BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-05-2022, 09:39 PM   #727
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
There you go #DipStick right on queue.

I would have been happy for VER had he won the driver’s title earlier in the year. Instead, he failed to make the most of his opportunities while RB had a better car. When he had control of the outcome he blew it too many times and allowed Merc back into the race. Had the rules been followed he would not have won.

If you’re still unable to understand what happened at Silverstone you likely will never understand. It was the beginning of the unfolding of FIA race management for which there have been consequences despite your views to the contrary.

VER was not judged to be in the right at Silverstone, he put himself in that situation. If your unique view is that the car on the inside needs to give way then VER would have been in the wrong many times subsequently.

At this early stage I would guess race leads will not be a private party for VER and HAM this year. More than anyone else, I’m thinking VER will find it a bit tougher going this year.
Woah don't try and use logic they don't understand that sort of thing. They'll come up with more conspiracy theories.
irunalot1518.00
      03-05-2022, 09:41 PM   #728
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM and the Mercedes preachers will never get over it ...

#ButtHurt
Strange, the only people I keep seeing bringing up 2021's finale and bringing up Hamilton is you two.

You even created a whole thread about it.

Projection?
irunalot1518.00
      03-06-2022, 04:14 AM   #729
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

I would have been happy for VER had he won the driver’s title earlier in the year. Instead, he failed to make the most of his opportunities while RB had a better car. When he had control of the outcome he blew it too many times and allowed Merc back into the race. Had the rules been followed he would not have won.

If you’re still unable to understand what happened at Silverstone you likely will never understand. It was the beginning of the unfolding of FIA race management for which there have been consequences despite your views to the contrary.

VER was not judged to be in the right at Silverstone, he put himself in that situation. If your unique view is that the car on the inside needs to give way then VER would have been in the wrong many times subsequently.

At this early stage I would guess race leads will not be a private party for VER and HAM this year. More than anyone else, I’m thinking VER will find it a bit tougher going this year.
What's clear is that you know little about F1, HAM knew very well that Max would have to turn in to make top speed Copse corner and he especially and suddenly turned to the right knowing he would contact him and it was judged HAM's fault with a minuscule penalty for him.
The whole shebang after that was a disgrace and HAM should have rightly been black flagged for that move..so who is the real dipstick now.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2022, 05:10 AM   #730
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I meant 20 simpler engines with no batteries. F1 should be entertainment and escape from reality. All of my friends would prefer a return to screaming V10s over turbo hybrid trash.
No car makers who are in the sport would go for it though. It would make them and F1 un-relavant to their road cars in most markets which wouldn’t sit well for them. Removing some of the fancier engine tech that makes them efficient to help the VAG group join will make the louder, they are never going to be v8-v12 loud ever again with turbos unlikely to to ever be dropped now.

F1 is even looking at alternatives to carbon fibre as it’s so resource intensive to make.

If it doesn’t do this popular public opinion will close the sport down and push it into formula E, careful what you wish for.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 08:06 AM   #731
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
No car makers who are in the sport would go for it though. It would make them and F1 un-relavant to their road cars in most markets which wouldn’t sit well for them. Removing some of the fancier engine tech that makes them efficient to help the VAG group join will make the louder, they are never going to be v8-v12 loud ever again with turbos unlikely to to ever be dropped now.

F1 is even looking at alternatives to carbon fibre as it’s so resource intensive to make.

If it doesn’t do this popular public opinion will close the sport down and push it into formula E, careful what you wish for.
I get the car maker part but think you over estimate the public desire for battery powered race cars and relevance to what's parked in their driveway. I tried to watch Formula E...No Thanks!!!
Appreciate 4
Lady Jane72226.50
irunalot1518.00
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 08:29 AM   #732
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 08:41 AM   #733
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

My fear is that with tight restrictions that make the manufactures "happy" you end up with a diverse grid of names but near identical technology and performance. I find that existentially boring. At that point it's about marketing and not engineering a car that can win. That's happened in nearly every other racing series and I've stopped watching each one as engineering excellence no longer is a defining factor of speed and success. Win to much they slow you down or give everyone else an advantage. What's next participation podiums? That is moving to spec racing and puts me to sleep. I understand sustainability, but to truly make technological leaps in sustainability it's going to take bleeding edge technology which is now no longer in the forefront for success, all this just so other manufacturers can get marketing opportunities.

Is that really what racing is focusing on, marketing opportunities? If so I will spend my time and money elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 08:42 AM   #734
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Don't be worried . It's looking good my friend !

My prediction is : Ferrari in the top-3 with the strongest 2022 PU...

"Forza Ferrari" => #FerrariJetMode !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 09:15 AM   #735
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Like you I'm annoyed they stuck with the matt finish paint, what for I don't know but at least it's a darker shade of red.
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #736
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Strange, the only people I keep seeing bringing up 2021's finale and bringing up Hamilton is you two.

Projection?
Projection ?

Well mate , our projection is the fact that you guys ( Mercedes preachers ) and of course HAM an Wolff are still whining about the 2021 Mercedes disaster .

HAM's return only came at the moment when Masi was throwed under a bus , and is a true shame for motorsports !!!
#UnSeen !!!

Meanwhile HAM is still working on a plan to fire all the 2021 FIA marshals !
HAM said last Friday that MAX is a bully ! And MAX's drivers style is too aggresive and dangerous ?
Probably HAM wants traffic-jams on the track , while he's leading the races ?
Wolff said that he will never speak to Masi again ! Wolff screwed HAM , Period ! Because he was too chicken too call HAM to pit on time !

HAM and Wolff should shut it up ASAP . And move on !
HAM can better stop with his Drama-Queen-Show and his Ridiculous-Fashion-Clown-Circus ...

That's our "Projection"

Carry on ....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 09:23 AM   #737
Foghorn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
What's clear is that you know little about F1, HAM knew very well that Max would have to turn in to make top speed Copse corner and he especially and suddenly turned to the right knowing he would contact him and it was judged HAM's fault with a minuscule penalty for him.
The whole shebang after that was a disgrace and HAM should have rightly been black flagged for that move..so who is the real dipstick now.
Thick as a brick. VER was entitled to room on the outside, that’s all.
The stewards didn’t agree with you and drivers commented they no longer understand the rules.

You missed the whole thing. Not sure if that’s lack of comprehension of English or just a learning disability on your part.
Appreciate 2
Steeler2430.00
F87source7367.00
      03-06-2022, 09:29 AM   #738
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Simply brilliant

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 10:16 AM   #739
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Thick as a brick. VER was entitled to room on the outside, that’s all.
The stewards didn’t agree with you and drivers commented they no longer understand the rules.

You missed the whole thing. Not sure if that’s lack of comprehension of English or just a learning disability on your part.
Stand in the corner for the rest of the lesson.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2022, 10:19 AM   #740
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Simply brilliant

The best one yet
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2022, 11:31 AM   #741
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

1- Who got the penalty in the Silverstone incident ?
I'm pretty sure , HAM got the penalty .This means it was 100% HAM's fault .
MAX lost 25 driver points...
#HAM'sDirtyTricks !!!

2- Who eliminated 5 cars at the Hungarian Grand Prix ?
Yeah .It was a great move by Bottas , but MAX found his car heavily damaged , drove further without his side-pod (right-side), but he lost there 25 driver points ...

3- MAX's tyre blew at Azerbaijan while he was leading the race with + 10 sec. advantage and 5 laps to go .
Bad luck ! But once again he lost 25 driver points ..

Nonetheless....In Brazil ,HAM's Rocket Grenade PU was really required to keep it up !
And HAM's cheating (flexing) DRS wing as well...

MAX was actually , already at Brazil the 2021 WDC ,and HAM was already completely taken down at Brazil .
MAX lost '75 driver points and it wasn't his fault !
All the rest is just BS from you Mercedes Preachers .

Carry on ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #742
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
#HAM'sDirtyTricks !!!

Yeah .It was a great move by Bottas , but MAX found his car heavily damaged , drove further without his side-pod (right-side), but he lost there 25 driver points ...

3- MAX's tyre blew at Azerbaijan while he was leading the race with + 10 sec. advantage and 5 laps to go .

Nonetheless....In Brazil ,HAM's Rocket Grenade PU was really required to keep it up !

MAX was actually , already at Brazil the 2021 WDC ,and HAM was already completely taken down at Brazil .

Carry on ...
He doesn't come on that often, so typical of the HAM altar boys.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2022, 12:03 PM   #743
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post

Projection?
2021 is the gift that keeps on giving
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61851.50
      03-06-2022, 12:23 PM   #744
Foghorn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI

Quote:
#HAM'sDirtyTricks !!!

Carry on ...
HAM was not found to be 100% at fault in Silverstone. Had VER backed out he could have very well won the race. Instead his poor judgement got the better of him. Another example of when circumstances are under his control VER lacks good race craft.

VER tire blow out was another example of poor race craft from VER. There was no need to push that hard.

The logic you use here is more suited to a Brexit debate or a US political discussion.
Appreciate 3
irunalot1518.00
F87source7367.00
Steeler2430.00
      03-06-2022, 12:51 PM   #745
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Looking forward to the new stern approach to F1 race control. This comment by Dutch racing driver Giedo van der Garde on Eduardo Freitas brings hope for what should be a fair but unyielding application of the rules...
"Freitas? He's a good race director. I have known him for a few years. He is a strict guy, rules are rules with him. If you don't follow them, with him you just get a penalty!"
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      03-06-2022, 01:42 PM   #746
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF. E70

Quote:
2021 is the gift that keeps on giving
I saw what you did there, if you actually meant it.
Kinda fitting the gullible twins were the only ones who appreciated it
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      03-06-2022, 04:03 PM   #747
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
I saw what you did there, if you actually meant it.
Kinda fitting the gullible twins were the only ones who appreciated it
Figured there was a little something there for everyone
Appreciate 2
irunalot1518.00
Steeler2430.00
      03-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #748
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
HAM was not found to be 100% at fault in Silverstone. Had VER backed out he could have very well won the race. Instead his poor judgement got the better of him. Another example of when circumstances are under his control VER lacks good race craft.

VER tire blow out was another example of poor race craft from VER. There was no need to push that hard.

The logic you use here is more suited to a Brexit debate or a US political discussion.
Mate . You must be kidding ?

Podiums Year Grand Prix Circuit Pos N° Chassis Engine Tyre

60 2021 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
59 2021 Saudi Arabia Djeddah 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
58 2021 Qatar Losail 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
57 2021 São Paulo Interlagos 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
56 2021 Mexico City Mexico City 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
55 2021 USA Austin 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
54 2021 Turkey Istanbul 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
53 2021 Russia Sochi 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
52 2021 Netherlands Zandvoort 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
51 2021 Belgium Spa-Francorchamps 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
50 2021 Austria Spielberg 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
49 2021 Styria Spielberg 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
48 2021 France Le Castellet 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
47 2021 Monaco Monaco 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
46 2021 Spain Barcelone 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
45 2021 Portugal Portimão 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
44 2021 Emilia-Romagna Imola 1 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
43 2021 Bahrain Sakhir 2 33 Red Bull RB16B Honda V6 t h Pirelli
42 2020 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina 1 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
41 2020 Bahrain Sakhir 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
40 2020 Portugal Portimão 3 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
39 2020 Eifel Nürburgring 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
38 2020 Russia Sochi 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
37 2020 Belgium Spa-Francorchamps 3 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
36 2020 Spain Barcelone 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
35 2020 70th Anniversary Silverstone 1 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
34 2020 Britain Silverstone 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
33 2020 Hungary Hungaroring 2 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
32 2020 Styria Spielberg 3 33 Red Bull RB16 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
31 2019 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina 2 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
30 2019 Brazil Interlagos 1 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
29 2019 USA Austin 3 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
28 2019 Singapore Singapour 3 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
27 2019 Hungary Hungaroring 2 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
26 2019 Germany Hockenheim 1 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
25 2019 Austria Spielberg 1 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
24 2019 Spain Barcelone 3 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
23 2019 Australia Melbourne 3 33 Red Bull RB15 Honda V6 t h Pirelli
22 2018 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina 3 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
21 2018 Brazil Interlagos 2 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
20 2018 Mexico Mexico City 1 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
19 2018 USA Austin 2 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
18 2018 Japan Suzuka 3 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
17 2018 Singapore Singapour 2 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
16 2018 Belgium Spa-Francorchamps 3 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
15 2018 Austria Spielberg 1 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
14 2018 France Le Castellet 2 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
13 2018 Canada Montréal 3 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
12 2018 Spain Barcelone 3 33 Red Bull RB14 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
11 2017 Mexico Mexico City 1 33 Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
10 2017 Japan Suzuka 2 33 Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
9 2017 Malaysia Kuala Lumpur 1 33 Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
8 2017 China Shanghai 3 33 Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
7 2016 Brazil Interlagos 3 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
6 2016 Japan Suzuka 2 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
5 2016 Malaysia Kuala Lumpur 2 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
4 2016 Germany Hockenheim 3 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
3 2016 Britain Silverstone 2 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
2 2016 Austria Spielberg 2 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
1 2016 Spain Barcelone 1 33 Red Bull RB12 TAG Heuer V6 t h Pirelli
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61851.50