BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-24-2024, 06:31 AM   #45
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrike View Post
I thought that as well until I realized there are two different types of buyers, those that want the fast weekend card to have fun in and those that daily it. The weekend car people don’t care about full leather or galvanic controls. People who daily these cars look for that little extra bit of luxury.
Huh? Just because it's a weekend car does not mean people don't like luxury in a "luxury sport sedan" lol that's just silly. I'm sure there are lots of people that don't care for these galvanic controls or full leather, but it's not because it's a daily vs weekend ride.
      09-24-2024, 06:43 AM   #46
yert43
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 M3 Base (soon)

I decided to skip galvanic controls because I preferred the aesthetics of the all black. I spec'd my car to look low profile. I went with TBII exterior and black interior. As much as I think some of the brighter exterior and interior colors are cool, they're not for me. I like the all-business, purposeful look of the black interior, and I thought the standard black switches went well with that.

I also decided to skip extended leather. With the black interior, you don't get as much of a visual change with this option, but the primary reason was that I have a dog who will spend a fair amount of time in the back seat of my car, and I believe the doors will be more durable without the extended leather. I like the look of the extended leather on the front dash, so I chose to go with sensatec dash to mimic that look as much as I could without adding a bunch of leather that has to be maintained.

To each their own. There's no one right or wrong way to spec a car. We all have different use cases.
Appreciate 0