07-19-2024, 07:37 AM   #45
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Our exhaust system utilizes the factory motor actuators. While some exhausts use aftermarket actuators for their own valve controllers, we have a plug-and-play valve controller compatible with the factory motors coming out soon for those who want to add this feature.

I'll let Mike address the titanium sets since we have only a few in circulation. However, we've received no complaints about your stainless axle back.

Which midpipe are you using? Some midpipes have been known to cause issues, especially during startup, even with the factory exhaust.
Valvetronic midpipe. I went back to the stock axle back and everything is fine now. It was just an issue with the VT axle back. I think it had to do with those spring devices that connect the actuator to the valves. I just couldn't get enough tension, so it gave off the cheap sounding rattle only when the valves were open. When they were closed, there was no ratte.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2024, 09:07 AM   #46
chris3g
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
Valvetronic midpipe. I went back to the stock axle back and everything is fine now. It was just an issue with the VT axle back. I think it had to do with those spring devices that connect the actuator to the valves. I just couldn't get enough tension, so it gave off the cheap sounding rattle only when the valves were open. When they were closed, there was no ratte.
if you watch the install video that XPH posted in this thread, you can see they are using the same spring. I'm not sure what was going on with yours but it really shouldn't be an issue though, BMW has also used this same type of spring on other models, just not on the G8x. Generally they work fine.
Appreciate 1
nosbocaj770.00
      07-20-2024, 11:06 AM   #47
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
if you watch the install video that XPH posted in this thread, you can see they are using the same spring. I'm not sure what was going on with yours but it really shouldn't be an issue though, BMW has also used this same type of spring on other models, just not on the G8x. Generally they work fine.
Here it is again

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 03:27 PM   #48
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

I've had this exhaust on my car for a while now. The setup is stock downpipes, MAD non-resonated single midpipe, and MAD axle-back exhaust.

For a daily driver, it’s perfect. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory, BMW, take notes. The cold start isn't loud, and there's no rattle whether the valves are open or closed. Casual driving is as smooth as it gets, with zero drone or rasp. With the valves closed, it’s a bit more aggressive than stock but still civil enough that most people would think that's how the car came from BMW. Open the valves, and the car gets a more aggressive tone, but still no rasp or drone at any RPM. It’s a perfect balance for an M-car sound.

now that I have had it for a while, I decided to increase the volume by upgrading to the MAD catted downpipes.

This setup is for those who want an aggressive sound. If that’s not your thing, the first setup I had is more than enough.

Cold Start with Valves Closed: It’s noticeably louder than stock but not as crazy as I expected. It’s still manageable, even with my HOA.
Cold Start with Valves Open: LOUD. i would not do it unless I'm showing off to my friends how loud my exhaust is.

Driving with Valves Closed: It’s louder than before, and people will notice it’s aftermarket, but not obnoxious. You can still drive around town or through the neighborhood without too much attention.

Driving with Valves Open: This is very loud, and it’ll definitely attract attention. If you have burbles on, expect some serious pops and bangs.

Personally, I'll keep the valves closed for regular driving and only open them for pulls or when I’m racing.

Above 5000 RPM, you’ll get some rasp, which is to be expected. I anticipate that the resonated midpipe I’ll install later will help clean up most of the rasp.

What surprised me the most was the zero drone and rattle on all RPMs. The catted downpipes made everything louder, with some rasp on high RPMs, but they kept all the positives from the previous setup.

If you’re looking for an aggressive exhaust that gets super loud with the valves open but still allows you to drive around comfortably with the valves closed, and you don’t mind a little rasp at high RPM, I highly recommend this setup.

For those who want the aggressive sound but prefer less rasp, I suggest adding a resonated single midpipe. I’ll be doing that next month and will share my feedback after.

Look out for a video in two weeks with the installation and some sound clips.

Appreciate 5
      09-11-2024, 08:00 PM   #49
azlightning213
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I've had this exhaust on my car for a while now. The setup is stock downpipes, MAD non-resonated single midpipe, and MAD axle-back exhaust.

For a daily driver, it’s perfect. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory, BMW, take notes. The cold start isn't loud, and there's no rattle whether the valves are open or closed. Casual driving is as smooth as it gets, with zero drone or rasp. With the valves closed, it’s a bit more aggressive than stock but still civil enough that most people would think that's how the car came from BMW. Open the valves, and the car gets a more aggressive tone, but still no rasp or drone at any RPM. It’s a perfect balance for an M-car sound.

now that I have had it for a while, I decided to increase the volume by upgrading to the MAD catted downpipes.

This setup is for those who want an aggressive sound. If that’s not your thing, the first setup I had is more than enough.

Cold Start with Valves Closed: It’s noticeably louder than stock but not as crazy as I expected. It’s still manageable, even with my HOA.
Cold Start with Valves Open: LOUD. i would not do it unless I'm showing off to my friends how loud my exhaust is.

Driving with Valves Closed: It’s louder than before, and people will notice it’s aftermarket, but not obnoxious. You can still drive around town or through the neighborhood without too much attention.

Driving with Valves Open: This is very loud, and it’ll definitely attract attention. If you have burbles on, expect some serious pops and bangs.

Personally, I'll keep the valves closed for [...]
Thanks for the update Mike. Do you get CEL with the MAD catted downpipes? I’m debating those or splurging on the very expensive AA GESI’s. I don’t want CEL and I don’t want smell…. But I do want more sound (currently have AA single mid which is awesome).
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 08:16 PM   #50
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlightning213 View Post
Thanks for the update Mike. Do you get CEL with the MAD catted downpipes? I’m debating those or splurging on the very expensive AA GESI’s. I don’t want CEL and I don’t want smell…. But I do want more sound (currently have AA single mid which is awesome).
He said he's flashed so probably no cel.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 09-12-2024 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 05:39 AM   #51
SLE3PER
CRNA
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

Personally, I'll keep the valves closed for [...]
Thanks for the detailed info with both setups with the DPs. Waiting to hear the resonated version!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 08:18 AM   #52
lopeydeath
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4C

Quote:

Personally, I'll keep the valves closed for regular driving and only open them for pulls or when I’m racing.

Above 5000 RPM, you’ll get some rasp, which is to be expected. I anticipate that the resonated midpipe I’ll install later will help clean up most of the rasp.

What surprised me the most was the zero drone and rattle on all RPMs. The catted downpipes made everything louder, with some rasp on high RPMs, but they kept all the positives from the previous setup.

If you’re looking for an aggressive exhaust that gets super loud with the valves open but still allows you to drive around comfortably with the valves closed, and you don’t mind a little rasp at high RPM, I highly recommend this setup.

For those who want the aggressive sound but prefer less rasp, I suggest adding a resonated single midpipe. I’ll be doing that next month and will share my feedback after.

Look out for a video in two weeks with the installation and some sound clips.
Your catback, is that the steel or the titanium version?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 09:04 AM   #53
leocce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i (SOLD)

waiting for more people to post videos about the exhaust.. to make a decision
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 09:27 AM   #54
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopeydeath View Post
He’s running our full titanium catback with steel catted Downpipe.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #55
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlightning213 View Post
im on bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopeydeath View Post
titanium but i dont notice a difference in sound between the MAD titanium and stainless steel sounds, the only difference is the weight savings and the cool gold finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocce View Post
waiting for more people to post videos about the exhaust.. to make a decision

Appreciate 2
JTO245432.00
      09-12-2024, 02:08 PM   #56
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
im on bootmod3

titanium but i dont notice a difference in sound between the MAD titanium and stainless steel sounds, the only difference is the weight savings and the cool gold finish

As always, thanks for the details, Mike!

Regarding the sound of the full system before changing down pipes... how was the tone compared to running the single midpipe only?

With the valves open, did the tone change much or was it just more volume?

I bought the Dinan midpipe from you guys last year but am considering either adding the MAD axle back (steel) or swapping to just their single mid on my LCI car coming next month.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 11:31 AM   #57
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
As always, thanks for the details, Mike!

Regarding the sound of the full system before changing down pipes... how was the tone compared to running the single midpipe only?

With the valves open, did the tone change much or was it just more volume?

I bought the Dinan midpipe from you guys last year but am considering either adding the MAD axle back (steel) or swapping to just their single mid on my LCI car coming next month.

valves open it sounds very similar
valves closed, sounds much better

nothing beats the single midpipe setup

Appreciate 2
JTO245432.00
Beik13.00
      09-13-2024, 12:43 PM   #58
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:

valves open it sounds very similar
valves closed, sounds much better

nothing beats the single midpipe setup
Perfect, thanks again for your feedback!
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 01:41 PM   #59
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Perfect, thanks again for your feedback!
My pleasure

Appreciate 1
JTO245432.00
      09-13-2024, 06:53 PM   #60
deez_504
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G82 M4 Comp XDrive

Quote:
im on bootmod3

Hey Mike is there a difference in volume between the titanium and ss? I'm currently running MAD ss full exhaust with their resonated dp. Looking to eliminate rasp as I'm currently running catless dp with a non-res midpipe and as you can imagine, it can get pretty raspy.

If there's not much difference in volume I think I will just get their resonated midpipe to eliminate the rasp.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 10:56 AM   #61
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez_504 View Post
Hey Mike is there a difference in volume between the titanium and ss? I'm currently running MAD ss full exhaust with their resonated dp. Looking to eliminate rasp as I'm currently running catless dp with a non-res midpipe and as you can imagine, it can get pretty raspy.

If there's not much difference in volume I think I will just get their resonated midpipe to eliminate the rasp.
surprisingly not, the same setups sound the same to my ears whether its stainless steel or titanium.

I agree that you should start by upgrading to the resonated midpipe to reduce unwanted noise.

Appreciate 2
      09-17-2024, 05:10 PM   #62
raptormachine
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
Hi I search the forum but couldn’t find if someone already asked but is there any shop in Europe selling MAD products? Importing is always pain to deal with the customs and import taxations…
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2024, 05:42 PM   #63
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptormachine View Post
Hi I search the forum but couldn’t find if someone already asked but is there any shop in Europe selling MAD products? Importing is always pain to deal with the customs and import taxations…
We have a few dealers in europe. None in portugal though.

Closest to you would be spain

http://www.mservice.es/
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2024, 07:15 AM   #64
raptormachine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We have a few dealers in europe. None in portugal though.

Closest to you would be spain

http://www.mservice.es/
Great and thanks I will look into it!

Do you have a "list" where I can check all your EU dealers, because ordering from Spain or other EU country is the same for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2024, 04:59 PM   #65
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptormachine View Post
Great and thanks I will look into it!

Do you have a "list" where I can check all your EU dealers, because ordering from Spain or other EU country is the same for me.
None our of euro dealers will have these exhausts in stock. They are due to start shipping october 1st.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #66
raptormachine
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
None our of euro dealers will have these exhausts in stock. They are due to start shipping october 1st.
Thanks... for now if any dealers could give me visibility on final price and a potential availability date that would be sufficient.
Appreciate 0