Mine got to jersey port this morning 6 am!! Dealer is also about 2 hours away…I would love to have it by this saturday on my day off!! Which is 5 days from now
I would be very surprised if you didnt get by Saturday. Send photos when you have it! Definitely worth the wait and hopefully you get the Michelin tires
Oh look at you my twin! 😛 i definitely have to see your interior it was a coin toss between orange and that. I think we both win cause both looks amazing!! Do you wanna PM me your IG and we can set something up?
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #137
tommydieselm3
Team M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 ON ORDER

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh look at you my twin! 😛 i definitely have to see your interior it was a coin toss between orange and that. I think we both win cause both looks amazing!! Do you wanna PM me your IG and we can set something up?
Will
Do
For sure brother!!
2010 e92 alpine white bmw m3=traded in
2003 e46 alpine white bmw m3=traded in/2003 e46 Laguna seca blue bmw m3=stolen
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 07:17 AM   #138
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 comp

Quote:
Not that anyone cares. but i finally picked mines up on friday and the car is fast!. definitely need 2 hands on the steering wheel… in sport mode atleast. So many people speeding up next to me, ive rolled down my window down a million times to other people telling me how nice the car looks. The M3 is definitely an experience.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2021, 09:50 AM   #139
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not that anyone cares. but i finally picked mines up on friday and the car is fast!. definitely need 2 hands on the steering wheel… in sport mode atleast. So many people speeding up next to me, ive rolled down my window down a million times to other people telling me how nice the car looks. The M3 is definitely an experience.
Hahaha ofcourse we care! Show me some photos. Its sure as hell fast! I keep my setting for breaks and steering on sports mode for both M1 & M2. I have the P zeros and its abit scary with puddles and heavy rain. Did you lease or finance?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #140
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha ofcourse we care! Show me some photos. Its sure as hell fast! I keep my setting for breaks and steering on sports mode for both M1 & M2. I have the P zeros and its abit scary with puddles and heavy rain. Did you lease or finance?
when i get on highway and want to have some fun i have M1 for sport because its i little to aggressive for city streets. M2 for comfort . lease
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #141
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
when i get on highway and want to have some fun i have M1 for sport because its i little to aggressive for city streets. M2 for comfort . lease
My M1 is comfort and M2 is sport mode but i havnt tried turning everything off only MDM mode lol Call me a P cause thats what I am 😂😂 are you getting Ceramic paint or PPF?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 07:32 PM   #142
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My M1 is comfort and M2 is sport mode but i havnt tried turning everything off only MDM mode lol Call me a P cause thats what I am 😂😂 are you getting Ceramic paint or PPF?
yeah im looking into putting PPF not full Ppf just on some parts. i have MDM on in my M1 sport mode. i think the car is more controlled in MDM.
ps. how do i upload a photo from my phone
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 08:11 PM   #143
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yeah im looking into putting PPF not full Ppf just on some parts. i have MDM on in my M1 sport mode. i think the car is more controlled in MDM.
ps. how do i upload a photo from my phone
You see the little paperclip bottom? Click that an attach your photos. Yeah i love mdm mode. I have 0 balls for full traction off
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #144
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You see the little paperclip bottom? Click that an attach your photos. Yeah i love mdm mode. I have 0 balls for full traction off
Yeah even with traction on the car is terrifying when floored. As for the the PPF I’m doing the whole front end and the mirrors. I’ve already gotten 2 tickets in 1 day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 06:20 PM   #145
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah even with traction on the car is terrifying when floored. As for the the PPF I'm doing the whole front end and the mirrors. I've already gotten 2 tickets in 1 day.
Wait are you serious!? Two tickets in one day? lol. Ive floored it a few times and sure as hell feel good! I wouldnt do it in the rain though. Also F U for getting the Michelin tires 😅😂
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #146
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wait are you serious!? Two tickets in one day? lol. Ive floored it a few times and sure as hell feel good! I wouldnt do it in the rain though. Also F U for getting the Michelin tires 😅😂
sad news . i crashed my car i think its totaled .
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #147
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 08:49 PM   #148
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wtf dude! What did you do? You turned everything off didnt you!? Also are you okay?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 03:30 AM   #149
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Dammnnn...you being serious? What happened?

End of the day cars are just piece of metal so don't worry too much! I'm sure you'll get into another in at some point
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 05:52 AM   #150
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wait are you serious!? Two tickets in one day? lol. Ive floored it a few times and sure as hell feel good! I wouldnt do it in the rain though. Also F U for getting the Michelin tires ����
So I went to my bmw dealership to ask about the m drift mode from a genius person. In the mist of showing me He saved sport everything and traction off for my M1. I always had DSC on since I got the car. So I left the dealer and totally forgot he did that. Basically it was raining hit m1 just to get some exhaust noise The car went sideway and I hit a divider. All airbag deployed. My baby is gone. Its only been 3+ weeks. Today I’m going back to another dealer to order another one. I really fell in love with car just made a stupid mistake.

Last edited by Oejsup; 07-02-2021 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:10 AM   #151
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
So I went to my bmw dealership to ask about the m drift mode from a genius person. In the mist of showing me He saved sport everything and traction off for my M1. I always had DSC on since I got the car. So I left the dealer and totally forgot he did that. Basically it was raining hit m1 just to get some exhaust noise The car went sideway and I hit a divider. All airbag deployed. My baby is gone. Its only been 3+ weeks. Today I’m going back to another dealer to order another one. I really fell in love with car just made a stupid mistake.
Sorry to hear... it could have been worse, you could have been injured etc!

These cars are not forgiving without traction, one slip up and it goes sideways like that! But that's what many of us like about M cars

Anyway good luck with the new one
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:17 AM   #152
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wait are you serious!? Two tickets in one day? lol. Ive floored it a few times and sure as hell feel good! I wouldnt do it in the rain though. Also F U for getting the Michelin tires ����
So I went to my bmw dealership to ask about the m drift mode from a genius person. In the mist of showing me He saved sport everything and traction off for my M1. I always had DSC on since I got the car. So I left the dealer and totally forgot he did that. Basically it was raining hit m1 just to get some exhaust noise The car went sideway and I hit a divider. All airbag deployed. My baby is gone. Its only been 3+ weeks. Today I'm going back to another dealer to order another one. I really fell in love with car just made a stupid mistake.
The screen should notify you though if your on mdm or DSC is off when you change it and it asks you to confirm it. But damn im sorry bro but im really happy your okay. When it rains even just a little i always turn on DSC ON it saved me last weekend when i was driving in the highway and hit a puddle my tail started swerving. My friend on his F80 crashed cause he was on his MDM in the rain years ago. More importantly im glad your okay! Heard from one of the dealerships orders are backed up with chip shortages
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 08:25 AM   #153
Oejsup
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The screen should notify you though if your on mdm or DSC is off when you change it and it asks you to confirm it. But damn im sorry bro but im really happy your okay. When it rains even just a little i always turn on DSC ON it saved me last weekend when i was driving in the highway and hit a puddle my tail started swerving. My friend on his F80 crashed cause he was on his MDM in the rain years ago. More importantly im glad your okay! Heard from one of the dealerships orders are backed up with chip shortages
oh yeah? damn but im still gunna try order another one . yeah im glad to be ok

Last edited by Oejsup; 07-02-2021 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #154
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
oh yeah? damn but i still go try order another one . yeah im glad to be ok
Let me know if the deals are alot worst or better. Are you ordering the same spec allover again? I would recommend that X drive but you probably wont get it till next year
Appreciate 0