08-29-2022, 07:50 AM   #133
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Wow. That is pricey. I priced out the winter wheel package at my local BMW and they said $1016 per tire&wheel for the 829 wheels with Alpine 5 with TPMS. Looks like that does come out cheaper than the 826M wheels. The V710 wheel with 19x9.5 square set up with Vred wintrac comes to $2800 with shipping
I just ordered that exact set through Kevin last week.

Went with gunmetal v710 and vred winter tires.

Came out to 2780 shipped? With tpms too.
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2661.00
      08-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #134
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_F80ZCP View Post
Going a little too far would be posting your address and not scribbling out your personal phone number in my screen shots. Don't talk shit if you don't to be confronted.

How much conversation do you want about purchasing wheels on the internet? People are busy with their lives and can't just sit in the forums to wait for replies. You are close enough to me and they are cheap enough that taking the trip to see them in person is worth the chance. You decided to tell me how nice your gates were like a pretenious prick as soon as I asked if you would deliver them. I know I flaked on you but for good reason. My wife was going into labor. You are not my first thought when my child is being born. So sorry for the late heads up but I gave you a heads up nonetheless. But I also knew I wanted the wheels because they were a good deal. So I offered to pay more for you to deliver them if you were willing. Learn from your mistakes buddy. Your wheels would have been sold already if you decided to be a little more understanding. GLWS
@NJ_F80ZCP,
and all,
I wasn't planning on responding, however did some thinking on my commute. You have to admit, if someone doesn't contact you until the last minute, doesn't show up and then asks you to drive somewhere, it sounds like you're being played and I have no time or patience for that.

In all, it was bad communication on NJ_F80ZCP and jumping to conclusions on mine (I'm sure many would have reached the same).

NJ_F80ZCP, if you did in fact have a child, which is a crazy coincidence in timing, then you have another mouth to feed and could use a break. Kids are ridiculously expensive (I know, I have one in Yale right now doing his PhD), then if you're interested (you only), you can have them for only $200 for a sign of good faith and good will. Use the other $400 for diapers and formula. (Just show up with a birth certificate and we both can part as friends over this). It's not about money, it's about principle. This is for ZCP only. Thanks all.

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 2
Aalfred2661.00
      08-29-2022, 09:47 AM   #135
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman4517 View Post
@NJ_F80ZCP,
and all,
I wasn't planning on responding, however did some thinking on my commute. You have to admit, if someone doesn't contact you until the last minute, doesn't show up and then asks you to drive somewhere, it sounds like you're being played and I have no time or patience for that.

In all, it was bad communication on NJ_F80ZCP and jumping to conclusions on mine (I'm sure many would have reached the same).

NJ_F80ZCP, if you did in fact have a child, which is a crazy coincidence in timing, then you have another mouth to feed and could use a break. Kids are ridiculously expensive (I know, I have one in Yale right now doing his PhD), then if you're interested (you only), you can have them for only $200 for a sign of good faith and good will. Use the other $400 for diapers and formula. (Just show up with a birth certificate and we both can part as friends over this). It's not about money, it's about principle. This is for ZCP only. Thanks all.

Thats really kind of you Eman. Im glad that things have worked out between the two amicable and a simple misunderstanding made it worse. On the side note, FB is notorious for things like this. Yesterday I was going to buy something from a seller and he said come after 7 pm, I said OK and waited till 7 pm and messaged him and he listed the stuff as sold and he never responded. I was like, Jeez, thanks for the heads up lol
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 09:49 AM   #136
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I just ordered that exact set through Kevin last week.

Went with gunmetal v710 and vred winter tires.

Came out to 2780 shipped? With tpms too.
I think I am going with this set up but Im hoping they have it available when Im ready to pick up my car. I want it delivered to an installer near PCD and worried about it going out of stock when time comes
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2329.50
      08-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #137
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think I am going with this set up but Im hoping they have it available when Im ready to pick up my car. I want it delivered to an installer near PCD and worried about it going out of stock when time comes
Do it now then.

The wheels are coming in stock this week he said but he said last winter the vred tires went out of stock quick.

I didn’t want to run into this problem when I wanna do the switch around late November so I bought them now.

You might save money towards Black Friday but you run the risk of no more stock.
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2661.00
      08-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #138
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Do it now then.

The wheels are coming in stock this week he said but he said last winter the vred tires went out of stock quick.

I didn’t want to run into this problem when I wanna do the switch around late November so I bought them now.

You might save money towards Black Friday but you run the risk of no more stock.
Im working with Kevin to see if there is anyway I can buy it but hold it with them. Since Im taking PCD delivery prob in Nov/Dec, I want to swap my tires there before I drive back to WI. Im planning on flying to PCD and driving back. Thats where my issue is with trying to get winter set up to be delivered near PCD area.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2329.50
      08-29-2022, 03:00 PM   #139
MaxechosM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Wow a lot you guys in the mid west and your snow storms have ⚾️'s of steal for wanting to drive your M3 in it. If I was in your shoes I'd just go lease a Jeep Wrangler or something or buy a old Subaru outback.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 03:03 PM   #140
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxechosM3 View Post
Wow a lot you guys in the mid west and your snow storms have ⚾️'s of steal for wanting to drive your M3 in it. If I was in your shoes I'd just go lease a Jeep Wrangler or something or buy a old Subaru outback.
Lol...its more like a necessity. I do have my X3 M40i with winter tires for my daily driving. Want to drive the M3 when its not snowing but still cold outside. Having AS or winters might help me with that. I really want PCD delivery and if it happens to be in Dec, I would be taking a big chance driving back on summers. Thats why the push to get the winter wheel set or AS set.
Appreciate 2
Llarry16791.00
      08-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #141
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Lol...its more like a necessity. I do have my X3 M40i with winter tires for my daily driving. Want to drive the M3 when its not snowing but still cold outside. Having AS or winters might help me with that. I really want PCD delivery and if it happens to be in Dec, I would be taking a big chance driving back on summers. Thats why the push to get the winter wheel set or AS set.
I think some people just don't understand you shouldn't drive on Summer tires when it's 40 degrees or colder outside....even if the roads are dry & snow free. Summer tires will wear down REAL quick when it's cold out, and will feel like you're driving on ice when the roads are just wet.

I don't plan on driving in snow storms, but I do plan on driving my M3 year round, so I feel just A/S tires fits the bill for me.
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 3
UNCM2334.50
Aalfred2661.00
Gfit2758.00
      08-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #142
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxechosM3 View Post
These are just cars no different than a Honda civic. It just costs more and has more power.

I do agree it’s good to have a dedicated winter car but what sense is it for a car to literally sit ALL winter? It doesn’t snow everyday the entire winter. There’s some really dry brisk days, a day or 2 of really mild winter days, then days when it does snow, it’s plowed immediately making the roads clear again.
Appreciate 3
MassComp2126.50
Aalfred2661.00
      08-29-2022, 07:43 PM   #143
NJ_F80ZCP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Quote:
Going a little too far would be posting your address and not scribbling out your personal phone number in my screen shots. Don't talk shit if you don't to be confronted.

How much conversation do you want about purchasing wheels on the internet? People are busy with their lives and can't just sit in the forums to wait for replies. You are close enough to me and they are cheap enough that taking the trip to see them in person is worth the chance. You decided to tell me how nice your gates were like a pretenious prick as soon as I asked if you would deliver them. I know I flaked on you but for good reason. My wife was going into labor. You are not my first thought when my child is being born. So sorry for the late heads up but I gave you a heads up nonetheless. But I also knew I wanted the wheels because they were a good deal. So I offered to pay more for you to deliver them if you were willing. Learn from your mistakes buddy. Your wheels would have been sold already if you decided to be a little more understanding. GLWS
@NJ_F80ZCP,
and all,

Quote:
Quote:

@NJ_F80ZCP,
and all,

Thank you for the kind offering. I appreciate you reaching out to me privately. The differences are settled. The internet is a tricky place and can lead to very negative experiences. But this shows there is still some hope for the internet.
Appreciate 1
eman45171748.50
      09-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #144
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Look what just came today!😁

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29289978

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 02:26 PM   #145
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Congrats !!!! I just ordered a set of CSL 827M wheels from a German company. Hope to have it in 2-3 weeks !!!
Appreciate 1
eman45171748.50
      09-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #146
eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats !!!! I just ordered a set of CSL 827M wheels from a German company. Hope to have it in 2-3 weeks !!!
Congrats!!! Hope they come soon! Both those and the 1000M bronze both wheels look so amazing!

Appreciate 1
Aalfred2661.00
      09-12-2022, 10:23 PM   #147
DennisLiu9797
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(in transit)

Do you guess have any recommended winter tires for the OEM 18/19 824M? I am having trouble finding winter tires that fit those wheels. My plan is to use the OEM 824M as winter wheels and purchase a new set of wheel+tires for summer.
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 11:12 PM   #148
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisLiu9797 View Post
Do you guess have any recommended winter tires for the OEM 18/19 824M? I am having trouble finding winter tires that fit those wheels. My plan is to use the OEM 824M as winter wheels and purchase a new set of wheel+tires for summer.
Thank you!!
If your M3 a MY22 or MY23. I thought the newer M3/M4 came in 826M wheels as default. Is that not the case ? If you have 824M wheels, maybe the Michelin Alpines might be the tires to go.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 04:54 AM   #149
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you!!
If you have options for the winter days with really bad conditions, you might consider all-seasons for winter use. I have Continental DWS06+ in OE sizes on my 824Ms. I would not want to drive in severe winter weather, though. Just a thought...
      09-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #150
DennisLiu9797
Rep

Quote:
If your M3 a MY22 or MY23. I thought the newer M3/M4 came in 826M wheels as default. Is that not the case ? If you have 824M wheels, maybe the Michelin Alpines might be the tires to go.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case for m3 base. They come standard with 18/19 824M and $1300 extra for anything else.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:23 AM   #151
DennisLiu9797
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
If you have options for the winter days with really bad conditions, you might consider all-seasons for winter use. I have Continental DWS06+ in OE sizes on my 824Ms. I would not want to drive in severe winter weather, though. Just a thought...
Yeah, I will definitely consider that. How do you define a really bad condition? I just moved to Columbus, OH. It will be my first winter here, so I don’t know how bad the winter can be here. It is very flat here though.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:31 AM   #152
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Quote:
I think some people just don't understand you shouldn't drive on Summer tires when it's 40 degrees or colder outside....even if the roads are dry & snow free. Summer tires will wear down REAL quick when it's cold out, and will feel like you're driving on ice when the roads are just wet.

I don't plan on driving in snow storms, but I do plan on driving my M3 year round, so I feel just A/S tires fits the bill for me.
Agreed. Years ago I had a 340 that I didn't drive in snow but did drive in the winter. One day we have a quick flurry. Just a light dusting but I was out driving. Made it home no problem. Parked in my driveway, car off, e brake engage while I grabbed a brush before pulling in garage. The tires were literally skates. Car slid down the driveway and into the road. No damage but lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #153
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I will definitely consider that. How do you define a really bad condition? I just moved to Columbus, OH. It will be my first winter here, so I don’t know how bad the winter can be here. It is very flat here though.
If you are using it as a daily driver, I would def use winters. If you have alternate options for when its snowing, then you could go with the All Seasons DWS06 which are easier to find than Michellins. Also I think, the manufacturers start making winters more into Oct and Nov time and you might see them in stock sooner. Have u tried Costco? Sometime you can order them from the Manufacturer if you go into a Costco location and have it ready in 4-6 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #154
DennisLiu9797
Rep

Quote:
If you are using it as a daily driver, I would def use winters. If you have alternate options for when its snowing, then you could go with the All Seasons DWS06 which are easier to find than Michellins. Also I think, the manufacturers start making winters more into Oct and Nov time and you might see them in stock sooner. Have u tried Costco? Sometime you can order them from the Manufacturer if you go into a Costco location and have it ready in 4-6 weeks.
The M3 will be my daily !! Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely check out Costco!
Appreciate 0