BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-08-2023, 11:57 AM   #67
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
If BMW were to hold focus groups that pertained to the topic of buttons vs. no buttons they would have to take notice! 😉
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 09:43 AM   #68
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Thanks for posting this. I’m just now seeing it. I’ve always thought the touch screens more dangerous, not safer. I had posted on and X5 SUV how Porsche is actually getting it right with the 2024 Cayenne a few days ago.

Within the strategy of cost cutting BMW, and others, have tried to brainwash us into thinking a bright ipad screen is the cool latest and greatest thing. Even the i7 has made me more dangerous. There are absolutely too many menus to get though to be safe. I’m always looking the change the Sirius channel about the time I get to my first stop sign.

Maybe I would learn everything much quicker if I drove 25k miles like I did a long time ago, but now I don’t and I’m not about to sit in my car for 30 min/day to learn everything frontwards and backwards.

I know I can say Hey BMW, turn off the AC, but why should I have to even push a button to interrupt my music, tell it what to do, and wait and see if it understood? And a lot times it doesn’t get it correct. Why can’t I just push a button to turn off my AC?

And why should I have to carry around a bottle of windex and a cloth in my car and have to clean it every time I drive the car? I don’t even like using my phone so I sure as hell don’t want to drive an ipad.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15856.00
celsdogg329.00