02-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #111
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcp View Post
By distributor I meant US MSS dealers. r33_RGSport and @mike@xph are two of the top 10 MSS dealers and they are giving the kit for free. According to them this was announced last year during a meeting with MSS owner William. I don’t expect you to eat the cost but I am trying to understand why other dealers are fighting for their customer to get this for free and not you. You’re the first to release this product and the last to post update. I have sent multiple Emails last year about the new low kit and your staff did not provide any update up until two weeks ago.
We didn't have any official updates to give until we spoke to MSS last week and provided an update to you straight away rather than hearsay which seems to be an issue here. I expressed that customers were not happy with this and they told me that this was their decision. I am not an owner of MSS so am unable to make decisions for them.

I can't comment on any MSS communication to US dealers as I was not privy to them. I can only relay what MSS have officially told me. Again I have not seen anything from Turn 14 or IND who are the 2 main distributors in the US.

If you are not expecting us to eat the cost of the new product that we have to pay for what exactly are you expecting? Let me know and we can try moving forward rather than going back and forth on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 10:21 AM   #112
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Are you sure those two aren't the same set of springs?
I hardly notice any height difference between the two.
The first one seems lower tbh.
Yes I am sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #113
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
We didn't have any official updates to give until we spoke to MSS last week and provided an update to you straight away rather than hearsay which seems to be an issue here. I expressed that customers were not happy with this and they told me that this was their decision. I am not an owner of MSS so am unable to make decisions for them.

I can't comment on any MSS communication to US dealers as I was not privy to them. I can only relay what MSS have officially told me. Again I have not seen anything from Turn 14 or IND who are the 2 main distributors in the US.

If you are not expecting us to eat the cost of the new product that we have to pay for what exactly are you expecting? Let me know and we can try moving forward rather than going back and forth on here.
PM coming your way. I am sorry but what you relay from MSS is hearsay as well. I have been trying to get an official response from MSS but it seems like they don’t do that. What I want is an official response from William why some US dealers can offer the kit for free and not Evolve. We bought the same kit but we are not getting the same level of customer service and support.

Last edited by mzcp; 02-16-2022 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2022, 10:57 AM   #114
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
PM coming your way. I am sorry but what you relay from MSS is hearsay as well. I have been trying to get an official response from MSS but it seems like they don’t do that. What I want is an official response from William why some US dealers can offer the kit for free and not Evolve. We bought the same kit but we are not getting the same level of customer service and support.
My uneducated guess is that some retailers here have such a large MSS volume history and potential future that MSS would be foolish to step over dollars to save quarters.

Maybe Evolve is not at their level of volume and thus was not offered such a deal. The more you sell the more you are needed.

Again all supposition but as a business owner I can see why some business decisions are made with certain companies.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 02-16-2022 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 3
      02-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #115
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

The problem I have, as one of the early adopters, is that we were told we were going to get a certain amount of drop and we never got that. Then we were told we need to wait for a joke of a video to explain why it takes a long time for the springs to settle? LMFAO Guess what? still the same amount of drop.

Now we find out that a new seat an spring is needed to achieve what they originally claimed...Such shitty business practices. They can't own up to their mistakes. THEY ARE A JOKE.

Needless to say, I will never buy another MSS product and keep my purchases within the US. I will also sway people away from this product when asked about it in any thread I see.

No transparency whatsoever. It takes a bunch of unhappy customers to get any(probably fabricated) response.
Appreciate 5
mzcp2714.50
Vic5519789.00
Medal484.50
      02-16-2022, 12:22 PM   #116
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
The problem I have, as one of the early adopters, is that we were told we were going to get a certain amount of drop and we never got that. Then we were told we need to wait for a joke of a video to explain why it takes a long time for the springs to settle? LMFAO Guess what? still the same amount of drop.

Now we find out that a new seat an spring is needed to achieve what they originally claimed...Such shitty business practices. They can't own up to their mistakes. THEY ARE A JOKE.

Needless to say, I will never buy another MSS product and keep my purchases within the US. I will also sway people away from this product when asked about it in any thread I see.

No transparency whatsoever. It takes a bunch of unhappy customers to get any(probably fabricated) response.
I cant deny your frustration and I would be in your boat too if Ben wasnt my retailer.

Sadly this indeed falls on MSS and I was warned not to go their route but I did because KW was in Siberia hiding LOL. And while Im a fan of the actual product (kept it on two cars)- I hear you and echo your thoughts on the whole way this shit went down.

MSS needs to realize that bad news travels so much faster than good.
Appreciate 4
mzcp2714.50
m20e30871169.00
      02-16-2022, 12:25 PM   #117
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I cant deny your frustration and I would be in your boat too if Ben wasnt my retailer.

Sadly this indeed falls on MSS and I was warned not to go their route but I did because KW was in Siberia hiding LOL. And while Im a fan of the actual product (kept it on two cars)- I hear you and echo your thoughts on the whole way this shit went down.

MSS needs to realize that bad news travels so much faster than good.
Yeah, the product was good, but the customer support is bad.

My G82 just went to 111 status so I am going to wait for Eibach to release their xDrive springs and see how they turn out.
Appreciate 1
mzcp2714.50
      02-16-2022, 05:02 PM   #118
spridge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

I'm working on a defective product claim. More news soon.
Appreciate 3
mzcp2714.50
Medal484.50
      02-16-2022, 07:11 PM   #119
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Yeah is this not a bait and switch with false advertisement undertones??
Appreciate 1
mzcp2714.50
      02-17-2022, 12:23 AM   #120
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridge View Post
I'm working on a defective product claim. More news soon.
If my AMX platinum covered auto parts, I would have been on it ASAP. Not downplaying the product but as a good faith, MSS should honer early adopters request. Thankfully I got mine from RGsport, hopefully mine will come through.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13108.50
Medal484.50
      02-21-2022, 04:42 PM   #121
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Imran@Evolve

This is official from Extreme Power House

Hello everyone,

Please note this post applies to Extreme Power House customers only. As promised, I did my best to get the updated kits for free to all my customers. After some back and forth conversation between XPH, MSS, and the US distributor, we got it done!

MSS will be charging $300 for the updated kit. Extreme Power House customers will be getting their updated kits free of charge.

If you purchased from a different dealer, you would need to check with your dealer as this offer does not apply to all vendors.

Can you negotiate with MSS and get us the same deal for the customers who purchased from Evolve?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 05:12 PM   #122
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Imran@Evolve

This is official from Extreme Power House

Hello everyone,

Please note this post applies to Extreme Power House customers only. As promised, I did my best to get the updated kits for free to all my customers. After some back and forth conversation between XPH, MSS, and the US distributor, we got it done!

MSS will be charging $300 for the updated kit. Extreme Power House customers will be getting their updated kits free of charge.

If you purchased from a different dealer, you would need to check with your dealer as this offer does not apply to all vendors.

Can you negotiate with MSS and get us the same deal for the customers who purchased from Evolve?

Thank you

This is why my future purchases are going to X-PH, they have great customer service too. Canceled a couple orders with no issue.
Appreciate 1
mzcp2714.50
      02-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #123
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
This is why my future purchases are going to X-PH, they have great customer service too. Canceled a couple orders with no issue.
I also buy from mike@x-ph.com. I ordered from Evolve because they were the first to release the kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 06:56 PM   #124
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Please send me a link to official confirmation to other distributors Turn14 and IND doing this as I haven't seen anything from them.

We have to pay MSS for this new product as an upgrade so it looks like you expect us as the retailer to swallow the cost? It is another set of springs - not just some PU seats.

If it is the case that every US distributor is providing it for free then we will reconsider our position as a gesture of goodwill.
If the product you sold to the customer is advertised/expected to give a certain drop on the front and this doesn't happen(except with the mod) why the customer has to pay again for the new kit ?In simple words what you are saying is that the customer has to swallow the cost to finally get what he thought was getting with the original kit, which doesn't seem fair to anyone with common sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 09:00 AM   #125
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Imran@Evolve
Can you give us an update on the new low kit?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 01:44 PM   #126
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

So X-PH and RG33 were able to get their customers the updated kit free of charge. A lot of people in here were early adopters and helped others make their decision to purchase the MSS HAS.

You would think that Evolve would have more pull due to the fact that they helped R and D the product.
Appreciate 2
mzcp2714.50
barryc3651959.00
      02-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #127
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

@Imran@Evolve how can MSS offer one deal to the distributors in the US and not give you the same deal?

If I was you I would not be supplying MSS going forward if this is how they treat you.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2022, 02:22 PM   #128
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I know that Evolve has been busy promoting the MSS kit for the E9X which they just released
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #129
mzcp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Please send me a link to official confirmation to other distributors Turn14 and IND doing this as I haven't seen anything from them.

We have to pay MSS for this new product as an upgrade so it looks like you expect us as the retailer to swallow the cost? It is another set of springs - not just some PU seats.

If it is the case that every US distributor is providing it for free then we will reconsider our position as a gesture of goodwill.
Imran@Evolve will you send us the kit as a gesture of goodwill as previously stated? Two of the biggest dealer not distributors are offering the kit for free
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 10:23 AM   #130
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
@Imran@Evolve how can MSS offer one deal to the distributors in the US and not give you the same deal?

If I was you I would not be supplying MSS going forward if this is how they treat you.
I don't think MSS is doing anything different in the states, the vendors are taking it upon themselves to give out the kits for free while they take a hit on the cost (Mike or Ben, correct me if i'm wrong). I only know X-PH and RG Sport doing this which is a huge win in my books. They are taking care of their customers.

When I bought my MSS kit I shopped around and other vendors didn't even know about this update coming out from MSS. I asked them if an update does come out will I get it for free and I got no response.

MSS should be providing these kits for free, not the vendors. In the end it has to come out from someone's pocket and MSS doesn't think it should be them. Bad business practice is all I can say. They will end up losing more money because of angry customers. This will be the last MSS product I will buy.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 11:28 AM   #131
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
I don't think MSS is doing anything different in the states, the vendors are taking it upon themselves to give out the kits for free while they take a hit on the cost (Mike or Ben, correct me if i'm wrong). I only know X-PH and RG Sport doing this which is a huge win in my books. They are taking care of their customers.

When I bought my MSS kit I shopped around and other vendors didn't even know about this update coming out from MSS. I asked them if an update does come out will I get it for free and I got no response.

MSS should be providing these kits for free, not the vendors. In the end it has to come out from someone's pocket and MSS doesn't think it should be them. Bad business practice is all I can say. They will end up losing more money because of angry customers. This will be the last MSS product I will buy.
r33_RGSport

Ben went even further and didnt charge me labor so I bought him taco bell...

Appreciate 2
      02-26-2022, 11:34 AM   #132
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
r33_RGSport

Ben went even further and didnt charge me labor so I bought him taco bell...

I thought you were trying to be nice to Ben! I kid I kid...I love taco hell.
Appreciate 2
Vic5519789.00