Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

03-22-2022, 02:41 PM   #45
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
Have you considered AST? I know it's not adjustable but people who have it seem to love it and it does look like the perfect drop that's not too low. I had KW HAS and returned it for the reasons mentioned previously. Looks like they now have a spacer that raises the rear a bit so it can actually be "adjusted".

I'm waiting to install my RSC front lip before deciding on whether I should / can drop my car without destroying it. But I am leaning towards AST for the time being until a reputable streed-focused coilover kit comes out.
      03-22-2022, 03:03 PM   #46
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

We might be testing the AST on the shop's M4 soon, I'll let you guys know how it goes

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #47
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
It seems like despite their mishaps with unhappy early customers, the MSS kit is comfortable and now more adjustable than the KW kit (particularly for the higher). I continue to lean towards MSS…

Still undecided on spacer size. Thinking 12+. Maybe 12 all around?

I have the pirellis. Eventually, I'll go to Michelin.

Awesome, thanks dude! I will pay them a visit again for alignment after Thursday's shenanigans.

Looking forward to meeting Ben, too. I haven't stopped there before.

Thanks for the advice/recs.
Ben will steer you right as he has both kits and has tangible experience driving both.

Ill say this again, KW is a great product and over 15 prior cars have been privy to the drops they provided and a few private label novitec cars too. But MSS has impressed and is on my car(s) now and the adjustability piece you personally need is a game changer. And even with the "hack" that I wanted to get MSS to max low in the front; the car rode so nice.

12mm will be fine with Pirellis and Ben can do a non material adjustment to your fins to avoid any unwanted noises when backing up in parking lots.
I think this is exactly what I will do. MSS and 12's all around…

Can't wait for Thursday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebor View Post
What i noticed while looking at the different options out there, is that the KW HAS kit while on the rear being almost too low, the front is too high. There is quite a gap on the lowest setting and the MSS springs look better to my eye. Per Vics pic above, this is what i consider the perfect drop on the front. But KW sits 1/2" higher at least.
I had my KW HAS installed yesterday. This is on the highest setting in the back and somewhere in the middle in the front with threads to spare to adjust higher or lower on both ends. I can't speak for the G80, but the G82 hight adjustability is just right on OEM wheel and tire setup. No spacers yet, but hopefully soon!
Your G82 looks perfect man! As others have said, if KW produced the same result on the G80, I'd prob be more swayed to that setup.
It looks great on yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
Have you considered AST? I know it's not adjustable but people who have it seem to love it and it does look like the perfect drop that's not too low. I had KW HAS and returned it for the reasons mentioned previously. Looks like they now have a spacer that raises the rear a bit so it can actually be "adjusted".

I'm waiting to install my RSC front lip before deciding on whether I should / can drop my car without destroying it. But I am leaning towards AST for the time being until a reputable streed-focused coilover kit comes out.
I did briefly but I prefer an adjustable kit so I can have it dialed in to my preferred height.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13122.00
      03-22-2022, 09:56 PM   #48
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

I did briefly but I prefer an adjustable kit so I can have it dialed in to my preferred height.
Just went and got an alignment:

After two different suspension changes (remember I had the regular MSS and didnt align) and now on the new and improved MSS drop...

My camber was negative 1.90 (no OEM adjusters) but still barely within spec plus I drive my car and turn it alot lol so 1.9 neg is nada.

The toe was slightly off and we fixed that. Toe is clearly the street driving tire wear that wears even more than Camber as it scrubs the tires.

Im shocked after two different lowering adjustments its barely out of spec...

I dont track the car so this is perfect for me and reasonable aggressive street use.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport13122.00
RockinPA4860.00
jmg18876.50
mzcp2716.00
      03-22-2022, 10:22 PM   #49
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

After two different suspension changes (remember I had the regular MSS and didnt align) and now on the new and improved MSS drop...

My camber was negative 1.90 (no OEM adjusters) but still barely within spec plus I drive my car and turn it alot lol so 1.9 neg is nada.

The toe was slightly off and we fixed that. Toe is clearly the street driving tire wear that wears even more than Camber as it scrubs the tires.

I dont track the car so this is perfect for me and reasonable aggressive street use.
That is crazy! Think it's good to wait a couple weeks after springs to align or go asap? I've never lowered a car so 🤷🏻*♂️
I'll def have to go over to supreme at some point to ensure it's dialed in.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:37 PM   #50
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is crazy! Think it's good to wait a couple weeks after springs to align or go asap? I've never lowered a car so 🤷🏻*♂️
Drive it for a week or so to let the suspension settle. The suspension length at rest affects camber.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4860.00
      03-22-2022, 10:44 PM   #51
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah as JMG said, I waited about 200 miles but its all good probably even less.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-23-2022, 12:05 AM   #52
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Thank you guys! Will do!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:16 AM   #53
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

Quote:
I had my KW HAS installed yesterday. This is on the highest setting in the back and somewhere in the middle in the front with threads to spare to adjust higher or lower on both ends. I can't speak for the G80, but the G82 hight adjustability is just right on OEM wheel and tire setup. No spacers yet, but hopefully soon!
Yeah, the rear is good for the G82. But then again, the front is a bit too high. But i have yet to see one in person to find out wether i like the drop with KW or not.

Concerning the H&R VTF springs, they are actually exactly the same as the KW HAS, but different colors. They are both manufactured by KW.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-23-2022, 03:25 AM   #54
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebor View Post
Quote:
Yeah, the rear is good for the G82. But then again, the front is a bit too high. But i have yet to see one in person to find out wether i like the drop with KW or not.

Concerning the H&R VTF springs, they are actually exactly the same as the KW HAS, but different colors. They are both manufactured by KW.
The rear is almost at its highest, but the front can be lowered more. That's what the HAS is designed to do.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-23-2022, 03:38 AM   #55
RichardGM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Reading with interest as I'm going through this same debate with myself. Started thinking Eibach's but they're not adjustable or available until Autumn at the earliest (for xDrive).

Then leaning towards KW HAS but now almost certain to go for the new lower MSS kit, which Evolve have in stock in he UK, once I have my car back from BMW (sorting a steering wheel alignment problem, plus some other annoying issues).
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-23-2022, 09:55 AM   #56
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
Reading with interest as I'm going through this same debate with myself. Started thinking Eibach's but they're not adjustable or available until Autumn at the earliest (for xDrive).

Then leaning towards KW HAS but now almost certain to go for the new lower MSS kit, which Evolve have in stock in he UK, once I have my car back from BMW (sorting a steering wheel alignment problem, plus some other annoying issues).
It's not an easy choice… this thread has helped me a ton and im grateful as always for everyone that's weighed in.

Eibach makes the springs in the MSS kit…

I think if I had an M4, it'd be a very tough choice since both look great. For the M3 though, the MSS kit offers more flexibility in going higher or lower to my spec/ preference.

Good luck with whatever you decide man!
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 10:02 AM   #57
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's not an easy choice… this thread has helped me a ton and im grateful as always for everyone that's weighed in.

I think if I had an M4, it'd be a very tough choice since both look great. For the M3 though, the MSS kit offers more flexibility in going higher or lower to my spec/ preference.

Oh btw I didnt get the alignment yesterday done with Eric as I was impatient and he was booked. I went to wheelwarehouse in Orange and they have a vin scanner that pulled up the OEM specs so I was all good there... They have aligned a few other of my cars including the Porsche GTS and its the same tech for the last 20 years or so.

Obviously this is not track alignment or corner balancing but its what is necessary for street and tire wear extension. Boy that rear muffler WAS ugly wasnt it

Appreciate 2
RockinPA4860.00
jmg18876.50
      03-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #58
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Oh btw I didnt get the alignment yesterday done with Eric as I was impatient and he was booked. I went to wheelwarehouse in Orange and they have a vin scanner that pulled up the OEM specs so I was all good there... They have aligned a few other of my cars including the Porsche GTS and its the same tech for the last 20 years or so.

Obviously this is not track alignment or corner balancing but its what is necessary for street and tire wear extension. Boy that rear muffler WAS ugly wasnt it

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0[/img]
Ahh ok! I am the same way so that's nice to hear there are other good options. I will check them out!

Did you get a new exhaust setup???

I didn't mention but I'm getting a PSI midpipe installed tomorrow am, prior to my visit with Ben!

Big day for my Mexico blue beauty! Midpipe, M Performance steering wheel install, and MSS/spacers…
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13122.00
      03-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #59
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:

That's where I use to go before I meet Eric. I know that tech! Just like you said, he's been there 20+yrs! My first time with them was back in 1997! Bought some sweet 16" wheels for my Acura Integra! lol.
      03-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #60
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Ahh ok! I am the same way so that's nice to hear there are other good options. I will check them out!

I didn't mention but I'm getting a PSI midpipe installed tomorrow am, prior to my visit with Ben!

Big day for my Mexico blue beauty! Midpipe, M Performance steering wheel install, and MSS/spacers…
yep got a new one--- who is doing your psi install ...

posted here

brand new first to rock it in stateside--- owner of Tubi Exhaust

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1899595

Appreciate 4
jmg18876.50
RockinPA4860.00
r33_RGSport13122.00
Seandale521.00
      03-23-2022, 11:58 AM   #61
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

yep got a new one--- who is doing your psi install ...

posted here

brand new first to rock it in stateside--- owner of Tubi Exhaust

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1899595

That sounds pretty damn good!! I like that, actually! It looks SO MUCH better too! I gotta see /hear this beast in person sometime man.

I may have to rid my OEM exhaust eventually. I do hate how bulky it is /how it looks. I'm going to see how I like the sound with just the psi midpipe and everything else OEM.
Chances are, I'll get a new exhaust eventually and this would be a nice option. I'll have to hit up supreme for pricing/availability.

Going to EAS. I haven't been there before but they have them in stock and an appointment available for tomorrow am (I'm impatient too) so I'll stop there in am and then Ben's shop in the afternoon.
Appreciate 3
Vic5519817.50
tom @ eas8311.50
r33_RGSport13122.00
      03-23-2022, 01:55 PM   #62
kevin @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
That sounds pretty damn good!! I like that, actually! It looks SO MUCH better too! I gotta see /hear this beast in person sometime man.

I may have to rid my OEM exhaust eventually. I do hate how bulky it is /how it looks. I'm going to see how I like the sound with just the psi midpipe and everything else OEM.
Chances are, I'll get a new exhaust eventually and this would be a nice option. I'll have to hit up supreme for pricing/availability.

Going to EAS. I haven't been there before but they have them in stock and an appointment available for tomorrow am (I'm impatient too) so I'll stop there in am and then Ben's shop in the afternoon.

Good talking to you on Monday, see you tomorrow morning for the midpipe.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00
      03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #63
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin @ eas View Post
Quote:

Good talking to you on Monday, see you tomorrow morning for the midpipe.
You too man! See you in the am! Looking forward to it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #64
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Here's my car on the MSS kit. It's at the perfect height for me. I still have about 7mm of threads left to play with in the front.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
RockinPA4860.00
jmg18876.50
'Cane8732.50
Seandale521.00
      03-23-2022, 10:16 PM   #65
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Here's my car on the MSS kit. It's at the perfect height for me. I still have about 7mm of threads left to play with in the front.
Love it man. That's how I want mine to sit!

Spacers? Which size?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:26 PM   #66
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Love it man. That's how I want mine to sit!

Spacers? Which size?
I have Pirellis, running 15mm in the rear and 12mm in the front due to rubbing. I originally had 10mm front and 12mm rears. Was disappointed with the look. So I bumped it up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RockinPA4860.00