BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I'll give you that $10k was a lowball offer, but that Autotrader ad doesn't prove anything. Anyone paying that for that car is getting screwed. There are dozens on there for much less money with lower mileage.

You can probably expect to get $14k for your car on trade. The mods take away from the value, not add to it.
I'd never trade my car in. No matter what you do on a trade in, you always get ripped off, especially in the case of a car like mine. Like I said earlier, I've already had people offer me $17k.

I specialize in Automotive Photography. Visit my site here.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #24
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
Yeah, I liked the 370z, but not enough to drop that money on it. I would expect the 370z to have a nice ride and low road noise, I wouldn't expect that of the Mustang - they're in two completely different classes. But the bottom line is, the Mustang drives so much nicer than the 370, in my opinion. The ride is smoother and the only thing you hear is the roar of that V8 engine. But you're right, it's no refined BMW, that's for sure.
i feel like youre looking at the 370z for the wrong reasons.

if you want a sports car get the Z if you want a sports coupe get the mustang
      04-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

You should be thankful they let you drive anything your age and level of experience and as others have said they did you favour by appraising your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #26
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadime View Post
Seriously man, if you were there, you would have understood.
I understand. Before I bought the M3, I looked at a GTR, and I was immediately turned off by the group of slimy sales thugs standing outside the door of the dealership. Next, when I asked about the GTR, they treated me like an asshole (undeserved this time) until they saw my S5. When I asked to drive it the salesman actually laughed. I immediately asked to speak to the sales manager, and my request was met with questions as to why. I told him I need to speak with someone who can make decisions, and that I didn't want to deal with the whole "let me ask my manager" BS.

The manager came out and told me that people who buy 80k cars don't like other people driving them beforehand and he asked if I was ready to buy today. I told him that people who buy 80k cars like to get a feel for what they are paying for BEFORE they buy it. I also told them that I was just handed the keys to a 70k M3 and a 115K M6 and told to drive them as long as I liked, to which he had no reply.

After much discussion, I was finally given a test drive around the parking lot of the dealership, afterwhich the salesthug asked, "Well, what do you think?" I told him not much since I didn't get it over 20MPH. He then tried to sell me the car by saying it would kick the M3's ass.

Finally, after the salesthug couldn't answer any questions about the car's features, maintenance program or service costs, I told them I was leaving. My head hurt and all I wanted to do was leave. I told them that not only were they competing aginst other manufacturers cars, they were competing against their customer buying experience as well. I told the manager that their expensive car was actually at the entry level price point of it's competitors and that they should consider the fact that most people who are sucessful enough to be considering that type of car are not the type to be easily manipulated or willing to endure such tactics. It was the most unpleasant car buying experience I have ever had. Nissan will never get any of my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Don't let one sh1t dealership represent the car. Just because you were treated unfairly at the dealership doesn't mean the car sucks, it's irrelevant.
      04-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

That is a shame.

I had two Titans, 350Z and got my folks a Murano and now a Rogue from the same store. BUT I always call my guy and tell him what I need and to have it ready/clean/fueled/keys and for no one to hound my ass. He does all of the above except stop Skippy from trying to open my door as I am parking. Great service department and have never had much of any issues with the Nissan product.

You buying today dude?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
I understand. It was the most unpleasant car buying experience I have ever had. Nissan will never get any of my money.
I swear man, that is like an exact re-creation of my experience, just with a GT-R. Literally the exact same thing that happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson92
i feel like youre looking at the 370z for the wrong reasons.

if you want a sports car get the Z if you want a sports coupe get the mustang
You could be right, but I'm really not sure what I want. I just figured that I would try out my options and go from there, you know? So, at least I know what I don't want now...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the car based on the experience. The car was pretty sweet, but not sweet enough to get me to buy anything from that dealer.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #30
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
You should be thankful they let you drive anything your age and level of experience and as others have said they did you favour by appraising your car.
I should be thankful? I don't know about that. They didn't do me any favors, they just tried to squeeze $30,000 out of me.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #31
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Don't let one sh1t dealership represent the car. Just because you were treated unfairly at the dealership doesn't mean the car sucks, it's irrelevant.
Never said anything about the car, other than I didn't get a chance to see what the coolest sports car of the decade could do. Unfair test drive. Kinda like getting hooked up with megan fox and the only thing you can touch is her thumbs...

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #32
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

The GTR at the local dealer ship has a velvet rope around it. You cant even sit in the car if you ask. Its pretty funny.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
The GTR at the local dealer ship has a velvet rope around it. You cant even sit in the car if you ask. Its pretty funny.
Ahahahahaha...how do they really expect to sell that car? I mean, I can understand wanting to keep your average idiots from ruining it, but what happens when a serious buyer comes along?

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #34
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Never said anything about the car, other than I didn't get a chance to see what the coolest sports car of the decade could do. Unfair test drive. Kinda like getting hooked up with megan fox and the only thing you can touch is her thumbs...
1-2-3-4 I declare a thumb war. 5-6-7-8 I'll use this hand to masturbate.... later.

I have always had good luck with BMW. I drove up in a Honda Civic by myself at 22yrs old after I landed my first job and they let me drive anything I wanted. It was nice.

I didn't look at Nissan but the Infinity dealership also let me take out any car I wanted... and nobody had to ride with me on that one! Haha.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #35
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
It's fucking ridiculous...The interior is just as plasticky and the rest of their lineup. What? You might scratch the vinyl on the way in? Please.

My guy at Audi let me drive an R8 just because he wanted to get my reaction. He just gave me the keys, no salesperson in the car, no time limit. I know I sound like a car snob, but in this day and age, the DB at nissan has no idea who can or can't afford their cars. Plus, they kept telling me it was gonna cost 15K over sticker. So, now I go back and see the same car on the floor and I smile. I told a new guy I'd do the deal right now for 15K under sticker. I think they actually considered it

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #36
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
^^ yeah I saw. 10-15K over sticker here too. I laughed at them when they came and talked to me.

I said, I'll buy it for 15K over sticker right now if you'll cover everything under warranty no matter what mode I am driving in
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
^^ yeah I saw. 10-15K over sticker here too. I laughed at them when they came and talked to me.

I said, I'll buy it for 15K over sticker right now if you'll cover everything under warranty no matter what mode I am driving in
I bet they didn't think that was very funny. But I do! Its a great car, but I know a few people ho got em and dumped them pretty quick solely because of the service and the warranty issues.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #38
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I hate Nissan but you are the bigger problem. You test drive cars for fun and got butt hurt when they realized that they were not going to be of any use to them? Yes, some of the story pointed to serious issues with customer service at that dealer but if i was a 17 year old that just went around looking to get his hands on anything he can, i would not expect much (or anything).

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #39
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I hate Nissan but you are the bigger problem. You test drive cars for fun and got butt hurt when they realized that they were not going to be of any use to them? Yes, some of the story pointed to serious issues with customer service at that dealer but if i was a 17 year old that just went around looking to get his hands on anything he can, i would not expect much (or anything).
Dude, are you kidding me? I don't go around test driving cars for the hell of it. I'm in the market to buy right now. Granted, I don't have $30,000 (what 17 year old does?) but I can easily afford a 350z. I've test driven two cars in my entire life: A 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, which was very much in my price range, and that 370z, which was simply taking the place of the 350z that I was interested in, but they didn't have. The M6 was a car that my dad had great interest in and the salesperson at BMW said that I should test it out too, just for fun. Before I took the drive at Nissan, I told the salesman that I wanted a 350z and couldn't afford a 370z. He said that we should take a drive anyway, so we did. Please, delight me and tell me how a client that's ready to buy is the bigger problem. Also, I have no idea what you mean by "got butt hurt when they realized that they were not going to be of any use to them"...

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #40
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

well what do you know, one dealer offered me 5k for my evo. I laughed at the guy's face and walked out without a word.
      04-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
well what do you know, one dealer offered me 5k for my evo. I laughed at the guy's face and walked out without a word.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #42
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
Jeez, that's so much worse than my offer. Wow...

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #43
eclivia
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

LMAO... You let them push you around then come home and rant on here. 18k on 05 mustang vert? LMAO. A salesman push you around then you blame it on all the nissan dealership? You are really 17. You should have let your dad do the talking. I dont feel sorry for you at all. Its a learning experience for you, you will run into these situations more.

Couple tips for you

If you go with your dad, let your dad talk. guaranteed a better result

trade in value is different then private sale( cant always depend on kbb as they dont follow it 100percent)

Half the time you go to a dealership, you will be push around( prepare for that) especially at 17.

Believe it or not, the salesmen that pushes people around, sales alot.

It seem like your really easy to get push around, let someone do the talking or go thru a car broker
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Gotadime
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclivia View Post
LMAO... You let them push you around then come home and rant on here. 18k on 05 mustang vert? LMAO. A salesman push you around then you blame it on all the nissan dealership? You are really 17.
Go to the first page and take a look at my car. I've already been offered $17K and I turned it down. KBB doesn't apply in this case, bud. Why don't you have some respect and think before you blatantly insult another person's car.

I actually didn't intend on ranting here. Someone on ZPost was talking about getting a 370Z. I started to make a reply and when I saw how long it was getting, I decided to start a thread about it and just leave the link in his 370Z post.

The very fact that you cut on me based on my age displays nothing but ignorance. Seriously man, I'm a 17 year old entrepreneur with a steady income (though it may sound ridiculous, it's true). I think that I'm worthy of a little respect. Just saying...

As far as getting pushed around goes, yeah, I got pushed around big time. But that's just because I'm a well-mannered person that takes other people's thoughts and concerns seriously. The guy was just doing his job and I felt a little obligated. Yep, it's definitely my fault for sticking around and I did learn a lot from that experience. First lesson: Exactly how I should not run my photography business. Second lesson: Stick with classy, reputable dealers. Simple as that.

Really, this whole thing wasn't that big of a deal. I just decided to share it with the community. Don't crucify me, for Christ's sake.

Appreciate 0