BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-11-2023, 10:17 PM   #23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: .

GTR all day long. Faster car and will be worth more money.

I own a 9 sec street driven R35 myself. 145 MPH traps and I still take it grocery shopping.
Appreciate 3
JFIV401.50
jm490519.00
      05-14-2023, 03:54 AM   #24
HudsonHornett
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CSL, BMW X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTC3000 View Post
No, the engine still lacks charisma, the digital dashboard readouts are a godawful mess and the eight-speed automatic gearbox feels like a saloon car transmission doing its very best karaoke impression of a proper sports car gearbox – downshifts are a particular disappointment, sluggish, soft and delayed. Give us back the old M-DCT twin-clutch any day. But if you can put up with all that, this is a monstrously fast and exploitable track car.

Funny, I also own a Huracan Performante with one of the best DCT systems on the market and I drove a regular M3 Comp on several occasions and I never had the feeling that the gearbox is sluggish, soft and delayed.

Sorry but the whole review seems to be not very positive, especially when the author claims that the engine lacks charisma. Seriously? This is the best turbo charged engine I ever drove and I owned many cars, incl. various 911 Turbos.
I agree with you. Top Gear magazine are idiots, can't drive for toffee and if the ZF8 is so crap, why do they use it in the M4 GT4 race car?
suffer101.50
      05-16-2023, 07:31 AM   #25
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

congrats on the Nismo, OP! the GTR is a car i've always been really interested in but never pulled the trigger. my wife had a pathfinder once and i think nissan left a bad impression on her lol.

the M2 CS is probably one of the best "drivers cars" the modern world has seen so i'll be interested to see how you feel about the GTR after driving it for a while and get the initial giddies out. not to say you won't be able to enjoy it for a very long time though, just seems like a really different car compared to M2CS and evo. most of us know what it's like to scratch an itch though!

i have an M3CS coming in and i was pretty sure i wouldn't have any more M cars ... i like them a lot but more of an all-rounder and i've split roles by adding more cars to the garage. when i found an unspoken for M3CS locally, i had to jump at it and i'm really interested to see how i feel about it (especially after i remove some fo the red outlined trim, ha!

looking forward to the Nismo vs. 3CS review! videos will be a must.

Appreciate 2
suffer101.50
      05-16-2023, 02:58 PM   #26
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Went from G80 to F90 and after owning both I still miss my GT-R. That being said I think the fact that the Nismo will appreciate over time if you take care of it and dont daily it would be the deciding factor for. Both great cars. Glad you picked up the Nismo its definitely on my list of cars to own one day for good.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 08:00 PM   #27
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Depends on what you want in a car. I enjoyed my GTR (not a NISMO), but it had many issues.

First, it is loud. Between tire and engine noise, I have no idea if the audio system was any good because even on glass smooth freeways, I could not hear anything but the tires and the exhaust. This made it exhausting (pun intended) on any long freeway trip. So, fun for short runs, terrible for road trips.

Second, the suspension was ridiculously harsh. I discovered there was a road joint on the freeway for my daily commute because the suspension would crash over it. This was quite a surprise because I never even noticed this joint in any other car, including my wife's AMG C63.

Third, at any speed under 90 MPH, there was no drama or excitement at all. It just felt boring to drive. This led to my biggest problem, a citation for 95 MPH in a 65 MPH zone exit ramp (I may have been going faster, but the officer took pity on me). After the court date, my wife demanded that I sell the car as I was not sufficiently responsible to own it.

From everything I have read, the M3 CS will not have any of the above issues, and it has a back seat that actual humans can use, plus a trunk large enough for more than 2 grocery bags. Thus, from the perspective of practicality and preservation of driving privileges, the CS is my hands down choice.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2023, 09:58 PM   #28
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
... After the court date, my wife demanded that I sell the car as I was not sufficiently responsible to own it.

...Thus, from the perspective of practicality and preservation of driving privileges, the CS is my hands down choice.

ahhh .. great post! and very relatable.

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 06:13 PM   #29
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Depends on what you want in a car. I enjoyed my GTR (not a NISMO), but it had many issues.

First, it is loud. Between tire and engine noise, I have no idea if the audio system was any good because even on glass smooth freeways, I could not hear anything but the tires and the exhaust. This made it exhausting (pun intended) on any long freeway trip. So, fun for short runs, terrible for road trips.

Second, the suspension was ridiculously harsh. I discovered there was a road joint on the freeway for my daily commute because the suspension would crash over it. This was quite a surprise because I never even noticed this joint in any other car, including my wife's AMG C63.

Third, at any speed under 90 MPH, there was no drama or excitement at all. It just felt boring to drive. This led to my biggest problem, a citation for 95 MPH in a 65 MPH zone exit ramp (I may have been going faster, but the officer took pity on me). After the court date, my wife demanded that I sell the car as I was not sufficiently responsible to own it.

From everything I have read, the M3 CS will not have any of the above issues, and it has a back seat that actual humans can use, plus a trunk large enough for more than 2 grocery bags. Thus, from the perspective of practicality and preservation of driving privileges, the CS is my hands down choice.
You lost me after the wife demanded you sell. Man card revoked for life. Lol. I never understand why people get a GTR and complain about noise and comfort? The car is made for 1 thing only!! It’s one thing I love when driving my brothers. It’s totally obnoxious. He has fully built trans with gears and yes you here it. But it’s cool, different. I’m not driving the thing 20 hours to Florida. It’s not made for that. You buy them to build and go fast. Period.
Appreciate 0