G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

09-20-2024, 07:12 AM   #23
Predatorsniper
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1990 Eagle Talon TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
I've had full silverstone leather in my F82 M4 for nearly 3 years, covering 35k miles and regularly having kids in the front and back, including the use of a car booster seat for my youngest.

There are literally no marks on the leather whatsoever anywhere in the car, including the drivers seat - and I wear jeans every day. So as long as the quality of the leather interior is as good in the new Gen cars, (and there's no reason to think it won't be), you shouldn't have any issues.

The only place I've had any discolouration at times is on the centre arm rest that I use all the time, however simply wiping it with a leather cleaning wipe (I use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes) removes it easily and leaves no discolouration.

I did once transfer brake dust and dirt from my hands onto the Silverstone leather on the door and again, it easily wiped off with a leather wipe leaving no discolouration.
I appreciate this post, the example you provided has been a concern for me in deciding which interior color I wanted to go with. Thx
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2024, 11:14 AM   #24
Pratas
Rep
Drives:

here are some
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-20-2024, 12:03 PM   #25
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

I've had silverstone full leather on my E92, both my F82s and just ordered it on the G82. Best color to me. Never had a wear problem. The dark jeans could discolor it if not careful, but it can be cleaned.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2024, 08:53 PM   #26
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

I’m going Silverstone in my next build, I think. Love the look and allows me to go with almost any exterior color. Hard to go wrong with it, IMO.
Appreciate 0