MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTheHeel View Post
Yeah, I don't want the bucket seats either. Definitely going full leather regardless of color choice; The biggest thing I am waffling on is the CF exterior package. I like how you punched up the standard seats with the CF backs. Do those just adhere on?
Exterior package is worth it IMO. Unless you don't mind going aftermarket and dealing with the stress that comes with it.

The CF seat covers are just stuck with double sided tape, pretty easy and a nice little mod, not bad for the price.
      07-21-2022, 08:52 PM   #24
BillTheHeel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 6MT (on order)

Man, just loving your build. While I currently have a deposit on a 6MT M4. I am doing some soul searching and thinking that as this will have to serve as daily driver for a while, maybe I can hold off on the 6MT and buy something used in the future, like a Porsche Cayman GTS if money isn't tight, or a Miata convertible if it is tight. Then, if I don't need 6MT, then I don't have to have ID7. If I don't have to have ID7, I could go with a 2023 MY m3 comp with ID8 instead. While I live in the South, I want to own this car a long time so xDrive might not be a bad idea, and if that model has the longest wait times, it just gives me more time to save for the down payment and max out the spec; I drive a perfectly fine 2019 g30 540i xDrive that is close to being paid off for the time being, so I am not impatient. Hmmm.

Edit: Sorry to keep hijacking your thread, but which wheels are those? 826M bicolors look way more silver-y on the M3 build site than the M4 build site.

Last edited by BillTheHeel; 07-21-2022 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3459.50
      07-22-2022, 07:47 AM   #25
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
I knew I didn't want bucket seats (too narrow) so nothing held me back from Tartufo. M cars can pull off any sporty color but I wanted something classsy and luxurious and to me Tartufo was it. It's a gorgeous color. Make sure you go full leather if you can.
On my first visit to the dealer I ordered from, I sat in Tartufo and loved it. I sure admire the sporty look of the other colors, but Tartufo is so classy. I wish they added some black on the seat centers or at least black stitching throughout; that would take it to another level. But Full is a must with Tartufo. The car I sat in was extended and it did not look great where the Tartufo stopped on the doors. All other colors include black on the seats and you can get away with it color wise, but not on Tartufo. And all of the extra leather makes the cabin feel more premium.

I love your paddle shifters. Are they hard to install? I know everyone raves about the carbon, and I have it ordered on mine, but the metal finish looks much nice IMO.
Appreciate 2
MMM.PWR3459.50
playswcars3689.00
      07-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #26
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTheHeel View Post
Man, just loving your build. While I currently have a deposit on a 6MT M4. I am doing some soul searching and thinking that as this will have to serve as daily driver for a while, maybe I can hold off on the 6MT and buy something used in the future, like a Porsche Cayman GTS if money isn't tight, or a Miata convertible if it is tight. Then, if I don't need 6MT, then I don't have to have ID7. If I don't have to have ID7, I could go with a 2023 MY m3 comp with ID8 instead. While I live in the South, I want to own this car a long time so xDrive might not be a bad idea, and if that model has the longest wait times, it just gives me more time to save for the down payment and max out the spec; I drive a perfectly fine 2019 g30 540i xDrive that is close to being paid off for the time being, so I am not impatient. Hmmm.

Edit: Sorry to keep hijacking your thread, but which wheels are those? 826M bicolors look way more silver-y on the M3 build site than the M4 build site.
I'd get a manual unless you need or really want AWD. For me, it was a no brainer to go with xDrive as winter here is half the year. They're the 826 M bi-color wheels, love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM4 View Post
On my first visit to the dealer I ordered from, I sat in Tartufo and loved it. I sure admire the sporty look of the other colors, but Tartufo is so classy. I wish they added some black on the seat centers or at least black stitching throughout; that would take it to another level. But Full is a must with Tartufo. The car I sat in was extended and it did not look great where the Tartufo stopped on the doors. All other colors include black on the seats and you can get away with it color wise, but not on Tartufo. And all of the extra leather makes the cabin feel more premium.

I love your paddle shifters. Are they hard to install? I know everyone raves about the carbon, and I have it ordered on mine, but the metal finish looks much nice IMO.
Tartufo is great. I'm not sure the full leather option gives you more Tartufo on the doors - I think it just adds more leather (black) which is also pretty damn nice. I love them too, the install was not hard. But it was tricky and a bit time consuming. I could probably do it again in 10 min if I needed to. There's a couple of videos online but let me know if you need help if you do get them.
      07-22-2022, 12:14 PM   #27
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Tastefully done!
      12-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #28
Nado
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
Hello. Excellent build. Any chance of you posting up current photos with the Eibachs on?

I have a set of HR Sports (30mm) that I am debating on putting on. Im afraid when I add a front lip I might want that extra 10mm of clearance with the Eibachs.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 09:23 AM   #29
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nado View Post
Hello. Excellent build. Any chance of you posting up current photos with the Eibachs on?

I have a set of HR Sports (30mm) that I am debating on putting on. Im afraid when I add a front lip I might want that extra 10mm of clearance with the Eibachs.

Thanks!
Thanks! I do have to update this journal. For now, take a look at my post history - I have a lot of pictures of the car with the springs on.
      12-28-2022, 09:42 AM   #30
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
My favorite G80 build. Keep it up man!
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3459.50