BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Lease Deals
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-14-2024, 12:37 PM   #23
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Each allocation comes with a “build week” already assigned. I wanted a car fast, so Next Level Auto Brokers found me an allocation with an early shipping week. I did my order (no individual stuff, just AW/SS) and had my car in 77 days.

You can ask your dealers to show you which build weeks are on their allocations, and order off the allocation that delivers around/before you need it.
      09-14-2024, 01:40 PM   #24
rak299
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 M3 Base

The build week is not a reeliable way to predict delivery. It often changes until you get to 150 status, which usually means all the major parts are in stock. Even after that, there are stories about a month in QC (after it's built) or a month at the port. My first G80 had the fastest delivery I have ever seen. It took 59 days from the day I made contact with the dealer to the day it was sitting in my driveway. That includes west coast shipping, which is about double the east coast time. 5 days after I submitted the build, it was in 150 status. Less than a month after I placed the order. the car was on a ship.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2024, 02:41 PM   #25
MacRozie
Rep
Drives: '23 Audi SQ5, '23 Macan S

OP just for reference. I have a ‘25 G80 allocation I secured in June. Individual color & MPHAS. It is expected to complete production Sept 17, then will go through QC the rest of the steps. Possibly another month or two depending on the boats. I’m expecting delivery sometime in November. So 4-6 month time frame would be very realistic with individual options.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2024, 10:52 AM   #26
Spagolli94
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by him130849 View Post
Is it?
Yes, it is.

My company pays for the car lease, which I use for a mix of personal and business use. A corresponding percentage of the lease payment, gas, insurance, etc. is classified as a business expense, thereby lowering the taxable income.

If the business were to buy the car, it would be an asset. In theory, I could write-off the depreciation expense. But I prefer to invest as little as possible into a depreciating asset, so leasing is the better option for me.

Everybody's situation is different. Don't want to share any deeper details with strangers on the internet.
Appreciate 0